*** city v cpfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v cpfc official match thread***

Postby phips » Mon May 08, 2017 1:14 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Never forget that some people just like to moan. It's like the media, the stories they go for are the negative ones all the time rather than look at the positives and the successes.

It's interesting you say this because I saw a few comments on a recent article in The Guardian about Rebecca Lowe, the host of NBC's coverage in the states which tends to be more positive or more "American" in style, suggesting English supporters who watch it and compare its coverage to Sky, BT and BBC prefer the more positive, yet serious and balanced tone.

We still like our negative stories here, don't get me wrong, but coverage on the networks that broadcast sport games tends to be more positive and focused on potentially climactic story lines in the studios and from those commenting in game. I think the reason why is that rather than taint the reputation of their product they want to hype it up to make people feel excited, especially interested in keeping attention of more casual or possible new fans who don't want to hear negativity (that's for die hard sport fans).

Sport talk radio here is where the negativity tends to remain, and on a few die hard sport fan shows on sports television networks. The only negative game day broadcast team I can think of in any sport here and popular is so because they are negative in commentary whilst using a lot of humour.

agreed.

i always find it so hard to relate to people on here complaining about biased commentators or news articles across the pond. its just a whole different world.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 pm

The highlights that MotD should have shown, all 7+ minutes of them...

Go to 1:28 for the start of the game.

Watch on youtube.com

Those thumping goals must, I'm sure, be the result of lots of training practice. Keep at it lads!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Compilation of punditry, mainly from abroad, obviously.

Watch on youtube.com
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum