City's position towards biased decisions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City's position towards biased decisions

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Mase wrote:The main thing for me, and it should worry the club massively, is the season ticket holders that are sick of the past few years treatment by the FA and referees and decide to call it a day.

I was on the fence at the start of the season, I hoped a good campaign would convince me to keep the season ticket. But after 19 years straight of having it I'll be giving it up at the end of the season.

There's a few reasons why - I don't fancy watching teams like Sunderland come to COMS and whack 12 men behind the ball every other week - it just gets boring and predictable. Another reason is the club used to pride itself on the fans. The little touches they'd do that set us apart from other clubs and kept the 30-Odd thousand going during the division 2 days. Now I can't even stay inside the stadium for 2 minutes after the match before I'm asked to leave by a gang of stewards because they "want to get home".

But the main and most important reason for me not renewing next season is the fact we're getting absolutely cheated week in week out, and the club aren't doing enough about it. I say 'aren't doing enough' because I know someone will chirp up with (and quite rightly so) "how do you know the club aren't doing anything?". They're simply not doing enough! For Sagna to have to delete his wording on Instagram (but then still get fined - he might as well have kept it on there), for Pep to start off the season questioning the decisions by referees only to now say "I don't want to talk about the referee" when questioned, someone from the club must have told him not to say anything. And it absolutely stinks.

5 years this has been going on. Very slowly to start with, but 5 years they've been doing this. To the point now where they're not even hiding it.

I've supported City through thick and thin. Some of those 'dark days' were my most enjoyable following City - because I only knew the dark days at that time. I bleed blue. But for it to get to the point where I've been chipped away at for 5 years and now don't want to renew because I don't want to see us be cheated every week, it says a lot.

As people have already mentioned - there's literally nothing we, as fans, can do. Even when it's obvious decisions that go against us they're being papered over by incompetent 'pundits' or ex-referees in the media. It's wrong.

I can see a hell of a lot of people not putting up with it anymore and calling it a day. I'm not talking about calling it a day with City. I'll support the boys in blue until death. But going every home match is starting to feel like going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, him knocking you out clean, but the ref still letting him batter you whilst you're on the deck.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see season ticket sales dropping and it's 100% down to the club not coming out publicly enough and doing something about the blatant cheating and corruption.

Welcome back ! Loads and loads of fans feel the same , my 21 year old lad who goes to the games with me is at rock bottom with it all and his emotions and frustrations all over the place seeing this blatant corruption in his early adult years .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Great post mate.

Agreed.

I felt sick to the stomach at wembley on Sunday. I cannot imagine how that feels for a ST holder going through that week after week. I felt truly helpless and sick. Can't blame you mase.

When I think back to this time last year and the excitement I had knowing Pep was coming in and how he'd change the club it's like black and white compared to how I feel now - mainly because of the cheating. When we were crap and in Division 2 it was our own fault and we could do something about it. Now I literally can't see us changing anything because it's out of our hands.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Mase wrote:The main thing for me, and it should worry the club massively, is the season ticket holders that are sick of the past few years treatment by the FA and referees and decide to call it a day.

I was on the fence at the start of the season, I hoped a good campaign would convince me to keep the season ticket. But after 19 years straight of having it I'll be giving it up at the end of the season.

There's a few reasons why - I don't fancy watching teams like Sunderland come to COMS and whack 12 men behind the ball every other week - it just gets boring and predictable. Another reason is the club used to pride itself on the fans. The little touches they'd do that set us apart from other clubs and kept the 30-Odd thousand going during the division 2 days. Now I can't even stay inside the stadium for 2 minutes after the match before I'm asked to leave by a gang of stewards because they "want to get home".

But the main and most important reason for me not renewing next season is the fact we're getting absolutely cheated week in week out, and the club aren't doing enough about it. I say 'aren't doing enough' because I know someone will chirp up with (and quite rightly so) "how do you know the club aren't doing anything?". They're simply not doing enough! For Sagna to have to delete his wording on Instagram (but then still get fined - he might as well have kept it on there), for Pep to start off the season questioning the decisions by referees only to now say "I don't want to talk about the referee" when questioned, someone from the club must have told him not to say anything. And it absolutely stinks.

5 years this has been going on. Very slowly to start with, but 5 years they've been doing this. To the point now where they're not even hiding it.

I've supported City through thick and thin. Some of those 'dark days' were my most enjoyable following City - because I only knew the dark days at that time. I bleed blue. But for it to get to the point where I've been chipped away at for 5 years and now don't want to renew because I don't want to see us be cheated every week, it says a lot.

As people have already mentioned - there's literally nothing we, as fans, can do. Even when it's obvious decisions that go against us they're being papered over by incompetent 'pundits' or ex-referees in the media. It's wrong.

I can see a hell of a lot of people not putting up with it anymore and calling it a day. I'm not talking about calling it a day with City. I'll support the boys in blue until death. But going every home match is starting to feel like going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, him knocking you out clean, but the ref still letting him batter you whilst you're on the deck.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see season ticket sales dropping and it's 100% down to the club not coming out publicly enough and doing something about the blatant cheating and corruption.

If we walk away then they win - exactly what they want.

Pep and the players have been told to stay quiet.
We know what they think, Pep has mentioned it numerous times, YaYa has had a few words and Sanga's tweet.

I am giving it some more time before I walk away. Reasons include:
We play some fantastic football, we have young exiting players who are going to get better, we are capable of winning pots and then there is the academy.
And why let them win?

I am hoping and I believe that the decisions against us have multiplied because there is a war going on in the background.
The likes of Sunday's match (and the Rags favorable decisions) is a suicide mission by Sky/FA, et al.
It undermines the 'product' to the average fan. It is not logical to tarnish your 'product' in such a public and unsophisticated way.
They are self harming, not everybody supports the Rags & Co. They need the other subscriptions as well.

The only sense I make of it is that they are in a war with the owners and that we are landing some heavy punches.

Thursday will be interesting. Do they dare follow-up on Sunday with another show in favor of the Rags?
Here is my prediction - Thursday's match will be reffed fairly - Sky/FA cannot afford another hit to their credibility. To costly for them.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 pm

@Dimples

"If we walk away then they've won" - mate, you wouldn't watch your child get bullied in the playground over and over and over, and the teacher just stood there doing nothing.

To just keep going we're actually doing nothing and letting them win.

As they know no matter what they do to us we'll still turn up and take it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

The cheating cunts will keep helping the cunts cheat, shit will continue to flow done hill and lay at our feet while all the other fuck wits in the midle will do and say nothing because they are simply happy it's against us and not them so no need to Rick the boat. Time to really start bagging up all the crap and chucking straight back at them imo. Make it very clear during every game, on every media outlet untill it stops being one or two paranoid fans and becomes a clear agenda.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Dimples wrote:

If we walk away then they win - exactly what they want.

Pep and the players have been told to stay quiet.
We know what they think, Pep has mentioned it numerous times, YaYa has had a few words and Sanga's tweet.

I am giving it some more time before I walk away. Reasons include:
We play some fantastic football, we have young exiting players who are going to get better, we are capable of winning pots and then there is the academy.
And why let them win?

I am hoping and I believe that the decisions against us have multiplied because there is a war going on in the background.
The likes of Sunday's match (and the Rags favorable decisions) is a suicide mission by Sky/FA, et al.
It undermines the 'product' to the average fan. It is not logical to tarnish your 'product' in such a public and unsophisticated way.
They are self harming, not everybody supports the Rags & Co. They need the other subscriptions as well.

The only sense I make of it is that they are in a war with the owners and that we are landing some heavy punches.

Thursday will be interesting. Do they dare follow-up on Sunday with another show in favor of the Rags?
Here is my prediction - Thursday's match will be reffed fairly - Sky/FA cannot afford another hit to their credibility. To costly for them.

I agree with a lot of what you say Dimples and have thought or maybe hoped that we are fighting in the background at a high level.
But I don't expect anything out of Thursday. Like Mase and many others have said, they are unabashedly screwing is over in the big games and I've predicted for weeks that if it came down to this, we will be screwed over in the derby.

I hope I'm wrong and we can raise our game once again. Has to be hard when it's obvious that everyone in the club including the players, know they are being screwed and can do nothing about it......currently.

I'm not going to bother my arse trying to get tickets for Wembley again.
I beginning to think I'm a jinx.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:45 pm

One could argue that part of "the agenda" is to get our fans to stop supporting the club and create a sense of paranoia that leads us to be too disillusioned to keep season cards, or attend games, which also could scare off players and managers from wanting to work for the club.

I think the club is VERY limited in what they can say or do, publicly. Perhaps behind the scenes there is more going on than we know, but I don't know how much they can really do.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sidSmith » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 am

Overheard a couple of arsenal fans yesterday. They said they were happy with the win, etc, and one of them said "but City were properly fucked over again", and they had a chuckle.

It's a bit fucking much when the opposing fans can see what's going on and are talking about it.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 am

Even the timing of this rearranged match at the behest of Sky suggested fiddle. You absolutely knew that the shite would be in with a chance of top four by the time it came around.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby lonestay » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 am

The sky/BT/pgmol/prem/fa tie up have got a problem Thursday , all season they have been trying to engineer the scum into fourth place and they are finally in a position to be able to leap frog us, but I really don't think they wanted it to happen in the derby they wanted it done before then . After Sundays ref display, if they blatently influence decisions Thursday then the cat is out the bag , sure Sky are rubbing their hands and red Tyler and ratboy will be rubbing something else but as a collective Thursday is not the game to be seen as anything but fair. The collectives influence is at it's most effective when it is used in small well spread out doses not a big overdose in a televised game, Sundays ref has done the collective no favours as they now have to either blatently influence it, or let the chance possibly of fourth for the rags to slide on Thursday .
lonestay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 am

lonestay wrote:The sky/BT/pgmol/prem/fa tie up have got a problem Thursday , all season they have been trying to engineer the scum into fourth place and they are finally in a position to be able to leap frog us, but I really don't think they wanted it to happen in the derby they wanted it done before then . After Sundays ref display, if they blatently influence decisions Thursday then the cat is out the bag , sure Sky are rubbing their hands and red Tyler and ratboy will be rubbing something else but as a collective Thursday is not the game to be seen as anything but fair. The collectives influence is at it's most effective when it is used in small well spread out doses not a big overdose in a televised game, Sundays ref has done the collective no favours as they now have to either blatently influence it, or let the chance possibly of fourth for the rags to slide on Thursday .

Re Sunday: Do not underestimate the power of Emirates sponsoring the FA Cup and sponsoring Arsenal. It's huge.
In cricket the ECB entered a 3-year-deal with Etihad in 2014. The Emirates Old Trafford and The Emirates County Ground in Durham were given ODIs not test matches or a very unglamorous test.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 am

City64 wrote:

Welcome back ! Loads and loads of fans feel the same , my 21 year old lad who goes to the games with me is at rock bottom with it all and his emotions and frustrations all over the place seeing this blatant corruption in his early adult years .

I'd agree, although I'm still overseas if I came back I wouldn't even bother asking for my SC back from the guy whose been using it for the last 4/5 years, besides I think the whole lot of my mates are going to knock it on the head at the end of the season.

I'd already grown disillusioned by the time I moved away - granted my last full season was when we won the title for the first time, but for the most part I found the football more of a chess match interspersed with a scattering of ridiculous decisions that were becoming the biggest influencers of results (my last season I think included the Liverpool semi finals and the Arsenal FA cup game). If winning is what counts, then great - i'd much prefer to watch that in the comfort of my own home or a pub with a decent beer and good conversation with mates that be fucked up the arse for 500 quid a year by the referees
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 am

With Pawson's efforts and now without a couple of our influential players, they've already given us our handicap so won't need much more to help the Rags.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 am

Having to take a step back after Sunday. I could have happily ranted like a loon, nowt new there then.
Sunday the Ref influenced another game no other way to look at it. I am at breaking point with shit decisions.
What I have clocked and Sunday was a perfect day for it, Xaka or whatever the fuck his name is. Was given a free pass to do whatever he wanted. He could have gone for 1 tackle alone on Silva the same type of tackle Ramos did on Messi, who saw him coming. Silva was taken from behind ankle and calf high. No card, from that point on he and the ref worked a number on us. He then completed 8 more fouls in the 1st half alone. What the clever fucker Pawson did was book Monreal for nothing by the touch line. A gesture of there you go Fernandinio you moaning so and so I booked someone. This type of manipulation of the games by refs this season, added to the wrong decisions in almost all of our games like the no pen it's crossed the line I am not sending of Luiz, shriek can kick anyone in the Derby and nowt done, are a pattern no fucker can deny, but that's the point the media blank it the pundits think it's cool to not mention it, Ian Wright has in the past called it, but not now he is back mainstream and he has his to place back. What I do not get is the club not calling out disgrace. 100k fine chicken feed, Graham Poll called it the game was to big for Pawson, no Zgraham it was perfect for him a patsy along with linos who would have done anything they were told as it was there cup final. The game is bent Sunday was just another example.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:38 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:

I'd agree, although I'm still overseas if I came back I wouldn't even bother asking for my SC back from the guy whose been using it for the last 4/5 years, besides I think the whole lot of my mates are going to knock it on the head at the end of the season.

I'd already grown disillusioned by the time I moved away - granted my last full season was when we won the title for the first time, but for the most part I found the football more of a chess match interspersed with a scattering of ridiculous decisions that were becoming the biggest influencers of results (my last season I think included the Liverpool semi finals and the Arsenal FA cup game). If winning is what counts, then great - i'd much prefer to watch that in the comfort of my own home or a pub with a decent beer and good conversation with mates that be fucked up the arse for 500 quid a year by the referees

It is awfull seeing your son so disillusioned with what is going on , he will have to pay full whack for his ST next season that's £700 plus to put himself through the same shit . A bit different for us older hardened minded types but the question does beckon why should we put ourselves through this at great expense every week .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:55 am

And that's it. If we saw the club doing enough to stop the blatant bias and corruption I'd still stick it out. But whatever they're doing, it's just not enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am

maybe city should do a compilation video of all the piss poor decisions over the the season stick it on the website for all and sundry to see
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 am

dick dastardley wrote:maybe city should do a compilation video of all the piss poor decisions over the the season stick it on the website for all and sundry to see

Well this is absolutely something that needs to be done. Not on our website, but the club could certainly get something really professional done and released through other outlets.

I wouldn't ever want a helping hand from officials. Fuck that. But if most of the teams we play get a helping hand, then it needs tackling.

And I can't think of any other way of tackling it than just throwing the hard evidence out there for all to see. I'd also have no problem if the times we were helped out were in there too.

Because there's fuck all of them.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:maybe city should do a compilation video of all the piss poor decisions over the the season stick it on the website for all and sundry to see

Well this is absolutely something that needs to be done. Not on our website, but the club could certainly get something really professional done and released through other outlets.

I wouldn't ever want a helping hand from officials. Fuck that. But if most of the teams we play get a helping hand, then it needs tackling.

And I can't think of any other way of tackling it than just throwing the hard evidence out there for all to see. I'd also have no problem if the times we were helped out were in there too.

Because there's fuck all of them.

i made a half joke a while back, that we need to bribe the officials just to get a level playing field, paying the crooked cunts to do what they should be doing every time they referee us.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:44 pm

I see Henry has been down at City today pampered to fuck. We're a joke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum