Meanwhile at the Red Cafe

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Meanwhile at the Red Cafe

Postby Wooders » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm

fine - ban us from the champions "its a fraud anyway" league and release us ftom the ffp shackles
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Wooders wrote:fine - ban us from the champions "its a fraud anyway" league and release us ftom the ffp shackles

We've passed that test, the reason we can't get any further is the excess money we could make against the other PL clubs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

This is why I am not arsed about a Top 4 finish, fuck the Champions League, fuck the corrupt UEFA private members Club.

Not sure if it’s an age thing or what, but I find myself longing for the days when we were shit. Hear me out before you think I am losing the plot. Firstly let me make this perfectly straight, Mancini gave me my greatest “EVER” memory ever as a City fan, God knows I deserved it. I have a framed picture hanging in my living room, that day was very special. I have been following City since I used to sit on the Kippax wall with my feet through the railings as a kid. I still fondly remember all the blokes passing kids down to the front to sit on the Wall, best seat in the House..

Umpteen relegations, promotions, Swales, Paul Lakes Knee, beating the scum 5-1, seeing a young Paul Ince shell shocked face. Bradford City away clinching promotion. Yes its been a bit of a Roller Coaster ride, but I have loved every minute of it, Wearing a City shirt meant you had to have a thick skin, be able to handle yourself. You knew all the faces on the terrace literally, our fan Base was made up of working class Mancs,Posties,Bus Drivers,Hospital workers etc. You saw those faces every week come rain or shine complete with their gallows Humour.

Don’t get me wrong i will always be grateful to our owners, without them there would have been no success. Under Mancini, we had our own identity. Our side played it own style of football, we were City. We should have continued our journey down this road. Instead we started focusing on the future. We decided we wanted to be like Barcelona instead of City. We brought in a Spanish hierarchy, then ultimately a Spanish manager, who I don’t even think likes us that much if I am honest. I have watched our identity disappear in the process, with it many of our hard core working class fan base who can’t afford the extortionate price of a family day out watching a City game.

Our success has come at a heavy price in my opinion, or maybe I am just showing my age getting nostalgic for the past. This is why I love players like VK, and Zaballeta they get us, they bleed blue. They too must get depressed playing with wage thieves that don’t really give a fuck about the Club. I saw a look Zabba gave Guardiola on Sunday,for me it spoke a thousand words.Zabba was hurt like us.Not sure the Spafia,Guardiola and a few of the others players really give a shit tbh. I think I am falling out of love with football.

A Derby win tomorrow, if not I might top myself. :D :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Wow. Utter b.s. but what else is new.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 am

Zabba, I'm 100% with you on this CL thing. However, our owner, manager and players are here because of CL.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Zabba, I'm 100% with you on this CL thing. However, our owner, manager and players are here because of CL.

I don't know if other people feel the way I do about CL, but when we were shit I could never raise any interest at all in it. Being primarily a City fan, not a football fan, I imagined that it was because we weren't in it.
Now we're amongst the top dogs, and playing CL every year, I still can't raise any enthusiasm, apart from the fact City are playing a football match.
TBH I'm surprised I feel this way as I was really excited about qualifying, and would go as far as to say that when we lost out to spuds at home, it was one of the most depressing games I've ever been to, and likewise, when we beat them the following year to qualify, it was one of the best.
But when we started playing CL, it just left me flat.
And it's not just the dodgy UEFA stuff that makes me feel like this, it's just the whole bandwagon.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Unlike you Patrick, it is the knowledge that it is all corrupt from top to bottom that makes me want to see City win.
I can't wait for the final whistle to see a City captain lift the CL, turn and scream at all the bent bastards, "You did your level best to stop us,
The bent draws,
The FFP,T
he changes to the coefficients,
The dodgy sendings off,
The stopping innocent City fans attending the game in Russia,
The BBC making City play late on Sunday at Chelsea before travelling to play in Europe on Tuesday.
Fining us more for being a minute late than they fined our opponents for racially abusing our black players.

I want my payback, revenge, I want to take that trophy and shove it right up David the bastard Gill's arse. I want our open top bus to go past the swamp just to the corrupt rag bastards that whatever they did, whatever they do in the future, they fucked up and we overcame it.

I really want to win the CL, even if it means that we fucking crush the trophy in a scrap yard and send the bits in an A4 envelope to the swamp to show the cunts what we think of it and them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 pm

john68 wrote:Unlike you Patrick, it is the knowledge that it is all corrupt from top to bottom that makes me want to see City win.
I can't wait for the final whistle to see a City captain lift the CL, turn and scream at all the bent bastards, "You did your level best to stop us,
The bent draws,
The FFP,
The changes to the coefficients,
The dodgy sendings off,
The stopping innocent City fans attending the game in Russia,
The BBC making City play late on Sunday at Chelsea before travelling to play in Europe on Tuesday.
Fining us more for being a minute late than they fined our opponents for racially abusing our black players.

I want my payback, revenge, I want to take that trophy and shove it right up David the bastard Gill's arse. I want our open top bus to go past the swamp just to show the corrupt rag bastards that whatever they did, whatever they do in the future, they fucked up and we overcame it.

I really want to win the CL, even if it means that we fucking crush the trophy in a scrap yard and send the bits in an A4 envelope to the swamp to show the cunts what we think of it and them.

Yes, I think that sums up my thoughts quite nicely as well.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:42 pm

PrezIke wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Wow. Utter b.s. but what else is new.

They must see it as a sort of parachute payment in coefficient points to compensate select clubs for their former superior status despite their current pitiful results.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum