vinnie reborn?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: vinnie reborn?

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed May 24, 2017 6:29 pm

goes to show if we had him fit all season where we would be in the league. comes back and we barely concede.

can't believe the naysayers this season while he as injured.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wooders » Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 am

MilnersJaw wrote:goes to show if we had him fit all season where we would be in the league. comes back and we barely concede.

I don't recall anyone questioning his talent
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby aaron bond » Thu May 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Wooders wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:goes to show if we had him fit all season where we would be in the league. comes back and we barely concede.

I don't recall anyone questioning his talent

Exactly.

Everyone knows Vinny is an excellent defender but due to injuries he cannot be relied upon.

All City fans would love nothing more than for him to lead our defence next season but his injury record suggests its unlikely. We need to assume he won't be fit and ensure we have suitable cover. We already know Otamendi is useless as a leader and Stones' performances this season suggest he will need to make significant improvements to his game to become the top class defender a fee of almost 50m expects. For me, he's nowhere near the required level but I expected that after watching him at Everton for 3 years. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Either way, we need a minimum of 1 centre back this summer, probably 2.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu May 25, 2017 5:55 pm

well if we're being honest, vinnie was often fairly sh1t last season when he played and much of the season prior. he went through a spell where he was constantly diving in and giving away silly fouls. for whatever reason - perhaps fitness related, perhaps not - he's looked much more like himself this season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum