FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri May 05, 2017 6:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:At this stage I'm not sure who's being serious and who isn't.
However the extract that Nigel took from the blog is definitely there and is weird.
Have to admit I flew through a lot of that to get down to the specific references to football.

Just to balance things a bit though I'll add this, which does explain the modus operandi of the hackers or whackers as he describes them.
He doesn't deny that this is a work of fiction and I'm sure I read in a previous blog that they are writing this way in consultation with their legal advice, before publishing this book themselves.

Anyway here's more snippets by way of explanation, make of it what you will;

Whistleblowing is a risk business. The targeting of other people’s inappropriate powers engenders psychopathic response. There is no support matrix for whistleblowers, the law has to be broken.
Ojo del Toro tweet on Sep 29th 2016: “Blaming entrapment, whistleblowers and hackers for revealing truth about corruption is crazy. Failure lies with institutions and government.”
Metamorphosis is the aim but mutually assured destruction the outcome – the death of football, the death of Ojo del Toro, the death of capitalism, the death of the social, the death of the planet.
The Infamous Wu Shu Hackers are a dynamic, moving target. We are opaque and elastic and geographically spread. The nodes are secure. We have moved the agenda along ahead of the curve for nearly a quarter of a century. The mainstream media doesn’t function. We by-pass this media to become the media. We are anarchists. We have spent our adult lives demolishing capitalism and the liberal state via direct action, sousveillance and hacking, whistleblowing, spying on the spies, setting hoax traps, constantly reconfiguring our security and our advantages. We are latter day Edelweiss Pirates. We give you our art and our graffiti. We offer you dietrologia – the science of what is behind something and we give you ‘pataphysics – the science of that which is superinduced upon metaphysics, examining the laws governing exceptions and universes parallel to this one. The science of imaginary solutions.

And;

Being entirely dominated by our future security led to the decision to make this book a hybrid coded fiction based on fact. We have been made to understand our boundaries by the deepest of state operators (although we were aware pre-enforcement!). This book will not blame the player but it does hate what the game has become. It is a prelude to the football of the future and a coda to the football of the past and present.

And;

We reveal much in the book but some content is redacted and many individuals are coded. Names, characters, businesses, states, places, events and incidents are either the product of a diseased imagination or used in a fictitious manner only linked to the truth via multiversal wormholes. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead or anywhere in between, or actual events is purely coincidental, a fluke, a freak entanglement.

The Infamous Wu Shu Hackers have the biggest sports story of all time. Read on........(His/Their claim.)

are these excerpts from the man/blog? This way of saying simple things in a complicated manner is always a red flag. Usually that means the author's very little of value to say. IMO.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:At this stage I'm not sure who's being serious and who isn't.
However the extract that Nigel took from the blog is definitely there and is weird.
Have to admit I flew through a lot of that to get down to the specific references to football.

Just to balance things a bit though I'll add this, which does explain the modus operandi of the hackers or whackers as he describes them.
He doesn't deny that this is a work of fiction and I'm sure I read in a previous blog that they are writing this way in consultation with their legal advice, before publishing this book themselves.

Anyway here's more snippets by way of explanation, make of it what you will;

Whistleblowing is a risk business. The targeting of other people’s inappropriate powers engenders psychopathic response. There is no support matrix for whistleblowers, the law has to be broken.
Ojo del Toro tweet on Sep 29th 2016: “Blaming entrapment, whistleblowers and hackers for revealing truth about corruption is crazy. Failure lies with institutions and government.”
Metamorphosis is the aim but mutually assured destruction the outcome – the death of football, the death of Ojo del Toro, the death of capitalism, the death of the social, the death of the planet.
The Infamous Wu Shu Hackers are a dynamic, moving target. We are opaque and elastic and geographically spread. The nodes are secure. We have moved the agenda along ahead of the curve for nearly a quarter of a century. The mainstream media doesn’t function. We by-pass this media to become the media. We are anarchists. We have spent our adult lives demolishing capitalism and the liberal state via direct action, sousveillance and hacking, whistleblowing, spying on the spies, setting hoax traps, constantly reconfiguring our security and our advantages. We are latter day Edelweiss Pirates. We give you our art and our graffiti. We offer you dietrologia – the science of what is behind something and we give you ‘pataphysics – the science of that which is superinduced upon metaphysics, examining the laws governing exceptions and universes parallel to this one. The science of imaginary solutions.

And;

Being entirely dominated by our future security led to the decision to make this book a hybrid coded fiction based on fact. We have been made to understand our boundaries by the deepest of state operators (although we were aware pre-enforcement!). This book will not blame the player but it does hate what the game has become. It is a prelude to the football of the future and a coda to the football of the past and present.

And;

We reveal much in the book but some content is redacted and many individuals are coded. Names, characters, businesses, states, places, events and incidents are either the product of a diseased imagination or used in a fictitious manner only linked to the truth via multiversal wormholes. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead or anywhere in between, or actual events is purely coincidental, a fluke, a freak entanglement.

The Infamous Wu Shu Hackers have the biggest sports story of all time. Read on........(His/Their claim.)

are these excerpts from the man/blog? This way of saying simple things in a complicated manner is always a red flag. Usually that means the author's very little of value to say. IMO.

That's from the blog I read.
The whole thing is very convoluted.

Like I said earlier, I skipped down to the bits about football as a lot of it was very weird.

Interesting all the same. Will there be anything resembling evidence or is this guy/guys simply self publicising.
Maybe covering his tracks as an earlier post suggested.

As John68 said:
Simply putting it up there for debate.

There are some philosophical quotes that are interesting, but I don't know who those people are or whether they are fictional characters from the upcoming book.

Like I said, you'd be wise to question everything nowadays. ........
Probably never was any different, come to think of it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby BookJunior » Sat May 06, 2017 12:09 am

More evidence of FA bias towards the rags -

England are resigned to being without Marcus Rashford for the European Under-21 Championship this summer after indications from the Football Association that they will give the Manchester United striker the final say on whether he takes part.

The FA does not think that Rashford will go against the wishes of José Mourinho, who has made it clear that he wants the 19-year-old forward to rest rather than join Aidy Boothroyd’s squad in Poland, and expect the United manager to get his way.

Rashford would be happy to take part and gain a greater experience of tournament football if the FA was able to reach an agreement with United, but there is an acknowledgement at Wembley that it is unfair to expect him to agitate against his club manager.

Boothroyd is planning to meet Mourinho, along with Gareth Southgate, the England manager, in the next few weeks to resolve an issue that has been rumbling on for months. The under-21 manager needs time to finalise his squad before the June 6 deadline.

Rashford’s absence would be a blow to England after he scored a hat-trick on his under-21 debut against Norway in September and would also be a setback for the FA in their battle with Premier League clubs over releasing players for international duty. There is an acceptance within the governing body that Rashford is a special case and that circumstances have changed. After being a bit-part player at United for much of the season, Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s knee injury has given Rashford more opportunities to play and he has responded positively by scoring the winning goals against Anderlecht and Celta Vigo in the Europa League.
Rashford will be named in Southgate’s squad for the World Cup qualifier against Scotland on June 10, with Mourinho objecting to him also being picked for the European Under-21 Championship, which starts six days later. Southgate had planned to leave Rashford out of the senior squad this season in order for him to be part of the under-21 set-up. However, injuries to Harry Kane and Daniel Sturridge earned the United striker a promotion for the matches against Germany and Lithuania in March.

Rashford is the only player whose availability for the under-21s is in doubt as Boothroyd seeks an improvement on the group-stage exit under Southgate in the Czech Republic two years ago.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby john68 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:27 am

Reading that about England, I am reminded about an allegation made made by the Football Is Fixed website some time ago regarding agent John Colquoun and his link to the ex-England manager, then at WBA Roy Hodgson.

The allegation at the time was that Roy Hodgson had a link with Colquoun and every player bought by WBA during his reign there was represented by Colquoun. The inference was that by doing so, Colquoun made a potof money, from which Hodgson benefited.
By doing so, Hodgson was buying players for his and Colquoun's financial gain and not for the club he was charged with managing.

This is an allegation that is checkable. I can get access to a list of the players bought by WBA, but need info as to where I may find a directory of which players are or were attached to which agents.
By collating the two, I can at least verify if the info on that part of the allegation the is true.

Anyone able to help please..
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 am

Transfermarkt lists current agents of players. If you search for an agent themselves, you can see a list of all players they've controlled. That's how I uncovered the Seluk merry-go-round I mentioned on here.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john68 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 am

A list of Hodgson's signings for WBA, by Roy Hodgson.

Gareth McAuley......Birmingham City...Free............23/5/2011
Billy Jones..............Preston NE...........Free.............1/7/2011
Martin Fulop...........Ipswich Town........Free.............6/8/2011
Shane Long...........Reading................£6.5M...........9/8/2011
Scott Allan.............Dundee Utd...........£300,000.....10/1/2102
Lliam Ridgewell.....Birmingham City.....signed..........31/1/212
Keith Andrews.......Blackburn Rvrs.......nominal.......31/1/2012

Can anyone match those players to their agents at that time?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby john68 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:04 am

Thanks BiB, I will get on to that later.
been working all night, any chance you nailing the info/
Please and Thank You in advance.
john68

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat May 06, 2017 6:05 am

Can't on my phone. Will do when I fire up my laptop later.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat May 06, 2017 6:10 am

Wasn't all of Sven's purchases more or less gotten via Jorachbian (?) ?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/uefa-claim-there-was-clear-and-overwhelming-evidence-of-suspicious-betting-in-athlone-game-35683196.html

Announced this evening on the RTÉ news that Athlone Town are being investigated by UEFA over alleged match fixing after irregular betting patterns emerged, mainly in the Far East.
I'd say the League of Ireland is really big in East Asia.

It doesn't have to be, only the amounts laid as bets would matter.
john68

Postby john68 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:35 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Wasn't all of Sven's purchases more or less gotten via Jorachbian (?) ?

As far as I'm aware, that is correct. I believe he was given carte blanche by Shinawatra to bring in players to City.
Jorabchian wasn't an agent, I think (but not certain) that his licence had been revoked. He was called an advisor.

After Shinawatra or Sven left, not certain of the chronology there, I believe that Jorabchian was shown the door and told he was unwelcome at the club.
While I was poking around looking for G14/FiFA/UeFA stuff a few years ago, I followed a series of links from site to site and by sheer luck or bad judgement ended up finding several pages of links to different complaints or investigations of some sort, regarding Jorabchian's activities.
It wasn't relevent to me at that time, so after a quick browse, I left it alone.

Are you aware also, that some time just before, during or just after, his tenure as City manager, Kevin Keegan was investigated regarding his links with a major agency company? I remember reading that there were several other managers who also had a financial interest in the same agency.
Again, as it wasn't relevant to me at the time, I never saw any further reports on this, nor looked for them.
john68

Postby Hazy2 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:48 am

john68 wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Wasn't all of Sven's purchases more or less gotten via Jorachbian (?) ?

As far as I'm aware, that is correct. I believe he was given carte blanche by Shinawatra to bring in players to City.
Jorabchian wasn't an agent, I think (but not certain) that his licence had been revoked. He was called an advisor.

After Shinawatra or Sven left, not certain of the chronology there, I believe that Jorabchian was shown the door and told he was unwelcome at the club.
While I was poking around looking for G14/FiFA/UeFA stuff a few years ago, I followed a series of links from site to site and by sheer luck or bad judgement ended up finding several pages of links to different complaints or investigations of some sort, regarding Jorabchian's activities.
It wasn't relevent to me at that time, so after a quick browse, I left it alone.

Are you aware also, that some time just before, during or just after, his tenure as City manager, Kevin Keegan was investigated regarding his links with a major agency company? I remember reading that there were several other managers who also had a financial interest in the same agency.
Again, as it wasn't relevant to me at the time, I never saw any further reports on this, nor looked for them.

If the shit went anhwhere near the fan in my opinion the Premier league buries it. Ask any Portsmouth fan, Harry,, how many Owners in
12 months the club , 180 million Robbed from the club by Russians fake sheiks and Scudamore did nothing whatsoever but pray they got relegated and the EFL could deal with it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat May 06, 2017 10:34 am

john68 wrote:A list of Hodgson's signings for WBA, by Roy Hodgson.

Gareth McAuley......Birmingham City...Free............23/5/2011 NO
Billy Jones..............Preston NE...........Free.............1/7/2011 NO
Martin Fulop...........Ipswich Town........Free.............6/8/2011 SEEMS NOT
Shane Long...........Reading................£6.5M...........9/8/2011 SEEMS TO HAVE ALWAYS HAD AN IRISH REPRESENTATIVE
Scott Allan.............Dundee Utd...........£300,000.....10/1/2102 AGENT WAS JOHN VIOLA
Lliam Ridgewell.....Birmingham City.....signed..........31/1/212 NO
Keith Andrews.......Blackburn Rvrs.......nominal.......31/1/2012 CANNOT FIND INFO

Can anyone match those players to their agents at that time?

Here's a list of players currently managed by John Colquhoun's Key Sports Management: https://www.transfermarkt.com/key-sport ... erater/344 It's a pretty big company, focusing on young English players in the main. West Brom currently have 2 players represented by Colquhoun on their books: James Morrison and Chris Brunt.

John, one thing about this is the fact that even if Hodgson had signed lots of his company's players while at West Brom, and even if there was corruption involved, it would still be impossible to tell whether the corruption was related to Hodgson or the club, or a mixture of both, without further research around the issue.

The fact that all of Hodgson's signings you mention above, with the exception of Shane Long, involved minor fees could also have pointed to 'mutual benefit' between a cash-strapped club and an agent wanting to put players in the shop window. That, to me at least, is no morally different to our Academy's tactical partnerships with Stromsgodset, etc.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat May 06, 2017 10:37 am

I think Bernstein knew what was going on when Fowler turned us down but Keegan pushed massively for him. That was the end of Bernstein.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat May 06, 2017 10:41 am

john68 wrote:

Also now remembered that Hughes was a client of or associated with Jorachbian. It seems he ran our club for a couple of years there.

Was not aware of Keegan but then there's also Willie Mckay (?). All the players he managed left us at about the same time didn't they?

These types of links between agent firms and football clubs are even stronger on the continent mate with sporting directors being important links seeing as they can remain in the same club for decades while managers and players come and go. Was listening to a sports podcast some years ago and they said that, at least when it came to Italian and Spanish football, it was key to find these types of links between agents sporting directors to see where players would go.

But these types of links aren't in themselves corrupt. There can, in fact, be benefits for having stable links with a few agents that you know will be able to produce a sufficient amount of players of whom a sufficient degree will be good enough to be squad players or be profitable in the near future. I guess, that as a fan you will feel cheated if you find out that your club did not in fact spend a lot of effort and weigh several options before signing that left-back but rather, just went to an agent and asked them if they had a good one somewhere. But at the same time the scouting networks and scouts have been really poor, historically at least, based on the same type of "knowledge" that you see spouted by pundits in the media on a daily basis. So perhaps depending on a few agents isn't such a bad idea after all. At least not a worse idea than relying on a group of former players who are employed part-time to scout for you without any credentials other than club loyalty and being good enough as players themselves. edit; and BiB makes an excellent point in the same manner.

It's a completely different matter though when there are people within the club profiting from these links though but that begs the question of how common those relations are? The clubs themselves have all the incentives in the world to not let such corrupt links get established. I guess it used to be easier in England (and Sweden for example) where the manager role has always been widely defined and has encompassed most of what sporting directors do on the continent. In these circumstances the manager has all the cards, controls insight and can take some brown envelopes for signing this or that player. But with a sporting director or at least similar checks and balances on a manager's control over purchases it gets much harder.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm

john68 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/uefa-claim-there-was-clear-and-overwhelming-evidence-of-suspicious-betting-in-athlone-game-35683196.html

Announced this evening on the RTÉ news that Athlone Town are being investigated by UEFA over alleged match fixing after irregular betting patterns emerged, mainly in the Far East.

That's the point John.
People saying it doesn't get down to grass roots are missing the point. Anywhere that a match is televised. Betting companies sponsoring the sport in the first place should ring warning bells.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 07, 2017 7:45 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john68 wrote:

That's the point John.
People saying it doesn't get down to grass roots are missing the point. Anywhere that a match is televised. Betting companies sponsoring the sport in the first place should ring warning bells.

It's quite the opposite.
Most fixed games are in lesser leagues. They offer odds formthe most obscure games in Far East. There was a match fixing scandal in Finland about ten years ago. Since then I've seen chinese looking people with ear piece and talking in chinese to handsfree on the back end of the stands few times in Finland. I actually ended sitting quite close to this chinese girl of early-20's few years back. This was in Finnish 1st division. Pretty meaningless game. Homeside were clear favourites and ended up trashing the opposition 6-0. I've understood that most match fixing goes like that. Not so much about surprise wins but favourites absolutely trashing the opposition. Though from that perspective only one of the goals looked dodgy.

This is the kind of games that would be very easy to fix. Finnish first division players are mostly semi-professionals with lotmof the players being students or having part time job of some sorts. In a meaningless game I could believe that you could find guys willing to take few months rent money. Fixing Premier League games would be much more costly and would involve lot bigger chance ofmgetting caught.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 07, 2017 9:27 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Fixing Premier League games would be much more costly and would involve lot bigger chance ofmgetting caught.

Which is why it would make very good sense should you want to fix matches in the Premier League to a) not approach players in the first place but the rather less well-paid referees; b) set up a company that is answerable to no-one and have that company pick, train, and assess referees; c) have a single, already highly-suspect individual run that company; and d) ban all contact between the referees and the media.

Does that not sound in any way familiar? Or in any way iffy?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm

The theory put forward is that 'Agents are the lubricant that makes it all work'

It is they that representmost players throughout their whole careers and it is they that negotiate transfers, signing on fees, get out clauses, bonuses, wages etc. A player often only spends a short time at a number of clubs, so it is an agent who ultimately makes the player rich and it is to the agent that the player ultimately owes his loyalty.
Agents have links with particular managers who get kick backs if they sign players from a particular agent's stable.
If an agent has a number of players in any particular team, it gives the agent leverage over the team.
Agents have links with the global gambling mafia, (and they do exist) and so it goes on.
john68

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm

john68 wrote:The theory put forward is that 'Agents are the lubricant that makes it all work'

It is they that representmost players throughout their whole careers and it is they that negotiate transfers, signing on fees, get out clauses, bonuses, wages etc. A player often only spends a short time at a number of clubs, so it is an agent who ultimately makes the player rich and it is to the agent that the player ultimately owes his loyalty.
Agents have links with particular managers who get kick backs if they sign players from a particular agent's stable.
If an agent has a number of players in any particular team, it gives the agent leverage over the team.
Agents have links with the global gambling mafia, (and they do exist) and so it goes on.

And it's all very plausible John.
The only thing missing is a smoking gun.
The evidence is all around us, but currently it is only circumstantial.

I've said before in here, that though I firmly believe that corruption is rife, it needs to be said that is amazing that we don't have whistleblowers willing to open the can of worms.

It is strange to say the least that you could hope to keep a lid on something as big as what we are talking about.
It would take some amount of muscle to keep things quiet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum