FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Have we had Taylor since the Chelsea game, when he pissed all over us !

Yes, we had him for a cup game (Huddersfield I think).

We did spot on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BookJunior » Fri May 12, 2017 3:34 pm

mr_nool wrote:I have a tremendous respect for John68 – a very wise chap that I have had the pleasure to meet a few times. I also do believe that football is rotten to the core. It's a multi-billion pund industry that is still largely ran on volunteer basis by happy-go-lucky amateurs and its governing bodies hide and aid corruption rather then fight it.

That said, I don't think there is a anti-City agenda per se, but rather a pro certain team bias. I also understand Nigels Tackle's stance. That blog might be right about some things, but if you swing at everything, you're bound to hit something every now and then. The writer certainly does come across as a conspiracy theory nutter who signs up to any whacky theory he comes across.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all as a scientist. I like cold hard facts.

Answer me this Mr Nool: Why is it that Man City in spite of being EPL Champions on 2 occasions since 2012 occasions have never been put into pot 1 when Leicester go straight in after 1.

Also, why have Arsenal in the same period appeared in pot 1?

Redeem yourself Sir!
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby mr_nool » Fri May 12, 2017 3:49 pm

BookJunior wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I have a tremendous respect for John68 – a very wise chap that I have had the pleasure to meet a few times. I also do believe that football is rotten to the core. It's a multi-billion pund industry that is still largely ran on volunteer basis by happy-go-lucky amateurs and its governing bodies hide and aid corruption rather then fight it.

That said, I don't think there is a anti-City agenda per se, but rather a pro certain team bias. I also understand Nigels Tackle's stance. That blog might be right about some things, but if you swing at everything, you're bound to hit something every now and then. The writer certainly does come across as a conspiracy theory nutter who signs up to any whacky theory he comes across.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all as a scientist. I like cold hard facts.

Answer me this Mr Nool: Why is it that Man City in spite of being EPL Champions on 2 occasions since 2012 occasions have never been put into pot 1 when Leicester go straight in after 1.

Also, why have Arsenal in the same period appeared in pot 1?

Redeem yourself Sir!

1. The rules were changed after our latest title winning season and Leicester's. The rules were changed for everyone and had we won the PL title last season rather than Leicester, we would also have been in pot 1. UEFA might be mighty powerful, but I don't think they have the ability to predict the future.

2. Arsenal qualified for pot 1 under the old rules. This season, after the rule change, they were no longer in pot 1.

It's clear as daylight that UEFA favour the old guard. The latest rule changes (not the one mentioned above) is a bloody travesty. However, they are not targeting City specifically, but anyone not being part of the establishment.

I certainly don't see any need to redeem myself. And you might want to check the facts you rely on as scientist a little more thoroughly.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BookJunior » Sat May 13, 2017 9:30 am

It doesn't matter whether it's protecting the "elite" or anti-City. The effect is the same and UEFA have "FFP", a screwy seeding system and a willingness to change the rules to maintain their objectives.

Thats a fact.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 13, 2017 10:16 am

BookJunior wrote:It doesn't matter whether it's protecting the "elite" or anti-City. The effect is the same and UEFA have "FFP", a screwy seeding system and a willingness to change the rules to maintain their objectives.

Thats a fact.

And that's basically exactly what I said, except that the FFP didn't come up. The FFP, by the way, was designed purposely to stop us a d PSG. I do think the objective was to help the old boys though – if Everton or Villa or West Ham were in our position instead of us, the same bogus rules would have been enforced.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 11:11 am

mr_nool wrote:
BookJunior wrote:It doesn't matter whether it's protecting the "elite" or anti-City. The effect is the same and UEFA have "FFP", a screwy seeding system and a willingness to change the rules to maintain their objectives.

Thats a fact.

And that's basically exactly what I said, except that the FFP didn't come up. The FFP, by the way, was designed purposely to stop us a d PSG. I do think the objective was to help the old boys though – if Everton or Villa or West Ham were in our position instead of us, the same bogus rules would have been enforced.

I wonder if Spurs qualify as being one of the "old boys" or, if their current resurgence would mark them down as being 'upstarts', to be treated in the same despicable way that we've been treated ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum