thicksh*t buggerstain summed up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: thicksh*t buggerstain summed up

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 17, 2017 9:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:No, Aguero can speak English, he chooses not to on camera. He took English classes as soon as he signed for the club.

You can def see him having banter with English speakers so he must have at very least basic English skills. Then again, after all that time in England Tevez could barely order cup of tee and actually receive some form of hot liquid.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Then again, after all that time in England Tevez could barely order cup of tee and actually receive some form of hot liquid.

Whereas you've got that skill nailed down to a tea...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Then again, after all that time in England Tevez could barely order cup of tee and actually receive some form of hot liquid.

Whereas you've got that skill nailed down to a tea...

Boom!
Excellent work mate!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He is a winger who can't beat anybody because he is dog slow. I couldn't understand what people saw in him.
He will not be missed one iota.

A blast from the past about dog slow wingers - John Robertson.

He was very useful.

. . . Matthews was never fast
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 17, 2017 12:16 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He is a winger who can't beat anybody because he is dog slow. I couldn't understand what people saw in him.

He was very useful.

A bit before even my time RR, but I always thought that when he was in his prime, people regarded him as being very very fast and it was only when he was in his late forties and still playing for Stoke, that he was, understandably, quite slow.

The trouble is, is that his prime coincided with World War II which deprived him of a lot of football.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

He was very useful.

A bit before even my time RR, but I always thought that when he was in his prime, people regarded him as being very very fast and it was only when he was in his late forties and still playing for Stoke, that he was, understandably, quite slow.

The trouble is, is that his prime coincided with World War II which deprived him of a lot of football.

Like Robertson, he could still always make a yard for a cross though, that was his genius.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Clowncrete » Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 pm

He never got a look in after January because Sane emerged. Sane is already a better player and importantly more of a Pep player. He can actually beat a man and runs behind the defense.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 19, 2017 12:15 am

Clowncrete wrote:He never got a look in after January because Sane emerged. Sane is already a better player and importantly more of a Pep player. He can actually beat a man and runs behind the defense.

why the fuck did we spend the thick end of £30m on him then (fee + 3 yr, 100k/wk contract) then?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 am

gmercer1 wrote:What the feck happened to Nolito? Who did he piss off? I heard a rumour he wasn't putting a shift in at training but how true that is I'm not sure.

Other rumour was he didn't want to nor try to learn English.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 19, 2017 1:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Terrible piece of business. I'm not going to blame Pep though, he started to look completely inefective after quite promising start. He was depth player to begin with. It's on Txiki that we paid such a ridiculous sum for him.

Except at the time everyone was talking about how much of a bargain buy it was for a player who was so heralded for Spain during the Euros.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am

nottsblue wrote:Whoever the blame gets apportioned to, it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions. A £10m hit on the transfer fee and a further £5/6m in wages and signing on fee. For what?

I'm not having it Roberts wouldn't have done a better job

Really? This is a drop in the bucket for us. It didn't turn out great, although he was key for us for the first few months and one of our best players at the time. Sane came on and took his spot and is a far better player for us at this point and developing into a potential superstar, so I am not exactly losing sleep over this one.

Anyway, if losing 10m is so bad what will you call the amount we will lose on Mangala, which is going to be at least 10m more than this, and probably more?

We are also going to likely sell Mooy for a profit, and have done smaller for profit deals with youth players over the past few seasons, which I expect more of as players who aren't good enough will go to other clubs interested.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:That is not the point.

Something happend.

Until nov, dec, he was was given minutes for us. From january he is not even making cameos. There were moments when Silva, KDB, Sterling, Aguero or Jesus were not fit, and still Nolito failed to get even some decent 5-10 minutes. I smell bollox.

Something is up.

Crazy scenario, but what if that drugs problem a few months ago is related with him?

He dodged the testers by changing hotel, the sneaky fucker.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39383967

How did I miss that at the time? Someone ought to be sacked for those ridiculous administrative errors. Absolutely unprofessional work by someone who is in charge of this shit.

Don't think that has anything to do with Nolito though.

Nor do I mate, I was taking the piss.

The timing of his falling out of favour seems to coincide with an interview he gave to Marca in which he essentially said he couldn't be bothered learning English as there were so many Spanish speakers at the club, just speculating but it may have been this that pissed Pep off.

I believe the word was this is exactly what it did.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 19, 2017 7:05 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:He never got a look in after January because Sane emerged. Sane is already a better player and importantly more of a Pep player. He can actually beat a man and runs behind the defense.

why the fuck did we spend the thick end of £30m on him then (fee + 3 yr, 100k/wk contract) then?

Reports at the time suggested Pep wanted him as he knew his methods and could act as a mentor to the younger lads for what's required.

He hasn't done badly at all on the pitch, a goal or assist every 129 minutes in the league.

There's no accounting for a fallout between player and manager, ask Negredo and Manuel.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 19, 2017 4:08 pm

PrezIke wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Whoever the blame gets apportioned to, it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions. A £10m hit on the transfer fee and a further £5/6m in wages and signing on fee. For what?

Really? This is a drop in the bucket for us. It didn't turn out great, although he was key for us for the first few months and one of our best players at the time. Sane came on and took his spot and is a far better player for us at this point and developing into a potential superstar, so I am not exactly losing sleep over this one.

Anyway, if losing 10m is so bad what will you call the amount we will lose on Mangala, which is going to be at least 10m more than this, and probably more?

We are also going to likely sell Mooy for a profit, and have done smaller for profit deals with youth players over the past few seasons, which I expect more of as players who aren't good enough will go to other clubs interested.

I was born a Yorkshireman Prez and, as a genre, we're regarded as being careful as to how money is spent. We have far too much respect for the stuff and how hard it can be to earn it, to simply fritter it away needlessly. Moreover, that particular care and consideration quite often spills over as to how others should treat money, even if at times, it's not our own. "Waste not; want not" is a monetary mantra for life.

I've also watched City for so so many years when we didn't have 'two half-pennies' (although it's not pronounced in that way) to rub together, so the concept of "a drop in the bucket" doesn't sit too easily with the likes of us and, although he's not quite a Yorkshireman, I'm including NottsBlue in this generalisation as he's near enough.

Throwing money away in such a cavalier fashion almost feels like a criminal waste and, even though our owners have deep pockets, waste and loss should still be avoided. You might look at things differently than we do on this side of 'the pond' but that's why NB made his post in the way that he did and we'll never know how long it will be until the oil wells run dry.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I was born a Yorkshireman Prez and, as a genre, we're regarded as being careful as to how money is spent. We have far too much respect for the stuff and how hard it can be to earn it, to simply fritter it away needlessly. Moreover, that particular care and consideration quite often spills over as to how others should treat money, even if at times, it's not our own. "Waste not; want not" is a monetary mantra for life.

I've also watched City for so so many years when we didn't have 'two half-pennies' (although it's not pronounced in that way) to rub together, so the concept of "a drop in the bucket" doesn't sit too easily with the likes of us and, although he's not quite a Yorkshireman, I'm including NottsBlue in this generalisation as he's near enough.

Throwing money away in such a cavalier fashion almost feels like a criminal waste and, even though our owners have deep pockets, waste and loss should still be avoided. You might look at things differently than we do on this side of 'the pond' but that's why NB made his post in the way that he did and we'll never know how long it will be until the oil wells run dry.

Cheers MC!

Prez, £15m or even £30m may be a drop in the ocean to our owners. But we still have to balance the books and turn a profit. FFP may not be the beast it once was but it's ugly presence still lingers and £15m could be the difference between meeting objectives or not. We haven't got the bottomless pit of money of our owners to play with, nor should that be the case.

But I have made the point on other threads about these type of squad players such as Nolito or Fernando or Delph or Sinclair and numerous others over the years. They are not good enough to be regular first teamers and they are potentially blocking the path of an Academy graduate as a squad player whilst costing us millions in the process. I'd sooner see the difference go on superstars like Aguero or KDB or Jesus. Rather like MC I suspect, my nature is one of prudence, indeed in my house every pound is a prisoner, but I am not averse to spending money on big items. I'd take the same logic to City, save money on the squad fillers and go all out on the superstars. We let Hazard slip through the net due to FFP which with hindsight was a mistake. Let's not repeat that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 am

Looks like Cheeky Txiki might have be getting his arse in gear this time round. Finally
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 am

freshie wrote:Looks like Cheeky Txiki might have be getting his arse in gear this time round. Finally

he's clearly read this thread
or been in the back of john's cab
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 30, 2017 8:39 am

freshie wrote:Looks like Cheeky Txiki might have be getting his arse in gear this time round. Finally

Until a couple of the transfers don't live up to their billing and then he's a shit cunt again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 am

Until a couple of the transfers don't live up to their billing and then he's a shit cunt again.

Never takes long for pessimism to rear it's ugly head
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Tue May 30, 2017 8:41 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

he's clearly read this thread
or been in the back of john's cab

Maybe we all need to spend some time in the back of John's cab then ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum