GONE!?!?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GONE!!!

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 am

Yaya Touré: "I want to go on until the end and the best way is going to be stopping football with City. That would be the best way for me."

ominous for those who'd like to see him offered another contract with us
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 am

Apparently Navas has already agreed to go to Seville. I don't think he will stay just for 1 year when he has a longer offer back home.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 am

Wonderwall wrote:Apparently Navas has already agreed to go to Seville. I don't think he will stay just for 1 year when he has a longer offer back home.

He's definitely gone mate.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:HART 30.06.2019
BRAVO 30.06.2020
ZABBA
SAGNA
CLICHY
MANGALA 30.06.2019
NASRI 30.06.2019
ZUCCULINI 30.06.2019
BONY 30.06.2019
NAVAS
NACHO 30.06.2021
FERNANDO 30.06.2019
DENAYER 30.06.2020
DELPH 30.06.2020
NOLITO 30.06.2020

Good luck getting rid of that lot. Looks like another loananza to me.

just for the sake of completeness - here are the contract end dates for the young players on my list who I'm guessing will follow Billy O'Brien to permanent new pastures.
MAFFEO -- 30.6.19
ANGELINO-- 30.6.19
NTCHAM-- 30.6.20
BARKER -- 30.6.20
FAUPALA -- 30.6.18
HORSFIELD --30.6.18
MANU GARCIA -- 30.6.20

several others may well leave for good before next season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manches ... 016/plus/1
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Yaya Touré: "I want to go on until the end and the best way is going to be stopping football with City. That would be the best way for me."

That's possibly the worst bit of selective quoting I've seen this month and that's including the bile about the election in the Tory press!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Socrates wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Yaya Touré: "I want to go on until the end and the best way is going to be stopping football with City. That would be the best way for me."

That's possibly the worst bit of selective quoting I've seen this month and that's including the bile about the election in the Tory press!

It's a corker isn't it :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Clichy seemingly announced his departure, not exactly a surprise.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Gael Clichy has announced his departure from Manchester City .

The 31-year-old defender, out of contract this summer, told supporters on Monday that he will not be at the club next season.

Clichy joined the club from Arsenal in 2011 and has enjoyed two Premier League title wins in his time at the Etihad as well as a couple of league cup triumphs.

Aleks Kolarov's move to central defence made the Frenchman the only senior left-back at the club this season. He made 39 appearances, including 11 starts in a row in March and April.

Clichy becomes the second full-back to reveal his exit in as many weeks following Pablo Zabaleta. With Bacary Sagna's contract also up, it emphasises that Pep Guardiola will have to prioritise the position in a summer transfer window he does not expect to be easy .

City have looked at Tottenham's Kyle Walker and Arsenal's Hector Bellerin but will have to pay a premium if they are to prise them away from their Premier League rivals.

As well as Sagna, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas are waiting to discover if they will be kept at the club beyond the summer.

Toure has expressed a wish for City to be his last club , suggesting he will sign a contract should he be offered one.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y-13073206
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon May 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Even with Yaya, Otamendi and Sergio staying this could turn out to be a very long list

Good news hopefully. Would love to see him get at least another 10 goals and become our all time top scorer!

Really? I'd rather we won the league next year, with or without him. And if you think Ottamendi is a liability you've not watched us in a while.

I admit he hasn't ducked up in the last couple of games but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon May 22, 2017 7:33 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Gael Clichy has announced his departure from Manchester City .

The 31-year-old defender, out of contract this summer, told supporters on Monday that he will not be at the club next season.

Clichy joined the club from Arsenal in 2011 and has enjoyed two Premier League title wins in his time at the Etihad as well as a couple of league cup triumphs.

Aleks Kolarov's move to central defence made the Frenchman the only senior left-back at the club this season. He made 39 appearances, including 11 starts in a row in March and April.

Clichy becomes the second full-back to reveal his exit in as many weeks following Pablo Zabaleta. With Bacary Sagna's contract also up, it emphasises that Pep Guardiola will have to prioritise the position in a summer transfer window he does not expect to be easy .

City have looked at Tottenham's Kyle Walker and Arsenal's Hector Bellerin but will have to pay a premium if they are to prise them away from their Premier League rivals.

As well as Sagna, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas are waiting to discover if they will be kept at the club beyond the summer.

Toure has expressed a wish for City to be his last club , suggesting he will sign a contract should he be offered one.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y-13073206

All I read in that was Bellerin <3
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I admit he hasn't ducked up in the last couple of games but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Hail said he seems like an accidental footballer, even when he has a good game it's like he forgets who he is.

I thought that summed him up nicely.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 am

We all thought there would be a huge clear out last summer. It didn't happen. Clichy and Zabba have gone. I expect Sagna to also depart. Yaya will hopefully stay. I can see Navas remaining as a back up full back. We are likely to still have on our books Nasri, Fernando, Bony, Mangala, Delph, Hart, Bravo, Denayer. Most will probably be loaned out as was the case this season. Has Nasri done enough for a recall? I always thought he was a Pep type player, comfortable in possession and can score goals.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 am

Navas is off back to Sevilla. Probably offered a two year deal plus guaranteed first team football. The Club will try to shift as many loanees as possible. Need to raise some cash. Hart Bony Mangala and Nasri. Sagna contract ends so there's another gone. Fernando likely to go too. Roberts back though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby littlebig » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 am

Much as we'd all like to see a clear out I don't think there will be one for various reasons.

Always good to get rid of the deadwood and we're all hoping to replace some of them with quality. In my opinion, we're only 3/4 top signings off an incredible team/squad. Full back, full back, centre mid, forward and we're golden.

As an aside, if we continue with policy of stockpiling youths then we will have this ongoing problem of deadwood. We better learn to deal with it and figure out how to offload these lads for decent value.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 am

littlebig wrote:In my opinion, we're only 3/4 top signings off an incredible team/squad. Full back, full back, centre mid, forward and we're golden.

Goalkeeper?
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 am

told ya!!!!!1 :P

hope it means Bravo is offsky but more likely Gunn set to go out on loan
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 pm

johnny crossan wrote:told ya!!!!!1 :P

Thank fuck.

Love Big Willy. A real pro.

Does not moan, does not argue, he is just there when we need him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Caballero might not be 'world class' (whatever that means) or even close to it, but he's reasonably capable and, in the short term and with all the outfield players we need to buy in, I'd be happy for him to continue as our number one.

Even Pep must surely see the difference in abilities between him and Bravo ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Caballero might not be 'world class' (whatever that means) or even close to it, but he's reasonably capable and, in the short term and with all the outfield players we need to buy in, I'd be happy for him to continue as our number one.

I was in Barcelona just last weekend, did the Nou Camp tour, asked the guy his thoughts on Bravo and when he found out I am a City fan he asked me what have we done to Bravo. He couldn't believe that Caballero was getting picked ahead of him.

I responded that I don't know what's happened Bravo, that it seems his reflexes are gone and that Caballero was getting his game on merit, he was bemused to say the least.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I was in Barcelona just last weekend, did the Nou Camp tour, asked the guy his thoughts on Bravo and when he found out I am a City fan he asked me what have we done to Bravo. He couldn't believe that Caballero was getting picked ahead of him.

I responded that I don't know what's happened Bravo, that it seems his reflexes are gone and that Caballero was getting his game on merit, he was bemused to say the least.

Crikey FIBD.

On that basis, it could mean that Pep will continue to persevere with Bravo, in the hope/expectation that he will somehow return to 'normal', as per his previous performances in Spain (whatever they were).

Oh dear and if that's the case, I feel that it doesn't bode too well for us next season. Hope I'm massively wrong and that Bravo somehow rises like the proverbial Phoenix from the ashes.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum