Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:34 pm

sheblue wrote:He has absolutely no interest in saying anything meaningful in his post match interviews, they are a load of bollocks anyway. He treats them with blatant contempt, but there is a downside to that and it probably will work against him.

Hes up his own arse - I still get bitter over his comments demanding us fans dont boo the bent competition anthem...I've never liked him since that day.
Ill respect him if he wins us trophys but if he doesnt this year then I hope he gets fucked off.

Mancini had his faults and I slagged him off many times , but he was a great manager and he absolutely LOVED city.

PeP loves himself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 pm

I watch Pep, I think he treats the press with a Fuck you attitude, he did it with the Madrid press for years. I have no problem with that. maybe we could get to know him better through the OS?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:He has absolutely no interest in saying anything meaningful in his post match interviews, they are a load of bollocks anyway. He treats them with blatant contempt, but there is a downside to that and it probably will work against him.

Hes up his own arse - I still get bitter over his comments demanding us fans dont boo the bent competition anthem...I've never liked him since that day.
Ill respect him if he wins us trophys but if he doesnt this year then I hope he gets fucked off.

Mancini had his faults and I slagged him off many times , but he was a great manager and he absolutely LOVED city.

PeP loves himself.

Sort of sums up my thoughts and feelings about Pep . I cant get to like the cunt and he treats city fans with distain imho , if he is successful with us I can live with it though .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BookJunior » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Pepe Guardiola is in his second season at City and hopefully enjoying the challenge of winning the EPL.

It might even give him different paradigms of football competitiveness.

We all know how competitive the league is and to win both EPL and UCL is a mountain to climb for him and us.

None the less do we really want to return to sacking manager days?
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:28 pm

BookJunior wrote:Pepe Guardiola is in his second season at City and hopefully enjoying the challenge of winning the EPL.

We all know how competitive the league is and to win both EPL and UCL is a mountain to climb for him and us.

Nobody is saying sack him jeeeeez man ! Just the fact he is one very arrogant man and has zero connection with city fans or it seems he doesn't want any connection with city fans . Take all sorts in life and Pep is very driven and is without doubt working very hard to achieve success for us but the guy is difficult to like but like I say IF he is successful with us I can live with it , nothing more nothing less !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm

BookJunior wrote:Pepe Guardiola is in his second season at City and hopefully enjoying the challenge of winning the EPL.

If we win ZERO this season then yes ,he can fuck off, but as has been mentioned above ,no one's asking for him to be sacked just because we are pissed off with him right now , we are questioning his selections and overall attitude towards City fans as IMO it smells right now and its down to him if the smell goes away or the smell becomes a fuckign stink.

Fuck me .....that was fucking poetic.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Had to watch the match with sound off last night, I'm guessing the Guardiola song get much of an airing last night?

He does appear to not be overly bothered with the fans.......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:29 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Had to watch the match with sound off last night, I'm guessing the Guardiola song get much of an airing last night?

He does appear to not be overly bothered with the fans.......

Just a couple of a few second bursts early in the first half pal . The "love" has deffo gone .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:27 am

I don't blame Pep for his attitude toward to creatures that frequent the press conferences. They are there to twist everything and rarely print anything positive. He only does because he has to.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I don't blame Pep for his attitude toward to creatures that frequent the press conferences. They are there to twist everything and rarely print anything positive. He only does because he has to.

I don't imagine many on here would disagree with that.
He has other opportunities to communicate his commitment to the club though, which are rarely taken effectively. The extracts we get from his interviews about us with the friendly Spanish media don't inspire much confidence in his attachment to City either.
My impression is that we are a part of his project rather than the other way round. Here he is with his gifted, gilded mates but he's not there this week - must be off the invite list now he's working with us

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 am

£100m in this window on Sanchez and Evans would just smack of desperate cheque book management. Is Guardiola totally incapapble of bringing on academy players and only able to buy in the ready-made product? 'World class' manager my arse.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am

Justified logic wrote:£100m in this window on Sanchez and Evans would just smack of desperate cheque book management. Is Guardiola totally incapapble of bringing on academy players and only able to buy in the ready-made product? 'World class' manager my arse.

Just musing but it's a little bit worryingly reminiscent of Big Mal's spending when he returned to City in the late 70s.

It seemed then to be a case of 'how many new additions do we need' and the answer always seemed to be 'just one more'. Having said that, rightly or wrongly, he did bring youngsters Tommy Caton and Nick Reid into the side, something which Pep seems loathe to risk overmuch......

......or am I being too harsh on our Spanish genius ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:£100m in this window on Sanchez and Evans would just smack of desperate cheque book management. Is Guardiola totally incapapble of bringing on academy players and only able to buy in the ready-made product? 'World class' manager my arse.

Just musing but it's a little bit worryingly reminiscent of Big Mal's spending when he returned to City in the late 70s.

It seemed then to be a case of 'how many new additions do we need' and the answer always seemed to be 'just one more'. Having said that, rightly or wrongly, he did bring youngsters Tommy Caton and Nick Reid into the side, something which Pep seems loathe to risk overmuch......

We needed a rebuild and it was always going to cost, Blame Neymar and the Coutinio figures.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 am

If this window ends with Evans in and Sterling out I think I'll be done with him. Struggling right now.

I expected us to improve in a few areas when he arrived and so far we've not. Football is boring, no youth players have broken in, we haven't won anything and he's built no rapport with club or fans.

Oh and the lazy cunt isn't even getting dressed for games anymore.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

We needed a rebuild and it was always going to cost, Blame Neymar and the Coutinio figures.

Blame Qatar? Not sure 'blame' is the right word here.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Blame Qatar? Not sure 'blame' is the right word here.

we once upon a time got 21 mill for swp, we now write off more without a bat of the eye lid.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Pep will redeem himself in my eyes if he manages to flog Sterling to some poor sucker. Hopefully in exchange for a quality player like Sanchez.

If Arsenal continue to rip off their nose to spite their face over Sanchez I think we should go in for Mahrez.

I actually think Jonny Evans would be a decent signing, even if it's for ludicrous money like £30m. Not overly bothered about his Man U history. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic. We spend 70% of the game with the ball, and Jonny Evans is good with the ball for a defender and is also a leader, which we sorely lack when Kompany is out.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 pm

edge275 wrote:Pep will redeem himself in my eyes if he manages to flog Sterling to some poor sucker. Hopefully in exchange for a quality player like Sanchez.

If Arsenal continue to rip off their nose to spite their face over Sanchez I think we should go in for Mahrez.

I actually think Jonny Evans would be a decent signing, even if it's for ludicrous money like £30m. Not overly bothered about his Man U history. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic. We spend 70% of the game with the ball, and Jonny Evans is good with the ball for a defender and is also a leader, which we sorely lack when Kompany is out.

Sterling is your latest one then mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:Pep will redeem himself in my eyes if he manages to flog Sterling to some poor sucker. Hopefully in exchange for a quality player like Sanchez.

Sterling is your latest one then mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Him and Otamendi are on my 'tosser list'.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 pm

Sterling is class.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto