Weekend games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Weekend games

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm

it was on it's way in from his thigh and Guido stopped it with his own arm ......that was his moment and sadly he blew it
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 pm

The Stoke - Arsenal game this tea-time could be interesting, especially if Whinger's lot don't turn up in the right frame of mind.

If Sparky Spews' outfit turn them over, they might miss out on their coveted 4th spot, allowing that to be taken by either the Dippers or the Scum, which is not a particularly enthralling prospect.

Having said that, wanting Arsenal to win, even if it is against Stoke, just seems to go against the grain.

This certainly has been a season of very mixed emotions, in one way or another.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat May 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Our women are currently live on bbc2 in the cup final.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Sat May 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Stoke are a pathetic soft touch these days. 0-2. Hughes out. We've just got to win the last two to make sure of third. Avoid a CL qualifying round which mucks up the pre season.

Going to the match on Tuesday. Buzzing as ever.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Arsenal now leading 2-0 after an hour's play.

They're now breathing down the Dipper's necks, so that's further pressure on Klipperty's All Star XI.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Crouch now pulled one back for Stoke 1-2

Edit; looks as though Crouch might have scored with his hand, but the goal stands. It'll be interesting to see what resolve Arsenal now have.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Arsenal 1-4 up.
blues2win

Postby blues2win » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Arsenal same goal difference as Liverpool now.
blues2win

Postby dick dastardley » Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Stoke bunch shit bags, Hughes shite manager saying that hopefully the thieves lose tomorrow
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 13, 2017 6:41 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Stoke bunch shit bags, Hughes shite manager saying that hopefully the thieves lose tomorrow

He is getting the sack at the end of the season. No other way around this for Stoke. They need someone to make them better. Hughes will keep them in the mediocrity.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 6:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Stoke bunch shit bags, Hughes shite manager saying that hopefully the thieves lose tomorrow

He is getting the sack at the end of the season. No other way around this for Stoke. They need someone to make them better. Hughes will keep them in the mediocrity.

If he does get sacked PP, I'm not sure where he'll end up.

I don't think he's even suited for the Championship as he's very limited in his abilities and that's a very difficult Division to get out of, with it being both physical and competitive. I don't think I'd be surprised if he ended up going abroad to a country where the level of football is a lot lower and, perhaps, tactically less demanding.

One thing is certain; the reputation he garnered at Blackburn has long since faded.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I don't think he's even suited for the Championship as he's very limited in his abilities and that's a very difficult Division to get out of, with it being both physical and competitive. I don't think I'd be surprised if he ended up going abroad to a country where the level of football is a lot lower and, perhaps, tactically less demanding.

One thing is certain; the reputation he garnered at Blackburn has long since faded.

Crystal Palace.

Joke aside, maybe he will get the national team spot after Southgate will fail to get through the groups next year in Russia. Hughes is a very limited manager, with some really quality players.

At the moment, he is at best a manager good enough for the likes of Boro, Hull, etc. He fails to improve himself. He just likes to settle.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Crystal Palace.

Joke aside, maybe he will get the national team spot after Southgate will fail to get through the groups next year in Russia. Hughes is a very limited manager, with some really quality players.

At the moment, he is at best a manager good enough for the likes of Boro, Hull, etc. He fails to improve himself. He just likes to settle.

I still have hopes he will end up at the swamp
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Scotland?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 7:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Scotland?

Ouch !!

I was thinking of Albania but that's far more appropriate mr_nool.

Nice one.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 pm

All that's needed now is for scouse1 to lose at the Hammers tomorrow.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 14, 2017 12:54 am

I cannot wait for this fucking shitty season to be over - so fucking underwhelmed with the way it's gone.

Another season of spending billions to be 15 points behind the leaders. Shocking .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 14, 2017 9:46 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I cannot wait for this fucking shitty season to be over - so fucking underwhelmed with the way it's gone.

Another season of spending billions to be 15 points behind the leaders. Shocking .

You're right Carl.

At this stage it does seem very disappointing, even dispiriting, to be scrabbling for points and hoping other teams drop them also, just so we can manage to stay in the top four.

There have been some bright spots and some false dawns even but, all in all, it's not been a season to live long in the memory.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I cannot wait for this fucking shitty season to be over - so fucking underwhelmed with the way it's gone.

You're right Carl.

At this stage it does seem very disappointing, even dispiriting, to be scrabbling for points and hoping other teams drop them also, just so we can manage to stay in the top four.

There have been some bright spots and some false dawns even but, all in all, it's not been a season to live long in the memory.

I think I enjoyed about 20 games this season , thats it....and that's no exaggeration.

PeP gets a free pass from me this season , next season Ill want his head if we go down the same route next season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:21 pm

At half time, the Dippers are leading 1-0, with a goal from Sturridge on 35 minutes.

This afternoon is looking as though it's one that will be somewhat sour for us :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum