Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Scatman wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Seeing we're on user names, I'd say it was to do with Scatman.

Spit it out

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scat

How do you change your username?

I have just burst out laughing in the middle of the office and cannot explain why i am....... FMTWFF
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:11 pm

phips wrote:the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
no need to be snarky.

Thanks Joey
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:54 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Scatman wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Seeing we're on user names, I'd say it was to do with Scatman.

Spit it out

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scat

How do you change your username?

I have just burst out laughing in the middle of the office and cannot explain why i am....... FMTWFF

What the fuc does FMTWFF mean?

I googled it and the only two proper results I got were you posting FMTWFF on here?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=FMTWFF&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=imn_WJ3zL6SE8Qegk4H4CQ
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby littlebig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm

I trust in Pep.

Genius he probably isn't but he's no mug either.

I hope we smash it next year, a couple of decent signings and we could be unstoppable, shut the critics up.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:What the fuc does FMTWFF mean?

I googled it and the only two proper results I got were you posting FMTWFF on here?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=FMTWFF&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=imn_WJ3zL6SE8Qegk4H4CQ

Ha, I wondered the same thing some time ago and googled it with the same results as you got now.

Fuck Me That Was Fucking Funny. It was coined by some poster on here.

And it was, btw.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Fuck Me That Was Fucking Funny....

About six people asked me why I was laughing but I couldn't say as our CEO was in the office :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Fuck Me That Was Fucking Funny....

About six people asked me why I was laughing but I couldn't say as our CEO was in the office :lol:

Is he any good at signing football players?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 pm

and when did the Guardian say Pep was a "football genius"?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 am

CTID Hants wrote:
phips wrote:the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
no need to be snarky.

Thanks Joey

cheers
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 am

johnny crossan wrote:and when did the Guardian say Pep was a "football genius"?

I think that was effort to make him a nickname. Though it's not really catchy is it?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 am

phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
phips wrote:based on recent matches i would assume its safe to think he will play Bravo. and someone shitty like Daley Blind will score from some weak ass effort that Bravo either won't get to or will get his weak hand to it but do nothing to keep it out

Seeing as you can predict the future can you give me the lottery numbers for the weekend......ta.

the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
no need to be snarky.

No need to moan and make up shit. We're playing in a fucking derby and everyone needs to get behind the team and whoever is selected.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 am

littlebig wrote:I trust in Pep.

I hope we smash it next year, a couple of decent signings and we could be unstoppable, shut the critics up.

A couple? Make that 6.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
phips wrote:based on recent matches i would assume its safe to think he will play Bravo. and someone shitty like Daley Blind will score from some weak ass effort that Bravo either won't get to or will get his weak hand to it but do nothing to keep it out

Seeing as you can predict the future can you give me the lottery numbers for the weekend......ta.

no need to be snarky.

No need to moan and make up shit. We're playing in a fucking derby and everyone needs to get behind the team and whoever is selected.

whoops. didnt know that i posted that on the day of the derby; i got my dates mixed up. you're right. apologies.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't rate him. He needs a one- or two-horse league and to be able to buy up the very best players. That's not a 'manager'; that's a man with a silver platter up his arse.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Justified logic wrote:

I don't rate him. He needs a one- or two-horse league and to be able to buy up the very best players. That's not a 'manager'; that's a man with a silver platter up his arse.

No doubt he has made some very bad calls this season. A top class manager makes his team greater than the sum of its parts,he hasn't done that this season-not even close. He may learn from his mistakes and I'm sure he will be backed to the hilt on transfers this summer, but if there isn't a vast improvement come this time next year serious questions need to be asked.
Dubblue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Tim777 wrote:Please guys, let's not turn on each other.
I've been as close to death's door as can be, which made me realise that life is too short for anything other than love.

I know these posts are typed in jest, in anger, as knee-jerk reactions - I've been guilty of these myself.
We will prevail no matter what, I know it, and deep down, you know it too, because good triumphs over everything, and the club that we all love, follow and support is the best of the best; today, tomorrow and forever.

Ain't never gonna be a club as awesome as City, win or lose or win or win, and that's a fact!
I'm aware of the main issues: Pep's decisions, gross official and media bias, and an ageing squad.

All I'm saying is, always stop to see the bigger picture; each one of us once arrived as babies, and each one of us will leave as precious souls.
Love. Just LOVE!
Look forward to the future because it's great to be alive; it's great to be part of the beating heart that is MCFC.

Tim

PS. Gee, this is the most kumbaya post I've ever written (I know, Carl)
PS2. OD, I think that Phips doesn't intend to rub us the wrong way, he's just being Phips - love him (think about it ;))
PS3. Thanks NT and Notts for the well-wishes; well in Nottsblue - I love the colour, it suits you, so proud of you (I hope NT is next), don't ever change (except to orange) - hugs ;)
PS4. Where in the blazers is Gringo/DM? I didn't see him when I took a peek on the other side, and he'd only be up, not down, the ol' pumpkin ;)
PS5. I'm straight, but I think that GJ is a total dish in both skills and looks, and many of you fellas secretly think so too! The kid radiates legend already for me (ek kan nie wag nie)
PS6. Sorry for leaving so abruptly, I've been checking in intermittently; well done to TB for winning the prediction title in May 2016, and thanks PrezIke for the sublime finale:)))
PS7. Bless the officials and the media for their efforts; if they don't let us in through the front door, there's also the back door, the windows, the chimney, the letterbox, the airvents....

XXX

Welcome back mate, hope you're doing well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Dubblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

No doubt he has made some very bad calls this season. A top class manager makes his team greater than the sum of its parts,he hasn't done that this season-not even close. He may learn from his mistakes and I'm sure he will be backed to the hilt on transfers this summer, but if there isn't a vast improvement come this time next year serious questions need to be asked.

And there will be. What has annoyed me is that it's as if Pep brought this on himself. We werent great at times but we were flying, that was until he started downplaying the teams achievements and forecasting a downturn. His formations, players and the Premier League duly obliged. Why he did it, i don't know, but if he was trying to play mind games, he truly failed.

In truth, he's probably just about living up to where i thought the team would be but that was without having the 'Mighty Pep' in charge. My expectations then were a little higher but with the caveat that without a change to the fullback issue, he wouldn't make much headway; another year older, and all that.

I suppose i expected more, but then again, i wasn't expecting the blatant cheating that the powers that be have provided.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dubblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

And there will be. What has annoyed me is that it's as if Pep brought this on himself. We werent great at times but we were flying, that was until he started downplaying the teams achievements and forecasting a downturn. His formations, players and the Premier League duly obliged. Why he did it, i don't know, but if he was trying to play mind games, he truly failed.

In truth, he's probably just about living up to where i thought the team would be but that was without having the 'Mighty Pep' in charge. My expectations then were a little higher but with the caveat that without a change to the fullback issue, he wouldn't make much headway; another year older, and all that.

I suppose i expected more, but then again, i wasn't expecting the blatant cheating that the powers that be have provided.

Beefy,

Footballers and mind games don't go together.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

no need to be snarky.

whoops. didnt know that i posted that on the day of the derby; i got my dates mixed up. you're right. apologies.

I'm pretty sure Blind is a rag and with your mystic meg powers indicated he will score in the derby with some shite shot. Why not say something postive and support the team who's next match happens to be the derby instead of writing utter drivel, made up drivel at that.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:

How very tabloid.

Don't all the best managers buy the best players?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum