Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We actually only played 45 mins of football today , had PEP not had a brain fart with his line up we would have had 90 mins of football and we would have won.

I'd go with this. He tried something and it didn't work. It remains to be seen whether he tries it again or not.

I have not seen the game , but this is most certainly not the first time this season he has pissed about with the line up. Again he needs a good slap around the ears . Boro ffs ! we dropped four points against this gash side.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:23 pm

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We actually only played 45 mins of football today , had PEP not had a brain fart with his line up we would have had 90 mins of football and we would have won.

I'd go with this. He tried something and it didn't work. It remains to be seen whether he tries it again or not.

I have not seen the game , but this is most certainly not the first time this season he has pissed about with the line up. Again he needs a good slap around the ears . Boro ffs ! we dropped four points against this gash side.

I just started watchind and first ten minutes looks terrible.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

That was the good bit of the first half.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

That was the good bit of the first half.

Oh lord. We are tactically all over the place. Having said that, judging by the comments second half should be better.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:At least it wasn't 8-1.

An apposite reflection - but today also seems like yet another deeply disappointing insight into the frailty of Pep's grasp of our expectations as a club.
Perhaps, and even more disappointing, he does understand them but just doesn't care.
I doubt he will recover the goodwill of many city fans after this season's self-serving blunders.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

An apposite reflection - but today also seems like yet another deeply disappointing insight into the frailty of Pep's grasp of our expectations as a club.
Perhaps, and even more disappointing, he does understand them but just doesn't care.
I doubt he will recover the goodwill of many city fans after this season's self-serving blunders.

Pep is doing a good job of confirming what i have always felt about the Spanish and European football, they will stop at nothing to keep spanish interests at the forefront of the European game.

Somebody please convince me otherwise .

With Mancini, we brilliantly broke the Cartel and these Spanish muppets have broken our machine.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Oh lord. We are tactically all over the place. Having said that, judging by the comments second half should be better.

I thought we played quite well against an(other) eleven-man defence in the second half. It is not easy finding space when there are two banks of five defenders on the edge of their own penalty area.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Oh lord. We are tactically all over the place. Having said that, judging by the comments second half should be better.

I thought we played quite well against an(other) eleven-man defence in the second half. It is not easy finding space when there are two banks of five defenders on the edge of their own penalty area.

But that is supposed to be the spine of Pep's football. Having opposition back against the wall all game and controlling posession. Problem is that brand of football asks for genuinely world class centerback pairing because of all the space behind the defensive line. We don't have that.

So in prder for us to get results he should have tweaked his system UNTIL he has players to truly run that system with success.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

zuricity wrote:Pep is doing a good job of confirming what i have always felt about the Spanish and European football, they will stop at nothing to keep spanish interests at the forefront of the European game. Somebody please convince me otherwise . With Mancini, we brilliantly broke the Cartel and these Spanish muppets have broken our machine.

I always wondered what 'Spanish Practices' really were until the Barca Boys rocked up at City ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby petrov » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

The first half was an absolute disaster and totally on Pep, I think thats 12 times he's put us 3 at the back this season and we've only won 1 or maybe 0. Second half was much better and its hard to blame the manager for the 2nd goal. The naivety for their first goal was absolutely shocking to have our pants pulled down like that away from home without no fullbacks in miles of the ball.

Kompany and Otamendi were at panic stations alot today and that goal screamed headless chickens. We're the only club in the league who have conceded I'd say every single time theres pinball in our box. Other teams often get a boot or head on the ball but not us, we shy away like cowards and let the ball inevitably end up in the net and everyone can feel fine about it because it was nobodies own goal.

My overall feelings on Pep are its been exciting but we've not been good enough at both ends of the field. Just about every game we don't romp away with we concede 2 goals and our attack misfires time and time again. As poor and all as Garcia was today had he stayed on and Pep pulled Jesus (who was really poor) we'd have won the game.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:02 pm

petrov wrote:The first half was an absolute disaster and totally on Pep, I think thats 12 times he's put us 3 at the back this season and we've only won 1 or maybe 0. Second half was much better and its hard to blame the manager for the 2nd goal. The naivety for their first goal was absolutely shocking to have our pants pulled down like that away from home without no fullbacks in miles of the ball.

Kompany and Otamendi were at panic stations alot today and that goal screamed headless chickens. We're the only club in the league who have conceded I'd say every single time theres pinball in our box. Other teams often get a boot or head on the ball but not us, we shy away like cowards and let the ball inevitably end up in the net and everyone can feel fine about it because it was nobodies own goal.

My overall feelings on Pep are its been exciting but we've not been good enough at both ends of the field. Just about every game we don't romp away with we concede 2 goals and our attack misfires time and time again. As poor and all as Garcia was today had he stayed on and Pep pulled Jesus (who was really poor) we'd have won the game.

did you spot his goal at all?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm

What nobhead sold Negredo? Would've been 1-3 if he was on our team.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Pep indulged himself today by starting with that formation. I also think the club need to stop trying to copy Barca. It's an obsession. We have the Spafia and Pep but we don't have a league with 15 shite teams in it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Pep definitely got the set up geeways in the first half no doubts there. But at least he changed it in the second half.

We had a lot of dross on the pitch today. Nobody should overlook that.
We have a lot of shite players to get rid of.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 pm

sheblue wrote:Pep definitely got the set up geeways in the first half no doubts there. But at least he changed it in the second half.

We had a lot of dross on the pitch today. Nobody should overlook that.
We have a lot of shite players to get rid of.

Yes but who's fault is it? Txiki's definitely but with Hart we would be conservatively estimating at least 6 to 8 points better off. That is down to Pep.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:52 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Pep indulged himself today by starting with that formation. I also think the club need to stop trying to copy Barca. It's an obsession. We have the Spafia and Pep but we don't have a league with 15 shite teams in it.

Barca's - and Spain's - football has had it's day.

We've played best when we've gone fast and direct, not with this shite tippy-tappy, let their defence reorganise, pass it sideways and backwards crap.

City will be here long after Guardiola and his gang have gone.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Justified logic wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Pep indulged himself today by starting with that formation. I also think the club need to stop trying to copy Barca. It's an obsession. We have the Spafia and Pep but we don't have a league with 15 shite teams in it.

Barca's - and Spain's - football has had it's day.

We've played best when we've gone fast and direct, not with this shite tippy-tappy, let their defence reorganise, pass it sideways and backwards crap.

City will be here long after Guardiola and his gang have gone.

It's really all based on a model laid out by John Cruyff.

Don't knwo what you mean by Pep's gang by the way. Ferran Soriano has been nothing short of excellent for us. Really improved the club from his position. Jury is still out with as his system needs certain type of defenders. It's Txiki really who should be shown the door.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:16 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:

What nobhead sold Negredo? Would've been 1-3 if he was on our team.

Would that have been Txixi ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Don't knwo what you mean by Pep's gang by the way. Ferran Soriano has been nothing short of excellent for us. Really improved the club from his position. Jury is still out with as his system needs certain type of defenders. It's Txiki really who should be shown the door.

Tried to buy a ticket for Spanair recently? The airbrushing of Soriano's career of enormous foul-ups is actually just nauseating. His alleged 'success' here is actually down solely to the work of Tom Glick and the only reason we employed him in the first place was to get Guardiola in 2015, which he conspicuously failed to do after the ham-fisted treatment of Mancini, largely down to him. He single-handedly caused us to fail the revised FFP criteria through sheer incompetence and cost the club 2 years of stagnation and enormous amounts of money.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby petrov » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:25 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
petrov wrote:The first half was an absolute disaster and totally on Pep, I think thats 12 times he's put us 3 at the back this season and we've only won 1 or maybe 0. Second half was much better and its hard to blame the manager for the 2nd goal. The naivety for their first goal was absolutely shocking to have our pants pulled down like that away from home without no fullbacks in miles of the ball.

did you spot his goal at all?

A goal doesn't mean he didn't have a poor game. I know he's rusty but he's not above criticism. He lost the ball just about every time he got it today and his touch was heavy alot of the time. I know he has to play himself back in but I thought he was our worst attacking player.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum