Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Tony P » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 pm

At least we're not Arsenal.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby petrov » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Tony P wrote:At least we're not Arsenal.

Even they are playing for a trophy...
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Tony P wrote:At least we're not Arsenal.

They are in the cup final mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 pm

petrov wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
petrov wrote:The first half was an absolute disaster and totally on Pep, I think thats 12 times he's put us 3 at the back this season and we've only won 1 or maybe 0. Second half was much better and its hard to blame the manager for the 2nd goal. The naivety for their first goal was absolutely shocking to have our pants pulled down like that away from home without no fullbacks in miles of the ball.

Kompany and Otamendi were at panic stations alot today and that goal screamed headless chickens. We're the only club in the league who have conceded I'd say every single time theres pinball in our box. Other teams often get a boot or head on the ball but not us, we shy away like cowards and let the ball inevitably end up in the net and everyone can feel fine about it because it was nobodies own goal.

My overall feelings on Pep are its been exciting but we've not been good enough at both ends of the field. Just about every game we don't romp away with we concede 2 goals and our attack misfires time and time again. As poor and all as Garcia was today had he stayed on and Pep pulled Jesus (who was really poor) we'd have won the game.

did you spot his goal at all?

A goal doesn't mean he didn't have a poor game. I know he's rusty but he's not above criticism. He lost the ball just about every time he got it today and his touch was heavy alot of the time. I know he has to play himself back in but I thought he was our worst attacking player.

Not surprising as hes had fuckall match practice - he was never going to set the world alight straight after 2.5 months out.
Anyway he got the equalizing goal so we have to be happy with that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Don't knwo what you mean by Pep's gang by the way. Ferran Soriano has been nothing short of excellent for us. Really improved the club from his position. Jury is still out with as his system needs certain type of defenders. It's Txiki really who should be shown the door.

Tried to buy a ticket for Spanair recently? The airbrushing of Soriano's career of enormous foul-ups is actually just nauseating. His alleged 'success' here is actually down solely to the work of Tom Glick and the only reason we employed him in the first place was to get Guardiola in 2015, which he conspicuously failed to do after the ham-fisted treatment of Mancini, largely down to him. He single-handedly caused us to fail the revised FFP criteria through sheer incompetence and cost the club 2 years of stagnation and enormous amounts of money.

A highly interesting call JC.

I certainly wouldn't relish being charged with the task of refuting your contention.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Don't knwo what you mean by Pep's gang by the way. Ferran Soriano has been nothing short of excellent for us. Really improved the club from his position. Jury is still out with as his system needs certain type of defenders. It's Txiki really who should be shown the door.

Tried to buy a ticket for Spanair recently? The airbrushing of Soriano's career of enormous foul-ups is actually just nauseating. His alleged 'success' here is actually down solely to the work of Tom Glick and the only reason we employed him in the first place was to get Guardiola in 2015, which he conspicuously failed to do after the ham-fisted treatment of Mancini, largely down to him. He single-handedly caused us to fail the revised FFP criteria through sheer incompetence and cost the club 2 years of stagnation and enormous amounts of money.

Isn't Glick mostly a marketing man?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:45 pm

I found myself comparing Pepe with both Pellegrini and Mancini and I think we've gone backwards. The jury's still out I'm afraid and certainly something is going wrong with the structure and chain of command.

Joe Hart for example. Someone should have reined in Pepe and told him to be less hasty. I also think of Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko.

Evolution has to be the name of the game rather than this constant churn of managers and players.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

BookJunior wrote:I found myself comparing Pepe with both Pellegrini and Mancini and I think we've gone backwards. The jury's still out I'm afraid and certainly something is going wrong with the structure and chain of command.

Joe Hart for example. Someone should have reined in Pepe and told him to be less hasty. I also think of Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko.

Evolution has to be the name of the game rather than this constant churn of managers and players.

We have gone backwards compared to the previous seasons. Its a worry when we have a manager who plays certain players who are fuckign shit all season long and yet he persists with them - that's not the sign of a top manager but a sign of favoritism and we can all fuckign see it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Starting to think he's a deluded, arrogant, stubborn coke head

this.

I am baffled on what the hell is happening with our club.

I did not see the game, just some quick highlights, but, on a trip where you have to win, when the rags just helped us losing two huge points at home with Swansea, you rest Sterling and Sane.

Ok, I get by that, they are tired, played a shit load of minutes in the last week, BUT YOU FUCKING PLAY WITH CLICHY AS A WINGER? CLICHY? You fucking have Nolito in our squad, but you put CLICHY AS A WINGER?

This is beyond my understanding.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

'Managing Director of City Football Marketing' does appear in his title along with 'Chief Commercial Officer of City Football Group' but he is the acknowledged business brain behind the club I'm told.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
petrov wrote:The first half was an absolute disaster and totally on Pep, I think thats 12 times he's put us 3 at the back this season and we've only won 1 or maybe 0. Second half was much better and its hard to blame the manager for the 2nd goal. The naivety for their first goal was absolutely shocking to have our pants pulled down like that away from home without no fullbacks in miles of the ball.

Kompany and Otamendi were at panic stations alot today and that goal screamed headless chickens. We're the only club in the league who have conceded I'd say every single time theres pinball in our box. Other teams often get a boot or head on the ball but not us, we shy away like cowards and let the ball inevitably end up in the net and everyone can feel fine about it because it was nobodies own goal.

My overall feelings on Pep are its been exciting but we've not been good enough at both ends of the field. Just about every game we don't romp away with we concede 2 goals and our attack misfires time and time again. As poor and all as Garcia was today had he stayed on and Pep pulled Jesus (who was really poor) we'd have won the game.

did you spot his goal at all?

He means Jesus Navas. Who would never kick a football again if I had my way.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Starting to think he's a deluded, arrogant, stubborn coke head

this.

I did not see the game, just some quick highlights, but, on a trip where you have to win, when the rags just helped us losing two huge points at home with Leicester, you rest Sterling and Sane.

Ok, I get by that, they are tired, played a shit load of minutes in the last week, BUT YOU FUCKING PLAY WITH CLICHY AS A WINGER? CLICHY? You fucking have Nolito in our squad, but you put CLICHY AS A WINGER?

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, some people don't really understand modern football.

Beefymcfc wrote:Did you enter the discussion during the game?

Anyway, he'll be sacked and you'll be happy. Enjoy it pal, you boring fuck!

Beefymcfc wrote: What an absolute cunt of a so called Blue, just waiting for the perfect time to have a go.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
BookJunior wrote:I found myself comparing Pepe with both Pellegrini and Mancini and I think we've gone backwards. The jury's still out I'm afraid and certainly something is going wrong with the structure and chain of command.

We have gone backwards compared to the previous seasons. Its a worry when we have a manager who plays certain players who are fuckign shit all season long and yet he persists with them - that's not the sign of a top manager but a sign of favoritism and we can all fuckign see it.

I can't disagree with that at all. The system needs to be designed around the players - not vice versa. Conte did that at the start of the season and thats why they'll win the league.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:

this.

I did not see the game, just some quick highlights, but, on a trip where you have to win, when the rags just helped us losing two huge points at home with Leicester, you rest Sterling and Sane.

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, some people don't really understand modern football.

Beefymcfc wrote:Did you enter the discussion during the game?

Anyway, he'll be sacked and you'll be happy. Enjoy it pal, you boring fuck!

Beefymcfc wrote: What an absolute cunt of a so called Blue, just waiting for the perfect time to have a go.

OMG, we're now crossing threads to prove your point. My posts have to be taken in context and the way you've been acting, as per today, have left be annoyed and perplexed in equal measure.

As mentioned in my last, I'll leave you to it pal. Luckily, I'm away with work for the next couple of months and will have limited access. Seems like perfect timing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:23 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

'Managing Director of City Football Marketing' does appear in his title along with 'Chief Commercial Officer of City Football Group' but he is the acknowledged business brain behind the club I'm told.

Ok.
To be fair I don't have that sort of knowledge of how the power is spread in our boardroom.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:44 pm

More and more people asking the same questions that a few have been for some time now. Best in the world my arse.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:More and more people asking the same questions that a few have been for some time now. Best in the world my arse.

I think they've been asked from the start, even when we went 10 unbeaten, we weren't convincing and once he started pissing about with 3 at the back, there was plenty of criticism.

We have had some appalling refereeing this season but when you take that way he has lost points out of stubbornness to play tactics that looked good in his head rather than the important part which is what is actually happening on the pitch.

The thing I will give him is that he hasn't had the defence required to challenge for the league but even then, he's been far worse than I thought he'd be.

Next season is where it's at, this one is now a write-off where our soul intent is to win the Wenger Trophy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Talk to Barcelona fans about Guardiola, opinion is divided. Many were glad to see the back of him, and the “Tiki Taka” brand of footballt. A lot thought it was dull as dishwater, boring,sleep inducing. Our fan base at this moment in time, is pretty much divided on it merits. Rightly so after this turgid season.

He has a very big next season coming up. As a City fan, I hope he, and his brand of football, proves to be very successful. We have trodden water long enough waiting for him to turn up. It would be nice if it was all worth the wait.

I can’t lie though; I am still to be convinced “Tiki Taka” even has a future in England. Our climate is much colder than Spain. Football in England is much more intensife. You don’t get time on the Ball, like you do in Spain. We have consistently struggled against top 6 sides over the last 3 seasons. Even mediocre teams like Leicester, have shown how easily you can beat possession based football, with simple no nonsense quick counters.

I also don’t think Guardiola, is as good as he likes to thinks he is. With Barcelona, Bayern Munich, he inherited very successful teams. Their set ups were geared for success. With us he inherited only an established top 4 team, without many household names. This season, despite our obvious squad limitations, I thought he would make the sum bigger than its parts. I was prepared for transition, I would be able to see what he was trying to achieve on the pitch. What I have actually witnessed has been quite concerning. His judgement on Hart/Bravo. The constant rotating, for rotating sake i believe over 100 times, The dropping of players in form. His inability to make the right calls for the team. Monaco away was a prime example; We went on to lose from a very good advantage.

I can’t see one area where he has improved us, that would give me reason for renewed optimism. None at all. I think he ruined our defence with the premature ditching of Joe Hart for Bravo. Midfield he got rid of Nasri, brought in a guy still recovering from 2 dislocated knees. Nolito fuck knows what the problem is Sane is not the finished article “yet”.

He will get another season, rightly so. To ditch him now would be the very definition of insanity. Still I can’t shake of this niggling feeling the Barcelona project is going to end in tears. Guardiola said on arriving in England the Premier League was not as hard as Spain. Arrogantly proclaiming English football is not all that. Later after umpteen humblings ,he had no choice but retract that statement. I am not sure he gets English football, or ever will. If we don’t buy him all the best players on the Planet, will he even succeed ?,I personally don’t think he will. I hope to God I am wrong on that one.

We started planning for Guardiola arrival 3 seasons ago. We started implementing the Spafia expansive “Tiki Taka” football in preparation for the arrival of the Bald footballing Oracle.

No coincidence in my opinion, that our shit record against Top 6 sides directly correlates with the arrival of the Spafia and “Tiki Taka” football.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:More and more people asking the same questions that a few have been for some time now. Best in the world my arse.

I think they've been asked from the start, even when we went 10 unbeaten, we weren't convincing and once he started pissing about with 3 at the back, there was plenty of criticism.

We have had some appalling refereeing this season but when you take that way he has lost points out of stubbornness to play tactics that looked good in his head rather than the important part which is what is actually happening on the pitch.

The thing I will give him is that he hasn't had the defence required to challenge for the league but even then, he's been far worse than I thought he'd be.

Next season is where it's at, this one is now a write-off where our soul intent is to win the Wenger Trophy.

What the hell?

Essentially you agreed with everything I said to begin with. What was the point of the name name calling?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Leicester won the league with huth and Morgan. Pep would have done well to play a settled back four regardless of how crap they can be. He's fucked himself and us by constant needless tinkering.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum