*** city v cpfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v cpfc official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 06, 2017 11:34 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Great Match !!! everyone played brilliantly.....that's how we played in the first 10 games!!

Caballero , when called upon saved a certain goal and it would have been if that other cunt was in the nets!!. I had a hangover from hell which is why my expert analysis on this match wasn't relayed to all and sundry in this thread ))...............what a night , what a hangover , what a match , what a result.!!

Excellent.

I'm almost scared to ask this Carl.....but, are you h h h happy? I mean like happy?

I certainly was today - even ottermendi had me applauding -Second best player on the pitch
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 07, 2017 2:26 am

gmercer1 wrote:Yet again we got kicked to fuck and no protection from the referee.
Seems the norm now, do what you want to City players it's fine.

It was a feature of the first half that Palace were certainly 'finishing off their challenges' and that it was going unpunished. It's remarkable how few cards are given to the oppo against us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun May 07, 2017 6:56 am

PrezIke wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Couldn't see the game so will have to settle for MOTD, who probably wont do it justice. Sounds like I missed a cracker. Let's hope we can finish the season like we started it.

MOTD will show City's 1-0 tightly faught and dubious victory over sn unlucky Palace !

We'll have to see if he's full of it then:

Surprise surprise MOTD focus on how bad Palace were. Only Gary chirped in with comments focusing on City being good.

Danny Murphy "we need to start straight away by saying how many injuries Palace had". Fuckin fake Scouse twat!

Kilbane talking about how good Otter was.

Basically they let Murphy go first which set the tone.
Last edited by Mase on Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Couldn't see the game so will have to settle for MOTD, who probably wont do it justice. Sounds like I missed a cracker. Let's hope we can finish the season like we started it.

MOTD will show City's 1-0 tightly faught and dubious victory over sn unlucky Palace !

Surprise surprise MOTD focus on how bad Palace were. Only Gary chirped in with comments focusing on City being good.

Danny Murphy "we need to start start away by saying how many injuries Palace had". Fuckin fake Scouse twat!

Murphy was a grade A twat. You could taste the disdain dripping from his tongue. Linekar, to be fair, is usually pretty fair about us. Calls us out when we've played poorly as any of us do, but when it clicks he also purrs like us.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 am

Palace were poor but we were fantastic and that should have been the focus. Why the negative shit from Danny. Replacing a shearer I guess
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 07, 2017 9:12 am

HAving watched the highlights and reading this thread, it's odd to find negative comments about Sané and Sterling. Granted, I have not watched the game but they must have been absolutely terrible outside of the bits in the highlights to deserve criticism for yesterday. Both seemed to have had a great game yesterday.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 07, 2017 10:02 am

how that monotone cunt murphy gets media work is beyond me.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:HAving watched the highlights and reading this thread, it's odd to find negative comments about Sané and Sterling. Granted, I have not watched the game but they must have been absolutely terrible outside of the bits in the highlights to deserve criticism for yesterday. Both seemed to have had a great game yesterday.

They weren't. They were amazing. Especially Sane. I saw Messi and Tranaldo at the same age and I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he is better than Tranaldo was at his age and close to Messi. People in general often don't understand the concept of winger especially someone who is asked to be as attacking as Sane.

Sterling is not as good of a player as Sane, at this stage already very few in the world are, but he is fine fine winger as well. We are sorted at the position for close to next decade.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Sun May 07, 2017 10:13 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:HAving watched the highlights and reading this thread, it's odd to find negative comments about Sané and Sterling. Granted, I have not watched the game but they must have been absolutely terrible outside of the bits in the highlights to deserve criticism for yesterday. Both seemed to have had a great game yesterday.

They weren't. They were amazing. Especially Sane. I saw Messi and Tranaldo at the same age and I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he is better than Tranaldo was at his age and close to Messi. People in general often don't understand the concept of winger especially someone who is asked to be as attacking as Sane.

Sterling is not as good of a player as Sane, at this stage already very few in the world are, but he is fine fine winger as well. We are sorted at the position for close to next decade.

Sanè was brilliant and terrible all in the same match. He'd skin five Palace players then just pass it to one of theres with no pressure on him. Frustrating is probably the right word.

I thought Sterling had a decent game. Didn't see him do much wrong. He's a winger. He's not David Silva. He's not Sergio Aguero. He's a winger. Some people don't see that.
Last edited by Mase on Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 07, 2017 10:13 am

Sterling started on fire on the left, Sané not so much on the right. They switched wings and suddenly Sané looked very threatening, Sterling not so much. End product at times was disappointing from both, indecision from Sterling, tunnel vision from Sané but in general both played well and contributed to an all round great team performance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 07, 2017 10:31 am

Mase wrote:

Sanè was brilliant and terrible all in the same match. He's skin five Palace players then just pass it to one of theres with no pressure on him. Frustrating is probably the right word.

Absolutely.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 am

Never forget that some people just like to moan. It's like the media, the stories they go for are the negative ones all the time rather than look at the positives and the successes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Danny Murphy "we need to start straight away by saying how many injuries Palace had". Fuckin fake Scouse twat!

Murphy's such a bitter twat, with absolutely nothing to say that is worth hearing. You'd get better football analysis from a rotten cabbage. As for the MOTD highlights - what a joke! If you only saw the first half on MOTD you'd think it had been an even half of football as they showed 2 of our 10 shots on goal and the only 2 attacks that Palace had. Knobs
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 11:23 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Murphy also was lamenting the fact that Palace allowed Merlin the freedom of the park and that they should have put a man on him who would "let him know he was around"....i.e. kick him to pieces in dinosaur English footballing terms.

This, firstly, overlooked the fact that Merlin is like quicksilver and a man marker would have difficulty containing him by fair means. Furthermore, it just seemed to further condone the idea that Silva should just be mindlessly subjected to unpunished thuggery, as is the normally the case in every game he plays in these days.

Secondly, if Palace were supposedly so poor, an overwhelming part of that is because City were so good. Surely if BFS was the tactical genius he's made out to be, he should have been able to do something about it, shouldn't he............or didn't starting out initially with three centre backs try to address City's attacking play from the off ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 07, 2017 11:26 am

Was working so didn't see the game. But was astonished to see a 5-0 won with no Gabriel Jesus on the scoresheet. Did he play well and link up with Sane and Sterling like they did prior to his injury?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 am

nottsblue wrote:Was working so didn't see the game. But was astonished to see a 5-0 won with no Gabriel Jesus on the scoresheet. Did he play well and link up with Sane and Sterling like they did prior to his injury?

I liked the way he played NB (as an effective team player) and he was one of my two choices in the MOTM section for this game.

He was fast and determined and took some marking, especially after a ten week (or so) injury lay off, with this being his first full game back.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dimples » Sun May 07, 2017 11:57 am

IMO Sane, Sterling and Jesus are now the first choice front three.
They are going to get better considering how young they are now.

This brings me back to Kun.
I am now 100% convinced that he will move on and we will buy a different type of forward.
Brilliant record for us and one of our all time legends.

Kun slows us down. He is not what Pep wants. That is not to disrespect Kun. His style does not fit.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Dimples wrote:IMO Sane, Sterling and Jesus are now the first choice front three.

I am now 100% convinced that he will move on and we will buy a different type of forward.

Kun slows us down. He is not what Pep wants. That is not to disrespect Kun. His style does not fit.

Guy scores roughly 30 goals every year. That sort of ratio should fit to any system. Also, he is not mentally retarded. He can learn any system. Besides we need two strikers with steady goalscoring ratio.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Dimples wrote:IMO Sane, Sterling and Jesus are now the first choice front three.

Guy scores roughly 30 goals every year. That sort of ratio should fit to any system. Also, he is not mentally retarded. He can learn any system. Besides we need two strikers with steady goalscoring ratio.

At the very least IMHO.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Never forget that some people just like to moan. It's like the media, the stories they go for are the negative ones all the time rather than look at the positives and the successes.

It's interesting you say this because I saw a few comments on a recent article in The Guardian about Rebecca Lowe, the host of NBC's coverage in the states which tends to be more positive or more "American" in style, suggesting English supporters who watch it and compare its coverage to Sky, BT and BBC prefer the more positive, yet serious and balanced tone.

We still like our negative stories here, don't get me wrong, but coverage on the networks that broadcast sport games tends to be more positive and focused on potentially climactic story lines in the studios and from those commenting in game. I think the reason why is that rather than taint the reputation of their product they want to hype it up to make people feel excited, especially interested in keeping attention of more casual or possible new fans who don't want to hear negativity (that's for die hard sport fans).

Sport talk radio here is where the negativity tends to remain, and on a few die hard sport fan shows on sports television networks. The only negative game day broadcast team I can think of in any sport here and popular is so because they are negative in commentary whilst using a lot of humour.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum