Second leg of the youth cup final tonight ITV4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Second leg of the youth cup final tonight ITV4

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Well done Chelsea and well done the lads. Chelsea had the better tactics and had better organisation. We were very much second best and i put that mainly to the different tactics, so it was a management issue rather than personal ability. Although, a striker can't be given that much space, as per the first few goals.

Hopefully a lot of these players will go far, it'll be how they act and react which will define them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm

I think most will end up flipping burgers at mcdonalds
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Well that was a bit shit. :( :(

Chelsea team look like grown men, we looked like a side made up of 13,14, year olds.

This “Tiki Taka” we are trying to indoctrinate right through the Club is still not convincing me.

I liked it more when we could defend.

Fucking Spuds winning as well............... :x :x :x
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:maybe an off night but i'm pretty sure we've not seen any future city stars in action tonight

There's no doubt there is talent there, but there's also no doubt that over the two legs they've been badly shown up.

We seem to breed s certain naivety that I would hope to see gone by the time they are playing U18's and EDS.

I've been impressed by Muric and had high hopes for him but the two late goals I saw tonight he was very poor on.

Quite disappointing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:maybe an off night but i'm pretty sure we've not seen any future city stars in action tonight

There's no doubt there is talent there, but there's also no doubt that over the two legs they've been badly shown up.

We seem to breed s certain naivety that I would hope to see gone by the time they are playing U18's and EDS.

I've been impressed by Muric and had high hopes for him but the two late goals I saw tonight he was very poor on.

Quite disappointing.

Very! It's as if we've coached the defensive system out of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much impressed that we have the name that is Pep Guardiola bit if i had to take a manager that did it the English way, I'd take Mancini over the 'reputation' anytime at the moment.

Is that why Conte is doing so well, albeit that he had a League winning side already at his disposal?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am

It was obviously disappointing but to be fair to Chelsea they were a class above. Even though we were not at out best Chelsea were just about better in every paty of the game and their physicality really showed through.

It was so noticeable to me that every physical challenge we tried to put in was deemed a foul but when it was them we just lost the ball without it being deemed a foul. That's not a moan at the ref but recongnition that they could win balls back by easing us off the ball with little effort. When we did it it looked like a foul with the effort that went in.

Add to that they had 2 or 3 players out there who just turned on the burners and left their marker for dead. We looked to do the same thing and just ran into another player and then another. The Chelsea defensive shape and organisation was superb.

Did we set out with the wrong team and gameplan? Maybe but is it right to accept you are the weaker side and suddenly change tactics to go out more defensively and try to hit Chelsea on the break rather than hope to have more control in the game. We needed Foden,Sancho and Diaz to have much more impact on the game and it just didn't happen. Every time one of them got the ball they were immediately crowded out and if the went on a run at all were just showed into a cul de sac.

Personally I would have played Bolton from the start and left Sancho on the bench and there was definitley a case for Tom Dele-Bashiru to start but I doubt it would have made any difference to the result.

Chelsea are the best team around without any doubt and we are second.Three times we have played them this year with a win each and a draw. It's a shame it finished 5.1 last night but that doesn't mean we are not a top side with top players. We need now to win some more games and finish on a high.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum