City fined 300k and banned for two years

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City fined 300k and banned for two years

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Crossie wrote:So we're banned from signing domestic kids, not foreign ones.

Well done FA, you prevent the best kids joining the countries best youth academy, purpose built, the single best place a kid can learn about football, go to school and learn about how to live a professional footballers life without falling into the traps.

Setting the national team back 2 years.

I know we broke the rules but the punishment is senseless.
Nobody can sign foreign players under 16 anyway.

I'm fairly sure there's a caveat in there to the effect of "unless they're following their parents who are changing jobs and countries" - which is where the possibility of wrongful approach to the parents comes in.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Sat May 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Well done FA, you prevent the best kids joining the countries best youth academy, purpose built, the single best place a kid can learn about football, go to school and learn about how to live a professional footballers life without falling into the traps.

I'm fairly sure there's a caveat in there to the effect of "unless they're following their parents who are changing jobs and countries" - which is where the possibility of wrongful approach to the parents comes in.

Probably how Wenger got away with it all those years.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

And the spirit-soaked red nosed old bastard from Govan. I wonder how many 'cleaners' and 'car park attendants' they had on their books over the years who never actually showed up for work.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

And the spirit-soaked red nosed old bastard from Govan. I wonder how many 'cleaners' and 'car park attendants' they had on their books over the years who never actually showed up for work.

Not just employees at the low end at the swamp. The world record signing has barely been seen since August
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:I think Cook has served sufficient time away from the club.....Maybe we should consider putting a bid in to bring him back.
Accident prone, but did one helluva job for us when he was here.

It says something when we're wishing for the return of Cookie! He still loves the club though and that seems an unusual trait these days among our hierarchy.

On the subject of our treble penalty, compared to that of the red dippers whose infraction was worse, anybody know what Darth Gill is doing at the FA at the moment?

I disagree with your inference. I think he is exactly the type of person the club needs. Brash, street-smart and on the side of the fans (yes, a fair few fuck-ups go along with this). Our club play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules while football is peopled by bare-knuckle degenerates.

My inference was not intended as any slight on Garry Cook, rather it expressed reservations about the club's current management - whether it's PR performance, transfer dealings, season ticket pricing, drug testing or academy recruitment etc.

I met Garry once in Abu Dhabi just before they sacked Hughes and spent over an hour listening to his views. He struck me as completely dedicated to getting us to the very top and, as you say, firmly on the side of the fans. I'd be delighted if he came back.

Fair play, mate. Nothing to disagree with there and it's good to know Cookie is a decent sort.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Fair play, mate. Nothing to disagree with there and it's good to know Cookie is a decent sort.

Cookie come back :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon May 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Didn't we employ the parents of Robbie Mak and a few other Central Europeans who signed for the Academy?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Fair play, mate. Nothing to disagree with there and it's good to know Cookie is a decent sort.

Cookie come back :)

The plot thickens.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Definitely not Robbie Mak's folks. Also called Robbie Mak, he worked on the trolleys on Transpennine Express. He was a brainy bloke who had given up a good job to come over and give his son a chance in the Prem. His wife was a stunner.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Definitely not Robbie Mak's folks. Also called Robbie Mak, he worked on the trolleys on Transpennine Express. He was a brainy bloke who had given up a good job to come over and give his son a chance in the Prem. His wife was a stunner.

I seem to remember you mentioning that at the time now - we did give some players' parents jobs at the club (or find jobs for them elsewhere), though. I could've sworn it was the parents of at least one of the Slovakians, but it definitely wasn't Weiss, wasn't Mak, and Rusnak came much later. The only other Slovakian I can think of is that keeper, who, after a quick Google, was called Filip Mentel, and who now plays in the Slovakian 6th division for a team that's only just started out in their football pyramid after being a kids' club. Perhaps it was him, or I've just got the nationality wrong.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum