Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Scum!

Don't hate the Rags, Rags and media, just ignore them like the bad smell when you're with good company.

The more you hate them, the more relevant they are.

Fuck 'em, fuck all of them, especially the ones that want them back at the top.

PS. I can't ignore them but I'm an hypocritical bastard, been there too long, bit if i could, that's what I'd do.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Scum!

Don't hate the Rags, Rags and media, just ignore them like the bad smell when you're with good company.

The more you hate them, the more relevant they are.

Fuck 'em, fuck all of them, especially the ones that want them back at the top.

PS. I can't ignore them but I'm an hypocritical bastard, been there too long, bit if i could, that's what I'd do.

After having the cnuts thrust down my throat for the last fifty odd years, I can't do anything else but hate the fuckers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 am

The concept that Pep can't manage anyone but the best players as a critique and any manager can win with the best players argument is full of many holes.

Managing a collection of mega egos and stars is not the same as being Sam Allardyce or Bobby Mancini.

Mancini lost the team and didn't have what it takes to manage a club of the level we are seeking to be. If so, why is it then that has he never made it past the level of an Inter that was nowhere near the levels they were in the 90s-00s? Footballers are also different today, like it or not. If Sam had a Barca or Real Madrid like team full of stars he wouldn't have one clue what to do and would be sacked swiftly I suspect. Yet, this is the level where we want to be.

It's a different animal that only select few managers know how to handle and be successful at. We've played football this season that is the best I have seen since the takeover, and that includes Pellegrini's first season, which was tantalising in the beginning. Pep has faced issues and struggles, but he is a top tier manager that other clubs would dream of having.

Pep is arguably even the best of this lot, and it's quite sad to see how a certain sect of our fans have decided either they don't rate him, he's too stubborn to adapt, or even worse, a fraud. I recongise the legit reasons for frustration about this season, as I am as well.

However, we need to stand behind him so we can see over the next few seasons if it will work. I am of the belief it will. I do not want another Mancini or Pellegrini managing our club anytime soon, nor a Simeone. Clearly, some minds have been "made up," as is usual within the disgruntled world of TalkSport/talk radio sport ranting, but I struggle to see how one can rationally make an honest, comprehensive assessment of Pep after this season.

Some (I already have read it elsewhere) will say, "See, he needed the best players to win." Tell me again why some other managers of high quality footballers have underachieved? Also, this is a systemic change in the first team that our current player lack enough who can execute it. You only play a lower level of football when you have lower quality players, and even good managers of good/mid/low table clubs do not necessarily have what it takes to manage the best.

Are some of us holding Pep accountable for mistakes he had nothing to do with in the last too many previous seasons since 2012 (outside 2014) where we have been disappointed?
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:44 am

Watch on youtube.com

Take this medicine and feel better.

We have it in our DNA to overcome the obstacles.

This is the next phase.

We'll fight to the end.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:28 am

PrezIke wrote:The concept that Pep can't manage anyone but the best players as a critique and any manager can win with the best players argument is full of many holes.

It's a different animal that only select few managers know how to handle and be successful at. We've played football this season that is the best I have seen since the takeover, and that includes Pellegrini's first season, which was tantalising in the beginning. Pep has faced issues and struggles, but he is a top tier manager that other clubs would dream of having.

?

Sorry mate I'm not having that. We have played a few really good games this season, but it's not been a patch on either title winning season. In both those seasons we battered other challengers well and truly. What side if genuine quality have we whacked this season? Putting 6 past United, Arsenal, Spurs etc is bloody impressive and nothing this year has come close for me.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 am

"Carrick, who joined United in 2006 from Tottenham, has made 31 appearances for the club this season.

"He's one of the best holding midfielders I've ever seen in my life, by far," Guardiola said."

Definitely not a genius.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:59 am

Mase wrote:"Carrick, who joined United in 2006 from Tottenham, has made 31 appearances for the club this season.

"He's one of the best holding midfielders I've ever seen in my life, by far," Guardiola said."

Definitely not a genius.

I'm not sure when Pep is serious or just taking the piss. He's worked the media out And his slight digs are taken as fact, just look at his 'Really happy' statements.

As usual, the media will haven't given him a loaded statement and he'll have just gone with it. Why they'd have to ask such a question in the first place, i don't know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:53 am

PrezIke wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

This is the next phase.

We'll fight to the end.

Well, we'll soon see whether Aguero, a player that any other club would take in a heartbeat, is deemed to be good enough for Guardiola's team next season.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The concept that Pep can't manage anyone but the best players as a critique and any manager can win with the best players argument is full of many holes.

?

Sorry mate I'm not having that. We have played a few really good games this season, but it's not been a patch on either title winning season. In both those seasons we battered other challengers well and truly. What side if genuine quality have we whacked this season? Putting 6 past United, Arsenal, Spurs etc is bloody impressive and nothing this year has come close for me.

I thought we'd sorted that out for you Lee.
All the clues were there Mate, from Pep's own mouth. Sadly, City fans like others seem to get drawn into the hype and the media frenzy without applying a bit of common sense with a sense of reality.

Even the club tagged this season "It starts here" or something similar. It's the start, a demolition over a period of time of the squad that was around under Mancini and some players before. Pep took over the oldest team in the League, why is it ok for the rags to take a league winning side, spend £billions and still be considered a team in transition while Pep is expected to improve City dramaticall with players who have been on the wane since 2014/ Expected to do it in one transfer window? It just doesn't make sense.

At what point do fans accept that Zaba can't get up and down the line as he did 4yrs ago? Or Kolorov, Sagna, Clichy, Otamendi, Yaya, Fernandinho? All need replacing at some point very soon.

Whether we blame Marwood after Cooke moved out or Txiki for not buying the quality we needed, one thing is certain, 2014-15 wasn't as good as 13-14, nor 15-16 as good as 14-15. The signals were all there.

The loss of Gundogan, the injury to Kompany, Aguero being out, the politics with Yaya and Jesus missing haven't helped the cause. And we connot discount the loss of valuable points stolen from us by the pinball (Deaf, dumb and blind men) wizards that impersonate match officials.

Football, like life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the ups, enjoy the downs, this team is in good hands, rebuilding.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm

john68 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

?

All the clues were there Mate, from Pep's own mouth. Sadly, City fans like others seem to get drawn into the hype and the media frenzy without applying a bit of common sense with a sense of reality.

Even the club tagged this season "It starts here" or something similar. It's the start, a demolition over a period of time of the squad that was around under Mancini and some players before. Pep took over the oldest team in the League, why is it ok for the rags to take a league winning side, spend £billions and still be considered a team in transition while Pep is expected to improve City dramaticall with players who have been on the wane since 2014/ Expected to do it in one transfer window? It just doesn't make sense.

At what point do fans accept that Zaba can't get up and down the line as he did 4yrs ago? Or Kolorov, Sagna, Clichy, Otamendi, Yaya, Fernandinho? All need replacing at some point very soon.

Whether we blame Marwood after Cooke moved out or Txiki for not buying the quality we needed, one thing is certain, 2014-15 wasn't as good as 13-14, nor 15-16 as good as 14-15. The signals were all there.

The loss of Gundogan, the injury to Kompany, Aguero being out, the politics with Yaya and Jesus missing haven't helped the cause. And we connot discount the loss of valuable points stolen from us by the pinball (Deaf, dumb and blind men) wizards that impersonate match officials.

Football, like life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the ups, enjoy the downs, this team is in good hands, rebuilding.

You have no right coming on here and talking sense

Though I admit after some of the results we have had I was pissed off and negative . But you are right from Spuds to Chavs to both red Shites .All rebuilding . But us it's a failure
Good on yer John cheered me up no end
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Another 'transition' year then. We've had a lot of those recently.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Mase wrote:Another 'transition' year then. We've had a lot of those recently.

the new players who arrive in the summer will need time to settle so don't expect too much next season either.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

the new players who arrive in the summer will need time to settle so don't expect too much next season either.

It'll be a completely new defence that needs to settle so give them a year. It's all part of the project.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:18 pm

john68 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

?

I am in this camp as well. A pot or a Wembley final would've been nice but it's a rare side that does that every year, or indeed most years.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

It'll be a completely new defence that needs to settle so give them a year. It's all part of the project.

Not necessarily, it's perfectly plausible to suggest that we could start next season with Kompany and Stones as our CB pairing with Otter or Kolarov as backup and A.N. Other.

All change at full back though granted.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Sadly Mase, since Mancini went, we've had no transition seasons Mate.
We have stagnation seasons. Make do with what we've got and bring in others, most of whom were not up to standard.

The slow demise of our over aged defence has been tragic.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

john68 wrote:

Sadly Mase,since The Spafia arrived, we've had no transition seasons Mate.
We have stagnation seasons. Make do with what we've got and bring in others, most of whom were not up to standard.

The slow demise of our over aged defence has been tragic.

corrected for you John
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tim777 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

This is the next phase.

We'll fight to the end.

Well, we'll soon see whether Aguero, a player that any other club would take in a heartbeat, is deemed to be good enough for Guardiola's team next season.

I always felt convinced that Kun would be with us until he decides to go back to his Argie club, now I'm not so sure because of events this season.
When I saw pics of that meeting between Pep and him in that restaurant, presumably discussing a contract renewal, it gave me a sense of unease because the vibe looked tense.
Besides having to adapt to Pep's style of play, to me there's also a subtle personality clash of sorts.
If so, I hope this subsides and he is able to adapt, get more involved in build-up play, provide more assists (he seems to have shown glimpses of that in recent weeks) because I'd like him to stay with us for quite a while longer.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking because he is used to playing his way.
If he could form a partnership with GJ like he did with Tevez and Negredo, that would be great because what he brings to the team is priceless.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
john68 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

?

You have no right coming on here and talking sense

Though I admit after some of the results we have had I was pissed off and negative . But you are right from Spuds to Chavs to both red Shites .All rebuilding . But us it's a failure
Good on yer John cheered me up no end

John ought to be made available and prescribed by the NHS. His common sense is a fine medicine for a sad time.

Thanks John, you cheered me up no end as well :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Pellers won the double in a stagnation season. Pretty impressive stuff.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum