Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 03, 2017 6:37 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can you prove it's not a court of law, you suntanned prick?

cheers

Ha, changing your name back now, ironic dig at what's going here on the board and at club?

Welcome back BTW...

cheers...i heard from a little birdy someone here needed me. I'm sure that's fucking 100% not true, but i'm vain.

cheers again.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 03, 2017 6:39 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:This article by Marty Perarnau, which he supposedly collaborated with, is disturbing to say the least

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... rev=search

– Pep is not surprised that City’s season is ending trophyless and knew the first year would be difficult, with players adjusting to his tactics and system.

– The transition from the Pellegrini era to the Pep era was poor in terms of player acquisition, and City did not buy some of the players Guardiola wanted, including Leonardo Bonucci and Alex Sandro from Juventus.

– Pep’s feeling is that City has a squad lacking leadership, and Perarnau believes the team need more character, personality and courage to avoid situations like the collapse against Monaco in the Champions League.

– Before Pep arrived, there was a consensus that a cycle was over, one that started with Roberto Mancini and ended with Manuel Pellegrini. 14 players were over the age of 30 and many were injury prone, so City decided on a two-stage overhaul, with around six going last year, and the second stage to follow this summer.

– The injury to İlkay Gündogan had a big impact on City’s season, because Pep planned to turn the German midfielder into City’s version of Xavi at Barcelona and Thiago Alcántara at Bayern Munich.

– When Silva is injured, it always shows. Perarnau said that the feeling is when Silva is absent, the team “dies”.

– While he is adored by everyone at the club, Sergio Agüero has not become the dressing room leader City had hoped for, because of his personality type. There is a feeling that he hasn’t performed in decisive Champions League matches, such as the semi-final against Real Madrid.

– Agüero will most likely start next season as second choice to Gabriel Jesus, and will have to accept he is no longer an undisputed starter. City have not completely ruled out selling Kun, but only clubs in China could take on a contract like his.

– Manchester City are reviewing their high salaries because the current structure is making it very difficult for them to sell players. Pablo Zabaleta almost joined Roma, but the Serie A club could not match his salary and the deal collapsed. The likes of Samir Nasri, Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala and Wilfried Bony also had to be loaned out on big salaries.

– Willy Caballero could get a new contract because he responded so well when called into the side in place of the struggling Claudio Bravo.

– Nicolas Otamendi will almost certainly remain at the club next season, despite centre-back being one of City’s weaknesses this year. Guardiola has noted an improvement in Otamendi’s passing this season.

– Five or six new signings will arrive in the summer and Guardiola has learned that in the Premier League, he needs a bigger squad than he usually prefers due to the competitive nature.

– Guardiola’s priority this summer is to sign two or three full-backs and solve City’s biggest problem area.

– Guardiola has not ruled out signing a central defender or a striker (Alexis Sanchez is his preferred choice).
I thought Guardiola thought English Football was shit,overrated. Spanish football is far more superior. He quickly changed his tune

Saying that,he had no choice having spent a season struggling against Top 6, being out thought, and out fought by mediocre managers, and bang average teams.

Also Wasn't it his best mate Burgerstain that was responsible for those ridiculous contracts for Nasri,Mangala,Bony,. Wasn't it also his best mate Burgerstain that wilfully neglected to acquire the right players over the last 3 seasons in preparation for his arrival ?. Here is me thinking his appointment as DOF was supposed to be the beginning of a new business model. Home grown youth, self sufficient, organic. Apparently not.

Reading between the lines. It looks like Otamendi, Navas, Bravo, will all be staying whilst we force Kun out the Door.

Remember the bald football Oracle spent £170,000 000 to struggle,and we still might not finish Top 4 this season. And he looks likely to spend another £200,000 000 at the end of this season on the best players he can acquire for our next campaign.

When did he call English football shit and overrated? I thought he was big fan and it was always his desire to manage in Premier League which he made clear when he was still managing in Spain.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Thu May 04, 2017 2:37 am

You need to Google it apparently. It's in there somewhere filed under fake news.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 am

Yeah Discopants, just use Google to find something that doesn't exist you lazy tit. Oh and quit questioning him, this is a forum not a fucking court of law.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Yeah Discopants, just use Google to find something that doesn't exist you lazy tit. Oh and quit questioning him, this is a forum not a fucking court of law.

The way you question all and sundry anyone would have thought they were in a court of law.

Heres some food for thought................***There is enough evidence for blame and sentence , even if the CCTV coverage isn't 100%***
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:44 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image

I can do that but it does tend to make the room very wet.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Football genius my Arsenal. It just shows nobody, or he himself knows wtf is going on.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Image

I can do that but it does tend to make the room very wet.

Mmmm....it looks like a very bad case of acid indigestion to me.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Absolute fucking idiot if he signs a third rate useless ex rag . Hasn't got a clue about our club or the fans !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 pm

City64 wrote:Absolute fucking idiot if he signs a third rate useless ex rag . Hasn't got a clue about our club or the fans !!!

The spafia are clueless and so are the idiots that are supposed to keep "our traditions" probably get banned for singing by the time I can get to my first game of the season
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 pm

City64 wrote:Absolute fucking idiot if he signs a third rate useless ex rag . Hasn't got a clue about our club or the fans !!!

I think this is an extreme statement, that's what my Readers Digest article on psychology at home says anyway.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

I think this is an extreme statement, that's what my Readers Digest article on psychology at home says anyway.

Only a fucking idiot lets in a bad neighbour who is fucking gash and gives him a pot of gold .

Readers digest can fuck off !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Is that the article about Stuart ('Psycho') Pearce JC ?? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 pm

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Only a fucking idiot lets in a bad neighbour who is fucking gash and gives him a pot of gold .

I saw you as a Good Samaritan type until now :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I saw you as a Good Samaritan type until now :D

I might need the Samaritans if this ridiculous deal goes through JC :shock: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:15 am

Take Vinny out I still do not see a leader, Pep should be sorting that out, get Toby in from Spurs or VVD. I can see the same as last season if we lose VK, only it will be the rags not Chelsea.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:Take Vinny out I still do not see a leader, Pep should be sorting that out, get Toby in from Spurs or VVD. I can see the same as last season if we lose VK, only it will be the rags not Chelsea.

Im thinking Mendy could take the leader role if Vinny is out for any amount of time , this fella has a lot about him and a strong character just need him to settle in .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Watching his tactics and listening to the man justifying his methods while at the same time sniping at individual and team performances - is increasingly wearing.
Sorry, Pep is no genius - feet of clay as far I'm concerned.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 pm

He has absolutely no interest in saying anything meaningful in his post match interviews, they are a load of bollocks anyway. He treats them with blatant contempt, but there is a downside to that and it probably will work against him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum