Iheanacho Gone!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Iheanacho Off?

Postby Dubciteh » Fri May 19, 2017 8:27 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:good money for a 33 year old

Why does this borderline racist joke always make me laugh?

Anyways, selling him outright would be fucking stupid beyond belief. IHEANACHO IS 20 YEARS OLD. I don't give a shit if he had "down year" or was struggling to learn Pep's fairly soohisticated system. He was tactically very raw to begin with. Making stupid runs and being completely unable to conservate his energy. HOWEVER, he has four things that can't be taught at adult age anymore: pace, natural eye for goal, spatial awareness and good first touch for a striker.I sometimes wonder how much people understand raw talent and what can and what can not be taught to adult player.

He is the kind of player that needs WORK. He has enough talent to make it but needs help as does any 20 year old. He already has 48 apps and 12 goals for us, both amazing tallies, and they weren't by accident. The main things he lack are all the kind GOOD COACHES AND MANAGER can teach: off the ball movement, timing his runs, tactical eye (when to press, when not to press, when to drop, when to spread the ball and when to dribble), upper body strength.

I actually dont think he was that bad this season. He was thrown in randomly here and there and even when started was the first one taken off for no apparant reason. Very difficult to build up any momentum in those cases yet he still scored a few goals. I think he is better than Rashford and we would be mad to sell, loan out for sure but no way sell. I would fancy Iheanacho to last longer than Pep tbh.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 am

Iheanacho Off ! "Don't you swear at me !"
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Fri May 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Pep can fuck off if we sell him. Best ratio in premium history. Has the odd down game cos he starts 1 game every 6 months
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Nick wrote:Pep can fuck off if we sell him. Best ratio in premium history. Has the odd down game cos he starts 1 game every 6 months

I'd quite like to know what he could do with a run of games behind him too, before we sell him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Nick wrote:Pep can fuck off if we sell him. Best ratio in premium history. Has the odd down game cos he starts 1 game every 6 months

I'd quite like to know what he could do with a run of games behind him too, before we sell him.

+ 1.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

+ 1.

As a thought, who would that be in place of? Aguero? Sane? Sterling? Jesus?

Don't get me wrong, I like him. But, and this is the crux of the matter for me, whenever he has started he has looked slightly out of his depth. He looks better coming on as a substitute against tired legs. Not unlike Solksjaer at the swamp. I know he is young and he certainly has time on his side. But centre forward is the most important position on the field as they are expected to score the lions share of the teams goals and can we afford to allocate that time? As a lone forward flanked by two wide men, for arguments sake Sane and Jesus then arguably not as I don't see him scoring at the level as consistently as Aguero does. If we were to adapt somewhat and play two strikers in partnership as in a 442 for example then I can see him being great foil for an Aguero or Jesus as a partner.

Given he has not featured all that much in 2017 then one must assume Pep for whatever reason doesn't fancy him too much. Assuming the deal is acceptablewithbsuch clauses as sell on fees or buy back options and we don't get our usual dry bumming, then selling him is probably the correct thing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
phips wrote:if we can get 20M or more then definitely sell him, but put in a good buyback clause.

I agree. Loan deals seem to have turned into value dumps more often than not in the last couple of years.

The weird thing about Nacho for me is that he never was able to transfer his playmaking and general all-round play from the youth setup (EDS, but also Nigeria) to the first team. Apart from his fantastic goal record, he always seemed kind of sluggish to me.

He is only 20 mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

+ 1.

As a thought, who would that be in place of? Aguero? Sane? Sterling? Jesus?

Don't get me wrong, I like him. But, and this is the crux of the matter for me, whenever he has started he has looked slightly out of his depth. He looks better coming on as a substitute against tired legs. Not unlike Solksjaer at the swamp. I know he is young and he certainly has time on his side. But centre forward is the most important position on the field as they are expected to score the lions share of the teams goals and can we afford to allocate that time? As a lone forward flanked by two wide men, for arguments sake Sane and Jesus then arguably not as I don't see him scoring at the level as consistently as Aguero does. If we were to adapt somewhat and play two strikers in partnership as in a 442 for example then I can see him being great foil for an Aguero or Jesus as a partner.

Given he has not featured all that much in 2017 then one must assume Pep for whatever reason doesn't fancy him too much. Assuming the deal is acceptablewithbsuch clauses as sell on fees or buy back options and we don't get our usual dry bumming, then selling him is probably the correct thing

When Aguero is out through injury, perhaps - just perhaps - a front three of Nacho, Jesus and Sané might be an interesting proposition.

Who knows until it's tried and if Nacho goes, it won't materialise.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 21, 2017 12:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Sell him with a good buy back clause, and I'm happy. He needs game time, which he won't get under Pep (square peg in a round hole). If he develops his game - or if we change our footballing philosophy - we can get him back.

Agree with this.

Yeah well said Nooly.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Sun May 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Sell him with a good buy back clause, and I'm happy. He needs game time, which he won't get under Pep (square peg in a round hole). If he develops his game - or if we change our footballing philosophy - we can get him back.

Agree with this.

Yeah well said Nooly.

Agree. The lad needs to play and we need to be able to recall him if he then continues to perform and improve.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Iheanacho Orf?

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:46 am

Man City Striker Iheanacho May Be Jailed For Two Years In America - Report
Published: August 01, 2017

Kelechi Iheanacho could be jailed for two years in the United States if he is found guilty of misleading a court in Pennsylvania.

According to The Sun , the Manchester City striker filed pleadings that denied he knew or spent time with Henry Galeano, his former agent before he signed with Stellar Group.

Iheanacho claimed Galeano was an alias used by First Eleven Management co-owner Robert Zanicky.

The British daily has published photographs of the Nigeria international together with Galeano and Zanicky, which destroyed his arguments that Galeano and Zanicky are the same person.
Under Pennsylvania Law, if it is found Iheanacho knowingly tried to mislead the court, he could be charged with unsworn falsification — which, if found guilty, carries a penalty of up to two years in prison.

Henry Galeano claims he became Iheanacho's agent in July 2013, four months before he picked up the best player award of the Fifa U17 World Cup.

The 20-year-old's transfer to Leicester City is being delayed because of the legal issues.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 am

a dodgy nigerian?!
well i never....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 am

Nacho should say in his defence that 'they all look the same'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

not the brightest lad is he.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 am

The real reason he missed the tour!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am

Storm in a tea cup
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:38 am

Stopped reading at 'According to the Sun'.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:good money for a 33 year old

:lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Stopped reading at 'According to the Sun'.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Storm in a tea cup

We rely on PD & DH to bring a sense of proper perspective to these matters :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Storm in a tea cup

This.