Guardiola V Mourinho.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Guardiola V Mourinho.

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun May 21, 2017 8:41 am

No contest…………. Is there ?

Admittedly its not been a great season for us, some of our football hasn’t been great to watch. However some of it has been great to watch, even when we have been shit, some of it has still wierdly been entertaining, our problems have been more down to personnel being unable to adapt to what Guardiola has been trying to instil in them, or simply dire finishing. That’s my major gripe with Guardiola this season, trying to indoctrinate a philosophy on to a team where it was obvious a lot of them would be shown the door after today’s game. Personally I think this approach had a detrimental effect on our season. A bit more pragmatism I think it would have worked out much better for us. Still what’s done, is done.

Comparing us to Mourinho, and the RAGS. I have watched a lot of their games on Sky/BT this season. I honestly can’t remember a worse RAGS side to watch on TV. They really have been appalling. The RAGS football is dull, insipid, it’s like watching paint dry. Their style reminds me of the old Wimbledon AFC style. Cowardly park the Bus, anti-football at its best, choking the shit out of the beautiful game. This is what their bleak future holds under Mourinho. Can you imagine having to watch that shit being served up week in week out next season ? "again". I reckon it will affect their player recruitment if it comes down to a straight choice between us, and them. For all Guardiola faults you can see what he is trying to do, if it works it will be a sight to behold. If not, then I am still glad we took the chance on him rather than Mourinho.

What ever happens today, hopefully we will finish 3rd, if its 4th then so be it. I am still happy we will be starting next season under Guardiola, rather than the stale Mourinho, at least we have hope. What do the RAGS have under him ?.If they fuck up against Ajax next week they can look forward to another season in the Europa sending people to sleep dribbling over their Prawn butties. :D :D :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Guardiola V Mourinho.

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 21, 2017 8:50 am

I laughed when moaning maureen rocked up at the swamp, it was obvious what was coming and hasn't failed to deliver.

I cannot feel sorry for their fans but what they are having to watch is a far cry from what they have been used to and long may it continue.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 am

That mourinho cunt has become completely bitter amd angry with life. There's not one ounce of charisma left in him.
And his football "style" is atrocious.

I agree with a lot of the OP but pep had to play his way from the start. He couldn't change style to suit some of the outgoing players. That would have juat left us a season behind with regards to growing within the system.

Here's a thought- next season we'll be better suited to pep's style.

And next season the rags will be better suited to jose's :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 21, 2017 11:40 am

CTID Hants wrote:I laughed when moaning maureen rocked up at the swamp, it was obvious what was coming and hasn't failed to deliver.

I cannot feel sorry for their fans but what they are having to watch is a far cry from what they have been used to and long may it continue.

I'm probably biased CTID, but I still don't think that the Scum's football has been very attractive to watch for a number of decades now.

Back in the 1990s I had the misfortune of having to work with a Scum fan and I used to argue with him about this. I always told him that they were just a long ball outfit and the only 'defence' he could offer to this was that they were "long passes".

If the quality of their football was better under FergusScum than of late, it's only a very marginal difference to my mind.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:03 pm

I reckon Mourinho would fight dirty but ultimately Pep would knock the bollocks out of him.....,

Oh! Football!
Stupid debate. No contest.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 21, 2017 3:58 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I reckon Mourinho would fight dirty but ultimately Pep would knock the bollocks out of him.....,

Oh! Football!

I think Pep's fight would be a lot like his football philosophy - tip tap around Mourinho with a low guard looking for an opening before unleashing an intricate series of punches ahead of a knockout blow. Meanwhile Mourinho would try one or two long range haymakers to no effect before being knocked spark out, then complain to the referee about whatever he could think of once he'd regained conciousness.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Not trying to be daft, but didn't you go on some big rants here about Pep a month ago or so, saying you wish Mancini was here instead?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 pm

PrezIke wrote:Not trying to be daft, but didn't you go on some big rants here about Pep a month ago or so, saying you wish Mancini was here instead?

If you're meaning me, then no. Check my posting history. I kept quiet when people were venting about our slump.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Dameerto wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Not trying to be daft, but didn't you go on some big rants here about Pep a month ago or so, saying you wish Mancini was here instead?

If you're meaning me, then no. Check my posting history. I kept quiet when people were venting about our slump.

Sorry mate, that was meant for zabbadabbado.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun May 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I think you are twisting words just a little bit there mate.

I said I thought it was a mistake getting rid of Mancini when we did. That in my opinion it cost us Trophies/Titles..

I think that is a little bit different to wishing he was here still.

We have had a good finish to the season last few weeks.3rd position is quite good considering. Remember though Guardiola has still won fuck al,. Failing even to emulate his predecessor success who was loving refereed to by some as a Corpse,

Mancini was a very successful manager for us. Under him we won our first title,and ripped down the banner at the Swamp. Mancini has his name in our history books,.

Guardiola doesn't “yet”. Hopefully that will change
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 22, 2017 5:29 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

I said I thought it was a mistake getting rid of Mancini when we did. That in my opinion it cost us Trophies/Titles..

We have had a good finish to the season last few weeks.3rd position is quite good considering. Remember though Guardiola has still won fuck al,. Failing even to emulate his predecessor success who was loving refereed to by some as a Corpse,

Mancini was a very successful manager for us. Under him we won our first title,and ripped down the banner at the Swamp. Mancini has his name in our history books,.

Fair response mate. We disagree about Mancini, as I don't think his style of management/media handling is suited to changes in how to successfully man managem players and their egos/salaries/power in top leagues despite this style appeallng to fans. Yet, whilst we have not won anything this season when you compare us to Utd, even if they win two trophies, I'd still say our fans have more right to feel far more optimistic going into next season than theirs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 pm

no contest between pep and borinho but....
i wish just wish pep had played the hand he'd been dealt this season
we had the bones of a good team and with the right selection, tactics and mindset we would have won the league. i honestly believe that we'd be celebrating right now if we'd had conte in charge
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Pep can be a twat at times, but Mourinho is always a c*nt
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:Pep can be a twat at times, but Mourinho is always a c*nt

No ! He is a massive cunt pal managing a bunch of cunts :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I reckon Mourinho would fight dirty but ultimately Pep would knock the bollocks out of him.....,

Oh! Football!

I think Pep's fight would be a lot like his football philosophy - tip tap around Mourinho with a low guard looking for an opening before unleashing an intricate series of punches ahead of a knockout blow. Meanwhile Mourinho would try one or two long range haymakers to no effect before being knocked spark out, then complain to the referee about whatever he could think of once he'd regained conciousness.

Brilliant.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon May 22, 2017 8:40 pm

I'd sooner fail with Pep than succeed with Maureen. With Pep you get the idea that he believes that football can be. should be, glorious and inspiring. With Maureen it just becomes a boring, utilitarian grind - no joy in winning, just the aweful realisation that you have to do it all again
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I'd sooner fail with Pep than succeed with Maureen. With Pep you get the idea that he believes that football can be. should be, glorious and inspiring. With Maureen it just becomes a boring, utilitarian grind - no joy in winning, just the aweful realisation that you have to do it all again

Absolutely.

If every team played like Mourinho's sides, there'd be no more football.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I'd sooner fail with Pep than succeed with Maureen. With Pep you get the idea that he believes that football can be. should be, glorious and inspiring. With Maureen it just becomes a boring, utilitarian grind - no joy in winning, just the aweful realisation that you have to do it all again

Bang on.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby freshie » Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

The thing is the Premier League has become so much more competitive in the period between Mancini's league triumph and the appointment of Pep. Whether this is due to the substantially greater influx of money in the intervening period as well as shrewd management and player acquisition in that time (e.g. Spurs and Chelsea) is debatable however the fact remains. Pep came into this season with a naivety about the Premier league and a single-mindedness to impose his style of play on the current squad, despite the fact that it was beyond a lot of them and conversely requiring a change in mentality of some of the capable old guard, many of whom have shown the class and adaptability to play in this style. This season was always going to be a transitional one as Pep's style of play is alien to these shores and to our players. He could have taken the easy route and compromised his ideals for us to achieve short term success but I believe it is better to look at the bigger picture as Pep has done, sacrificing short term success to lay the foundations for a blueprint that will serve us in years to come in our aspirations to dominate world football. You have to admire a man who believes in his principles (the same ones that have brought him success wherever he has been) with a long term view. It is an arrogant trait amongst us Brits to simply say that The Premier League is like no other - well, maybe that's why English teams have been so poor in Europe over the last 10 seasons. With the right personnel and the right implementation of his philosophy I am sure that we will achieve the success we desire under Pep. Yes, he has made mistakes over the course of the season, the goalkeeping one being one that sticks out like a sore thumb, but even Pep has been man enough to admit he has made mistakes and during our 10 game winning streak at the start of the season he tried to temper the expectations of the fans and especially the media, who thought we would run away with the league. The same media who were waiting for him to mess up - there's one thing about British mentality - we love to put people on a pedestal and the only thing we love more than that is to knock them down off it, as if to say 'You thought you could come here and revolutionise our football but we had the last laugh you charlatan'

Anyone who thought Pep would walk in here and make a clean sweep of things is deluded. You only have to look over at Salford to find a club who hired one of England's most successful managers, spent a shitload of money and still got it massively wrong. This is Pep's first season in a foreign league, with arguably the worst squad he has ever had. He has the chance to improve next season and with the right signings I have every faith he will do so. Those of you who criticise him when he says that we are not at the level of your Reals, Barças or Bayerns need to take a reality check. He is right - these clubs have a huge European pedigree being multiple Chumps League winners with global fanbases and referees who gift the decisions that turn losses into draws and draws into victories. We are getting to that elite table of football but need a Chumps League win to get close to cementing a place there

Let's get rid of a lot of deadwood this summer, sign the players who will take us to that next level and get behind our beloved City! Fuck the negativity spread by some doom'n'gloomers on this site. If you can't enjoy City now then you might as well stop watching football
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 am

Lets just hope Ajax can score 1st.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel