City's position towards biased decisions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City's position towards biased decisions

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 pm

What the fuck is happening?
Why are we that quiet? Some might argue that our board is formed by outsiders, with Khaldoon, the spafia, etc. They are not part of the "system" and their they seem that our influence around the FA is zero.

Options?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: City's position towards biased decisions

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Owners have made a long term +£billion investment that exceeds football and includes community investment and regeneration.
These are very powerful people with very deep pockets and very powerful connections.
Not a chance they are going to say goodbye to that investment or that they will take what we are currently getting.
As the season has progressed the decisions against us have got worse.
To the point where the authorities don't seem to care how obvious it is.
Today being a prime example, I mean when you start disallowing good goals, you don't care who knows or you are desperate!

So why do they not care about covering it up anymore? or maybe they are desperate - locked in a battle that we do not see.

Has to be that there is a war raging in the background, Club Vs Sky money.

We will know who has won come next season (does not help us for Thursday though).
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 pm

No matter how unpalatable it might be, in the short term our players, to a man, have to accost the referee and harass him over every single 'decision', even ones that might actually be in our favour.

It might not be in our nature to do this and it might be alien to the ethos of the Club. It might make us feel almost dirty and no better than the Scum, but we are in a war against a corrupt establishment and, although we will be sinking to their level, we've got to browbeat and intimidate PIGMOB's lackeys on the pitch until the balance is restored and level playing fields prevail.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Dimples wrote:Owners have made a long term +£billion investment that exceeds football and includes community investment and regeneration.
These are very powerful people with very deep pockets and very powerful connections.
Not a chance they are going to say goodbye to that investment or that they will take what we are currently getting.
Today being a prime example, I mean when you start disallowing good goals, you don't care who knows or you are desperate!

So why do they not care about covering it up anymore? or maybe they are desperate - locked in a battle that we do not see.

We will know who has won come next season (does not help us for Thursday though).

I would love to see the stats since our last title and until today and how much it affected our league positions in these three seasons.

They really do not care, indeed and happens week in and out. Indeed, we have a lot of powerful people around us, but are they familiar with the league, with the entourage around the FA?

Many of us saw Howard Webb today on BT saying out loud in was not a goal and we did not deserve a penalty. We saw that, while even Camel took our side. Webb was part of the season many years and still is.

You really cannot look away at all those things.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:No matter how unpalatable it might be, in the short term our players, to a man, have to accost the referee and harass him over every single 'decision', even ones that might actually be in our favour.

It might not be in our nature to do this and it might be alien to the ethos of the Club. It might make us feel almost dirty and no better than the Scum, but we are in a war against a corrupt establishment and, although we will be sinking to their level, we've got to browbeat and intimidate PIGMOB's lackeys on the pitch until the balance is restored and level playing fields prevail.

I disagree.
The problem will not be sorted by accosting the ref.
The ref is dancing to his masters tune and will 'justify' even more yellow/red cards - a la Chelsea at ours.

So you go for the master. the top table as it where.
I think that fight is well under way and that is why the gloves are of, their way of nailing us is on the pitch.
A reaction to whatever we are doing to them at boardroom level.

We are talking billions of £s here, for both us and Sky. It will be vicious.
Odds are in our favor, Sky are fighting a country when all is said and done, a very wealthy country.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Dimples wrote:Owners have made a long term +£billion investment that exceeds football and includes community investment and regeneration.

I would love to see the stats since our last title and until today and how much it affected our league positions in these three seasons.

They really do not care, indeed and happens week in and out. Indeed, we have a lot of powerful people around us, but are they familiar with the league, with the entourage around the FA?

Many of us saw Howard Webb today on BT saying out loud in was not a goal and we did not deserve a penalty. We saw that, while even Camel took our side. Webb was part of the season many years and still is.

Our owners have spent too much time and money on us to let it continue.
I suspect when they finally go public on it, it's going to be in a big way, and a lot of the establishment will suffer.

BTW, HW didn't say it wasn't a goal (how could he when the replay clearly showed otherwise). He was defending the ref for not giving it.
Still we all know that a rag never changes it's spots.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Our owners have spent too much time and money on us to let it continue.
I suspect when they finally go public on it, it's going to be in a big way, and a lot of the establishment will suffer.

BTW, HW didn't say it wasn't a goal (how could he when the replay clearly showed otherwise). He was defending the ref for not giving it.
Still we all know that a rag never changes it's spots.

I doubt that the owners will go public.
That would damage the investment, a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

But it is inconceivable to me that they are not trying to sort this out.
For starters the investment in the community and the regeneration means they have access to the politicians, business leaders, etc...

Next season will tell the tale.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Whilst I admit we've been done over quite a few times this year, that call on the goal today is fucking tough to get right in real time. I don't think anyone sensible would side with us if we picked this battle.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 pm

I remember a blaze of publicity from FIFA saying the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking side.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Fuck all the talk board owners manager players are pussys always have been won't change
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Whilst I admit we've been done over quite a few times this year, that call on the goal today is fucking tough to get right in real time. I don't think anyone sensible would side with us if we picked this battle.

If there's any hint of doubt you don't make the call, we've all been told that repeatedly by former referees turned pundits - that leaves us with two possibilities - he was either sure the ball went out (and I would have to ask how he could have been, considering he was ideally placed on the byline to track it) or he knew the ball was in and made the call anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am

Dameerto wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Whilst I admit we've been done over quite a few times this year, that call on the goal today is fucking tough to get right in real time. I don't think anyone sensible would side with us if we picked this battle.

If there's any hint of doubt you don't make the call, we've all been told that repeatedly by former referees turned pundits - that leaves us with two possibilities - he was either sure the ball went out (and I would have to ask how he could have been, considering he was ideally placed on the byline to track it) or he knew the ball was in and made the call anyway.

On first viewing I genuinely thought it went out.

Obviously it didn't, but this is the wrong call to go guns blazing on in my opinion. All public sympathy would go to the Lino. That said there's plenty of others we could flash on screen if we want that battle.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Obviously it didn't, but this is the wrong call to go guns blazing on in my opinion. All public sympathy would go to the Lino. That said there's plenty of others we could flash on screen if we want that battle.

See, that's the thing, Lee. It is not just one decision in isolation, is it? The fouls on Silva, the ones on Aguero, the penalty, the throw-ins that inexplicably went the wrong way, the one on Toure just before the imaginary free-kick they scored the second goal from. Together, it is absolutely irrefutable.

And that is just one game.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 am

This isn't exactly scientific, but take a look at the two semi finals that were played this weekend.
- on Saturday in the Chelsea/Spurs game Chelsea had (according to the BBC) 37 percent possession to Spurs' 63 percent, with Chelsea making 19 fouls to Spurs' 11, a significant difference explained by possession stats (Spurs can't be fouling as much if they have the ball a lot more).
- in our semi final on Sunday the possession was 34 percent Arsenal to 66 percent City, and yet the fouls for both teams were 20 each. Are we a dirty team? Because I bet I can pull up a number of matches from this season where we've had the bulk of possession and yet given away more fouls. How many other teams are in the same situation? I would genuinely like to know, and my assumption is not many.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:46 am

City's position is do fuck all about it and hope it goes away, they need to grow some balls and challenge every blatant refereeing decision that changes a game!!
There have been that many this season that its not even being brushed under the carpet.
I've been a season ticket holder for 30+ yes and this season has me thinking is really worth getting another, I probably will but fuck me its getting to the point where I can't see any reason to watching game after game being shafted by corrupt officials
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:46 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

See, that's the thing, Lee. It is not just one decision in isolation, is it? The fouls on Silva, the ones on Aguero, the penalty, the throw-ins that inexplicably went the wrong way, the one on Toure just before the imaginary free-kick they scored the second goal from. Together, it is absolutely irrefutable.

And that is just one game.

The amount of fouls that twat got away with was disgusting. The kick on silva was bad enough. I'm not pro refs or anti agenda or anything like that. Merely saying he goal call was incredibly difficult and not the one to light up the press over in my opinion.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 am

Sorry PBL but I'm going to disagree again. Unless the cunt is sure the ball is over the line he can't be giving that.

That's the easiest part of a lino's job, is the ball fully over the line or not, if they can't even do that then they're not fit for purpose.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:52 am

He guessed that the ball was out. This is not acceptable. Decisions must be made beyond doubt. We've been hearing this for years so why now are they starting to guess whether the ball goes out or stays in when it's thirty foot above the ground? Because it goes against us is the simple answer. It has been decided that it doesn't matter who does win but that we shall not win.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 am

Just caught a clip of Pep bemoaning the linesman's position when that call was made, from the angles I've seen its not clear where he is.

Yaya was bemoaning decisions against us too, and also mentioned it's not the first time.

We were fined a couple of weeks ago for disputing a decision.

There's reportedly been meetings held with PGMOL to help understand them better.

I'm not sure what else we can do.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

Dameerto wrote:This isn't exactly scientific, but take a look at the two semi finals that were played this weekend.
- on Saturday in the Chelsea/Spurs game Chelsea had (according to the BBC) 37 percent possession to Spurs' 63 percent, with Chelsea making 19 fouls to Spurs' 11, a significant difference explained by possession stats (Spurs can't be fouling as much if they have the ball a lot more).
- in our semi final on Sunday the possession was 34 percent Arsenal to 66 percent City, and yet the fouls for both teams were 20 each. Are we a dirty team? Because I bet I can pull up a number of matches from this season where we've had the bulk of possession and yet given away more fouls. How many other teams are in the same situation? I would genuinely like to know, and my assumption is not many.

I've raised this a few times before, as it's a statistic that has been repeated over several years now and baffles me as I can't find any other team who enjoys so much possession yet somehow seems to always make more fouls than the opposition.

It's a big fucking red flag for me
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum