is the derby dead?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: is the derby dead?!

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Atmosphere sounded great and the players probed and probed the whole match.

Very unlucky not to win by a margin.

Unlucky not to win? Perhaps.
Unlucky not to win by a margin? What!?!

We hardly created any clear chances apart from shots from outside of the box (and most of them hit row Z). I thought we played OK, but not good. The application was there, but our passing - especially in the first half - was unbelievably sloppy. Sterling and Sane were ineffectual and KdB couldn't produce his usual magic moment.

2-0 might have been the absolute best we could hope for!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Re: is the derby dead?!

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 am

mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Atmosphere sounded great and the players probed and probed the whole match.

Very unlucky not to win by a margin.

Unlucky not to win? Perhaps.
Unlucky not to win by a margin? What!?!

We hardly created any clear chances apart from shots from outside of the box (and most of them hit row Z). I thought we played OK, but not good. The application was there, but our passing - especially in the first half - was unbelievably sloppy. Sterling and Sane were ineffectual and KdB couldn't produce his usual magic moment.

Well I was thinking by two goals.

And the chances I was thinking of was the two aguero chances from 3 or 4 foot away. The one that hit the post early on and the volley towards the end that he didn't quite connect properly with.
Both easy fibishes for him on another day.

I also thought there was a huge gap in terms of possession amd intent to win.

And I think they offered little or nothing...
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum