*** Watford v City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Watford v City official match thread***

Postby Tony P » Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Just nicked this off the BBC

Lil' old Citeh become the PL team with the current longest consecutive seasons in the CL. Small victories an' all.

Never realised that, probably because I've never thought about it, but it certainly shows how far we've come.

Crikey, if I'd been asked that, without thinking I'd have probably opted for Arsenal.

It's a funny old world.

It's only not Arsenal from today.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 21, 2017 10:07 pm

It's hard to say this, but that ended so flat for me. I'm being completely greedy, but we're 5 up and cruising so we take off a bunch of our best players and bring on guys we know are on the way out to stop scoring? Why?

This season has been a bit of a downer, why not go out with a bang and let them play? All season I've been bemoaning Pep taking so long to make subs when we need them, today he popped up early when we didn't. We really could have scored 8 without much hassle today and chose not to. I don't get it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby freshie » Sun May 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Just be glad you're not an Arsenal fan
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Sun May 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Additions:

1) I'm sounding a pep hater but his deflection about how we don't have united and Liverpools history of being in the chumps is pissing me off. You didn't bring us anything you, you've under performed vs. lower profile managers before you

2) chuckle was saying teams feel bad when there trouncing teams :s. Always winds me up when we're 4, 5 up then stop. Scoring goals isn't humiliating teams
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:It's hard to say this, but that ended so flat for me. I'm being completely greedy, but we're 5 up and cruising so we take off a bunch of our best players and bring on guys we know are on the way out to stop scoring? Why?

This season has been a bit of a downer, why not go out with a bang and let them play? All season I've been bemoaning Pep taking so long to make subs when we need them, today he popped up early when we didn't. We really could have scored 8 without much hassle today and chose not to. I don't get it.

Had me perplexed today too PBL, it's not like any of them have games to play, that said maybe Sane coming off was a good call, that Okaka was likely going to injur him IMHO
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:It's hard to say this, but that ended so flat for me. I'm being completely greedy, but we're 5 up and cruising so we take off a bunch of our best players and bring on guys we know are on the way out to stop scoring? Why?

Had me perplexed today too PBL, it's not like any of them have games to play, that said maybe Sane coming off was a good call, that Okaka was likely going to injur him IMHO

I agree, id have brought nacho or Sterling on for him and told the rest to sit down!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 21, 2017 11:57 pm

I agree with this and said it to myself when he made those changes.....No need , no fuckign need imo and the game turned flat when he did it.

Spurs trounced Hull 7 nil..following on from their 6 -1 last week...licence to batter those teams whereas we take off our best goal threats.....bizarre.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 22, 2017 5:31 am

Navas, Sagna and Nacho - maybe he wanted to give them a run out as a chance to say goodbye to the fans.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Navas, Sagna and Nacho - maybe he wanted to give them a run out as a chance to say goodbye to the fans.

i thought navas had been offered an extension?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:41 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Navas, Sagna and Nacho - maybe he wanted to give them a run out as a chance to say goodbye to the fans.

I don't know about that, but it looked like a few goodbyes to me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby littlebig » Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

I don't know about that, but it looked like a few goodbyes to me.

That's what I thought as well. Give some of these lads a chance to say goodbye.

The score didn't matter, we had secured 3rd place so didn't matter how many we scored.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon May 22, 2017 1:37 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

You are not on your own mate, I thought the same thing.

We could easily have scored 8,9. He takes of all our best players and totally ruins the second half. He will probably say he wanted to give everyone an outing.This after spending a whole season making 80+ minutes Subs,

I also saw him warmly embracing the Watford player Okaka at the end of the game he was trying to kick the living shit out of Jesus all second half. I wondered what the fuck that was about tbh. Reminded me a bit of Guardiola love in with Sanchez after he was mocking our fans after scoring in the Cup. Might just be me, I just get the feeling Guardiola really don’t like us that much, he thinks he is doing us a big favour just by being here, constantly referring to us as a small club with no history, always gesticulating to sing more etc.I am finding it very had to like the guy.

Worth remembering though, Red Nose was one of the biggest cunts in the game and won lots of Pots for the RAGS.Point being no one will give a shit about his little City references,and bitching if he has half the success. Big next season for Guardiola.He just used up his free pass.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum