Retrospective bans for diving set to be introduced by FA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Retrospective bans for diving set to be introduced by FA

Postby bigblue » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Its panel will consist of one former match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

Aka slippy g, whiskey nose, and howard webb. I have full confidence the FA will handle this correctly
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Can't say I'm a fan to be honest. Sane's booking the other day v WBA being the perfect case in point. Not a dive: he was clearly touched, which although I fully agree wasn't enough to award a penalty kick, was enough to send a player running at full pelt off balance and therefore go sprawling. Would that be rescinded? No, of course it wouldn't be. Similar story in the game away at Boro where he was accused of diving by the MotD pundits. Running at pace and being clipped, even slightly, will put a player off balance. I for one am getting concerned the media are going to start to portray Sane as a diver which he certainly is not.

Who will oversee these retrospective bans? The referees association? The FA? Ex players who will most probably be rags, dippers etc, rather like the pundits we have to endure who are biased towards their old clubs? I am not convinced the playing field will be level.

Obvious dives where the player appeals are what needs to be rooted out. But in all honesty these are few and far between these days and a good referee will spot these anyway. The cynic in me thinks this could just be another stick we are beaten with
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm

bigblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Its panel will consist of one former match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

Aka slippy g, whiskey nose, and howard webb. I have full confidence the FA will handle this correctly

Those were my thoughts as well, except I was reckoning it would be deadhead Shearer instead of Slippy G.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 pm

In principle it's good but if they are going to do this then they need also remove any yellows that were given falsely and admit they got it wrong so players don't get marked as a diver
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm

So who is going to decide what is a dive and what isn't?!

How can you prove someone dived? Sanè the other night got taken out on the edge of the box and was booked for diving. As the commentator said he was legging it full pelt and a simple brush could send him off course. How can they prove anything?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Mase wrote:So who is going to decide what is a dive and what isn't?!

How can you prove someone dived? Sanè the other night got taken out on the edge of the box and was booked for diving. As the commentator said he was legging it full pelt and a simple brush could send him off course. How can they prove anything?!

Polygraph?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 pm

bigblue wrote:

How many ex players and ex managers get BLATANT fuckign decisions against us wrong????? even when they can see the fuckign video evidence they still get it wrong.

It should be the same fuckign referee that reffed that particular game who decides....noone else.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Polygraph?

It's only 99.9% certain.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dwaring wrote:I like the idea but this just seems like another way for the FA to screw us over. We'll be getting bans, while the rags and dippers are allowed to skirt past the rules per usual.

My thoughts as well.

In our case, it's penalties not being given when our players have been hacked down so that won't change.

Worse MC. We can be hit on the double. No penalty and a ban.
Have to say in theory I like the idea but if past performance has anything to do with current form, I wouldn't trust The FA, not to abuse the extra power it would give.

You would still have the slanted media view, putting out a non-stop loop of whatever agenda driven footage they decide is worthy of consideration, while completely ignoring that which doesn't suit their point of view.
Do you believe the FA don't succumb to this kind of pressure?

This was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard about these new regulations. Just gives the FA another way of screwing us over
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 pm

I see Sky are showing a clip of the penalty Sane won against Boro to accompany their reporting of this story, cunts.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I see Sky are showing a clip of the penalty Sane won against Boro to accompany their reporting of this story, cunts.

Surprise surprise
Original Dub

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri May 19, 2017 12:27 am

In a nutshell Mase.

In the majority of cases only the player knows. They are so clever at instigating contact too. It will be subjective and not a matter of fact. This will be used to help the Sky 4 probably. It certainly could be.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

In a nutshell Mase.

In the majority of cases only the player knows. They are so clever at instigating contact too. It will be subjective and not a matter of fact. This will be used to help the Sky 4 probably. It certainly could be.

Surely it can only be a dive if they appeal at the time? Sterling has been booked for 'diving' when he's just been knocked off the ball and got straight back up without appealing.

Like you say, they're doing it to benefit the Sky 4.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm

In an ideal world, a great idea. But only a great idea because we don't live in an ideal world; in the FA's perverse world this will just be yet another underhand tool used to favour the red and London teams.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edge275 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:20 pm

It's a great idea in a non corrupt system.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I see Sky are showing a clip of the penalty Sane won against Boro to accompany their reporting of this story, cunts.

Surprise surprise

Infuckigncredible....(but only to non believers)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 am

Even the anticipation of contact with a defender can alter a player's balance, can someone please connect the dots to my point here.

I am far too hungover to get the job done.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 am

No need to Slim, your point is well made.

As I have no trust whatsoever in out football institutions, anything that gives them more power, only gives them more power to follow their own agendas.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum