vinnie reborn?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

vinnie reborn?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 am

feared the worst when he appeared to pull up injured last night, i'm sure you all did as well....
been quality since he's been back. we're a different team when he's on the park.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: vinnie reborn?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 am

What might have been.

We still need to replace him even if we keep him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am

we went to shit when he went off too. We need him and a similar replacement for when he gets injured so hopefully between the two we get a full season.

Makes a huge difference, we even win headers when hes back there!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

Well the feller is still one of the best in the world when he is fit. Problem is that kind of injuries he has had tend to be lingering in nature so it's doubtful he will ever surpass 25 game mark a season.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby sheblue » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am

We can not go into next season expecting Vinny to play week in week out, he needs to be managed and his games need to be selected for him, it would be very foolish to over rely on him. We have to get another centre back, we need 4 good centre backs and we do not have 4. Surely we will bring in someone.

It would be a good idea if he retired from international football.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby freshie » Wed May 17, 2017 5:09 pm

For me Vinny's comeback has been the highlight of the end of a season where we have had to settle for fighting for the Wenger Trophy. Without doubt our best defender and I dread to think where our top 4 aspirations would be had he not been fit for the run-in. We were shambolic at the back once he went off last night - that tells you all you need to know about his importance to the team. I have no doubt that had he been fit all season we would have given Chelsea a proper title fight and would probably be champions
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 pm

freshie wrote:For me Vinny's comeback has been the highlight of the end of a season where we have had to settle for fighting for the Wenger Trophy. Without doubt our best defender and I dread to think where our top 4 aspirations would be had he not been fit for the run-in. We were shambolic at the back once he went off last night - that tells you all you need to know about his importance to the team. I have no doubt that had he been fit all season we would have given Chelsea a proper title fight and would probably be champions

Which is why the most important player to sign next season, is a similar player with an excellent history of non injuries.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 17, 2017 5:45 pm

We really need him to be.

No one can have his impact on the back at the moment. Not even Bonucci. Stay fit and I am certain Stones and even Otamendi (even if he is shit) can become better with him
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Which is why the most important player to sign next season, is a similar player with an excellent history of non injuries.

Who would that be then?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Which is why the most important player to sign next season, is a similar player with an excellent history of non injuries.

Who would that be then?

Jonny Evans ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 pm

City64 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Who would that be then?

Jonny Evans ?

PMSL.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Who would that be then?

Just a thought, but would someone like Simon Kjaer be worth considering ??

He's still in his (late) twenties and, playing in Turkey, we might not have to break the Bank to get him.

I've mentioned this before but, personally, I wouldn't mind Fernandhino being tried out at centre-back and, as well as these two options, I'd like to see us make a determined attempt to sign Bonucci (which might break the Bank).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Wed May 17, 2017 6:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:We really need him to be.

No one can have his impact on the back at the moment. Not even Bonucci. Stay fit and I am certain Stones and even Otamendi (even if he is shit) can become better with him

Totally agree. Don't think there is a defender on the planet who could offer us the leadership and inspirational qualities that Vinny does. There may be CBs who are as good and perhaps better than Vinny, but he offers us so much more than being a great defender. Like Zaba his blood is blue - you can't buy that
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 am

freshie wrote:

Totally agree. Don't think there is a defender on the planet who could offer us the leadership and inspirational qualities that Vinny does. There may be CBs who are as good and perhaps better than Vinny, but he offers us so much more than being a great defender. Like Zaba his blood is blue - you can't buy that[/quote]

Sorry mate......but we did!....both Zaba and Vinnie. As we did years ago with Tony Book and to some extent, Dave Watson.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu May 18, 2017 4:52 am

freshie wrote:

Totally agree. Don't think there is a defender on the planet who could offer us the leadership and inspirational qualities that Vinny does. There may be CBs who are as good and perhaps better than Vinny, but he offers us so much more than being a great defender. Like Zaba his blood is blue - you can't buy that

Leadership is something that comes naturally to some people and others will never get it. It can't be taught much as men will quickly realize if someone is trying it. Vinnie is obviously exceptional leader, probably one of the best in the world of football. However when people say that they want Kompany replaced with similar player they are talking about his football talent. Positioning, heading, tackling and marking.

We need ledership from someone in the squad. Doesn't have to be Kompany's replacement. We DESPERATELY need young Kompany clone and that (+goalkeeper) should be where the most money this summer should go.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 am

When Vinny was Born, did the doctor say I can see the head, it's massive,,, holy shit it is fookin massive get the needle and cotton nurse.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby littlebig » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Agree with OP, we look a different outfit with VK playing. Such a massive player for us.

I'd be hopeful he can contribute next season but as others have said, we can't rely on his being fit.

IMO we have three top (potentially in Ota's case) centre backs and only need to buy if we don't have a decent youth coming through.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby freshie » Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 pm

john68 wrote:
freshie wrote:

Totally agree. Don't think there is a defender on the planet who could offer us the leadership and inspirational qualities that Vinny does. There may be CBs who are as good and perhaps better than Vinny, but he offers us so much more than being a great defender. Like Zaba his blood is blue - you can't buy that[/quote]

Sorry mate......but we did!....both Zaba and Vinnie. As we did years ago with Tony Book and to some extent, Dave Watson.

OK you got me there. What I should have said is that players of their ilk are hard to buy!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
freshie wrote:

Leadership is something that comes naturally to some people and others will never get it. It can't be taught much as men will quickly realize if someone is trying it. Vinnie is obviously exceptional leader, probably one of the best in the world of football. However when people say that they want Kompany replaced with similar player they are talking about his football talent. Positioning, heading, tackling and marking.

We need ledership from someone in the squad. Doesn't have to be Kompany's replacement. We DESPERATELY need young Kompany clone and that (+goalkeeper) should be where the most money this summer should go.

Maybe, but now that Zaba has left I can't think of anyone else in the current squad who could take on that role and excel in it like Vinny has done. So until Vinny's body has decided that it has had enough it will be him
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Anyone know the tally of goals conceded since Kompany came back and has played like 7 in a row or whatever it is?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum