*** city v cpfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v cpfc official match thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 pm

To add and be fair...I think part of the reason NBC has more positive coverage of the PL is that they are trying to sell the sport/league to a wider audience where as that isn't as necessary in England.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dimples wrote:IMO Sane, Sterling and Jesus are now the first choice front three.
They are going to get better considering how young they are now.

This brings me back to Kun.
I am now 100% convinced that he will move on and we will buy a different type of forward.
Brilliant record for us and one of our all time legends.

Kun slows us down. He is not what Pep wants. That is not to disrespect Kun. His style does not fit.

Guy scores roughly 30 goals every year. That sort of ratio should fit to any system. Also, he is not mentally retarded. He can learn any system. Besides we need two strikers with steady goalscoring ratio.

RM and Barca would have him in a flash as would any other top team in Europe.

Aguero is going nowhere imo..otherwise PeP can go fuck himself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun May 07, 2017 2:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:IMO Sane, Sterling and Jesus are now the first choice front three.

I am now 100% convinced that he will move on and we will buy a different type of forward.

Kun slows us down. He is not what Pep wants. That is not to disrespect Kun. His style does not fit.

Guy scores roughly 30 goals every year. That sort of ratio should fit to any system. Also, he is not mentally retarded. He can learn any system. Besides we need two strikers with steady goalscoring ratio.

Indeed Pep can disappear as far as I am concerned before we even allow Kün into retirement.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 07, 2017 2:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Indeed Pep can disappear as far as I am concerned before we even allow Kün into retirement.

If we make the top 4 I think Aguero is gone. It's clear Pep has hung his hat on the Jesus style of striker and he'll see CL qualification as justification for step changes to enable the full flowering of his tactical genius. Lucky us eh?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If we make the top 4 I think Aguero is gone. It's clear Pep has hung his hat on the Jesus style of striker and he'll see CL qualification as justification for step changes to enable the full flowering of his tactical genius. Lucky us eh?

Sorry but I see absolutely no justification for this kind of thinking. "Kun is gone"... Only a fool would dump the Clubs leading goalscorer and pretty much the number one player , idolised by fans and football fans pretty much everywhere.
So , i will restate what i think about it. It would be a complete Thicko that let's Kun go to a competitor - Europe or PL. A thicko that shouldn't be at MCFC.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 07, 2017 3:08 pm

zuricity wrote:Sorry but I see absolutely no justification for this kind of thinking. "Kun is gone"... Only a fool would dump the Clubs leading goalscorer and pretty much the number one player, idolised by fans and football fans pretty much everywhere.

If Pep in his genius decides to dump Sergio, I'm afraid the likes of us are the thickos if we don't understand.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun May 07, 2017 3:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:Sorry but I see absolutely no justification for this kind of thinking. "Kun is gone"... Only a fool would dump the Clubs leading goalscorer and pretty much the number one player, idolised by fans and football fans pretty much everywhere.

If Pep in his genius decides to dump Sergio, I'm afraid the likes of us are the thickos if we don't understand.

Somehow for me, the word genius and Football managers just simply do not belong together.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby freshie » Sun May 07, 2017 3:34 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Somehow for me, the word genius and Football managers just simply do not belong together.

Too many people believing media speculation and stories which are written simply for more clicks/to sell more papers
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 07, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't think we are selling Aguero this summer, but after next season I could see it happening.

I love him, but let's be real here. If Jesus continues to play as he has and improves, which seems like a very good chance, then Kun will have the most competition he's ever had here, by far. Jesus also works his arse off and whilst Kun has improved in this area, and is a lethal scorer, he still likes to play with his back to the goal, tends to dribble a lot (with less pace now if you ask me) rather than make a deft touch to another player in the final third, and is not as good at bringing other players into play when we are attempting to counter attack.

You could see how Jesus did this, clearly, yesterday and in some other games (Crystal Palace FA cup tie, is one I recall) and this is going to be a red mark against Kun in Pep's system, always.

Staying next season will allow him to become our #1 scorer of all time, but I think he would likely agitate for a move by its end if he's 2nd fiddle and if Jesus becomes as good as we think he will it is hard to see him staying...

Unless, Pep thinks he can play Kun Jesus and Sane. Yet, if we sign a big time winger/forward this summer then the writing will really be on the wall.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sun May 07, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dimples » Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Kun's situation reminds me a little of Gio's.
Gio Kinkladze was a fantastic player, great to watch, scored great goals, etc...
We got relegated twice in the three seasons he was with us.
Royle reckoned he was our weakest link not our strongest - he was proven right.

Kun has not been missed when Jesus has been fit.
Fact is the team have looked better.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Dimples wrote:Kun's situation reminds me a little of Gio's.
Gio Kinkladze was a fantastic player, great to watch, scored great goals, etc...
We got relegated twice in the three seasons he was with us.
Royle reckoned he was our weakest link not our strongest - he was proven right.

Kun has not been missed when Jesus has been fit.
Fact is the team have looked better.

Kun's not going anywhere (in my opinion), but it doesn't stop me being excited by the prospect of ten years of Sane/Jesus/Sterling
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby aaron bond » Sun May 07, 2017 4:26 pm

One of the main reasons we've struggled this season is our lack of strikers. Now because Jesus is playing well people are suggesting Aguero will leave!?!?

We need Aguero AND Jesus. Plus a minimum of 1 other, ideally 2 strikers.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 4:57 pm

aaron bond wrote:One of the main reasons we've struggled this season is our lack of strikers. Now because Jesus is playing well people are suggesting Aguero will leave!?!?

This.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
aaron bond wrote:One of the main reasons we've struggled this season is our lack of strikers. Now because Jesus is playing well people are suggesting Aguero will leave!?!?

This.

If Aguero is happy being the #2 choice next season then great. Otherwise, I don't think he will accept that.

Other option is Pep finds a way to play them both, or Kun is #1 over Jesus next season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Totally agree good post . Sergio is still one of the best strikers in the world , world class ! Anyone contemplating selling him really hasn't got a footballing clue and shouldn't be employed by the club !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Dimples » Sun May 07, 2017 7:36 pm

City64 wrote:

Totally agree good post . Sergio is still one of the best strikers in the world , world class ! Anyone contemplating selling him really hasn't got a footballing clue and shouldn't be employed by the club !!!

It is all about the team not about the individual.
Where we better with or without Gio? 2 relegation with him, 2 promotions without him.
Are we better with or without Kun? To me it looks like we play better with Jesus replacing Kun and the results confirm it.

Maybe Jesus and Kun can play together, maybe they cannot.
If you were Kun why would you bother hanging around to find out?
Stay and be second choice to Jesus and maybe if you adapt your game your can play with him - maybe OR
Go to a top class side and be the main man again?

No brainer if you are Kun and also a no brainer for Pep.
Leaves him free to bring in another top class striker who fits the system - just like Jesus.

Last thing, Kun is aging. He is noticeably slower now than a couple of years ago.
The beginning of the end has started for Kun. It will take time but it has started - that is undeniable.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:

It is all about the team not about the individual.
Where we better with or without Gio? 2 relegation with him, 2 promotions without him.
Are we better with or without Kun? To me it looks like we play better with Jesus replacing Kun and the results confirm it.

Maybe Jesus and Kun can play together, maybe they cannot.
If you were Kun why would you bother hanging around to find out?
Stay and be second choice to Jesus and maybe if you adapt your game your can play with him - maybe OR
Go to a top class side and be the main man again?

No brainer if you are Kun and also a no brainer for Pep.
Leaves him free to bring in another top class striker who fits the system - just like Jesus.

Last thing, Kun is aging. He is noticeably slower now than a couple of years ago.
The beginning of the end has started for Kun. It will take time but it has started - that is undeniable.

Sergio,s outstanding contribution and record is over 5 years for us in the PL , Jesus has been with us a couple of months and played a handful of games . We need 3 or 4 strikers due the sheer amount of games and the injuries that ultimately come along with that plus the option to rotate tired players . People were writing Vinny off a few weeks ago ,just look at him now .There is no doubt Pep is looking towards Jesus , Sane , Sterling and KDB as our long term future this summers transfer dealings will be make or break for where we are heading imho . A couple of bizarre transfers last summer (bravo , Nolito) have me very worried indeed , Sergio on the other hand has been there done it wrote the records won the trophies etc etc
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon May 08, 2017 1:25 am

Was finally able to watch the match and boy was it great to have Silva back.

And i know hes gotten alot of grief since he joined (and rightfully so) but, even goal aside, Otamendi was fantastic today. He had one loose pass in the first half that forced Kompany to take a yellow but Nico has been fantastic in these recent matches alongside Kompany
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 08, 2017 5:17 am

Sell Aguero? Second choice to Jesus? Good Grief.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Was finally able to watch the match and boy was it great to have Silva back.

And i know hes gotten alot of grief since he joined (and rightfully so) but, even goal aside, Otamendi was fantastic today. He had one loose pass in the first half that forced Kompany to take a yellow but Nico has been fantastic in these recent matches alongside Kompany

Totally agree. Otter was fantastic all game. Interceptions, aerial duels etc. He looked magnificent on Saturday. However, he loves to play against the benteke types, he loves the physical battles. Next week will be a big test for him, up against vardy and the long ball merchants.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum