GONE!?!?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GONE!?!?!

Postby littlebig » Sat May 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
john68 wrote:
I think the biggest problem we have offloading players is the wages we pay. Most other teams just can't afford to pay the amounts we do and it is a huge stumbling block.

that used to be the case but I believe we've learned our lesson. Sun reporting that nacho's on only £35k/wk. hammers willing to double it.

From what I've heard we are dealing with this issue, trying to get the averages down.

We did have that unfortunate situation when we had to pay HUGE wages to entice 'big' players here, to up our level.

I'd love to see us on a sensible sustainable wage model.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby zeljeznicar » Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 pm

dzeko finished season like best striker in italy.
29 goals in league + 10 assists
in this season in all games (league, cup, europa league) = 39 goal + 13 assists

he is like wine, when he is older and he is better.
he broke all records and became a legend of rome.

mancity made biggest mistake when released him so cheap :(
i will never get over :cry:
zeljeznicar
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: FC Zeljeznicar
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Mase » Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 pm

zeljeznicar wrote:dzeko finished season like best striker in italy.
29 goals in league + 10 assists
in this season in all games (league, cup, europa league) = 39 goal + 13 assists

he is like wine, when he is older and he is better.
he broke all records and became a legend of rome.

mancity made biggest mistake when released him so cheap :(
i will never get over :cry:

Rolando Bianchi was top shagger in Italy too...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 29, 2017 7:52 am

This is a change of track for the lad. Maybe someone else is coming in or someone is not leaving as expected.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 am

johnny crossan wrote:

This is a change of track for the lad. Maybe someone else is coming in or someone is not leaving as expected.

Fuck him. If he goes he goes. Looks like we've offered him a few different options and he's taken the piss. This years Sturridge. Good luck at a no mark club like Liverpool IF he does go.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Mon May 29, 2017 8:11 am

johnny crossan wrote:

After years of watching Nastasic, Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Kolarov and Stones all struggle at centre back, I honestly can't believe that Tosin couldn't have stepped in this year at times and performed much worse.

Will be a shame to see him go without fully knowing his potential within our side. But if he couldn't get a look in this past season, then it's understandable that he'd want to look elsewhere.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 29, 2017 8:44 am

Could be very wrong here and out of line but I think attitude is probably the driving force for the club. To get in the door at our academy you need to be half decent. To play for the EDS on a regular basis and get into match day squads for the first team you have stepped up a notch or two. The talent undoubtedly is there. So there must be other factors at play.

Are these lads getting too much too soon? Rumours of 20/30/40k a week contracts before they are first teamers. Is the hunger still there?
Are they as dedicated in training as the older pros? Are they willing to adapt to the managers style of play? Rumours Roberts isn't a good trainer are abound and I'm sure he's not the only one. Gone are the days when a player was able to do nothing in the week and rock up on the weekend and play.
Do younger player understand the importance of lifestyle decisions off the pitch? Young lads with cash on the hip and the status they have are surely more likely to fall foul of outside influences, I know I would be.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 29, 2017 10:27 am

nottsblue wrote:Could be very wrong here and out of line but I think attitude is probably the driving force for the club. To get in the door at our academy you need to be half decent. To play for the EDS on a regular basis and get into match day squads for the first team you have stepped up a notch or two. The talent undoubtedly is there. So there must be other factors at play.

Are these lads getting too much too soon? Rumours of 20/30/40k a week contracts before they are first teamers. Is the hunger still there?
Are they as dedicated in training as the older pros? Are they willing to adapt to the managers style of play? Rumours Roberts isn't a good trainer are abound and I'm sure he's not the only one. Gone are the days when a player was able to do nothing in the week and rock up on the weekend and play.
Do younger player understand the importance of lifestyle decisions off the pitch? Young lads with cash on the hip and the status they have are surely more likely to fall foul of outside influences, I know I would be.

Good thought(s) NB.

Perhaps we should consider administering their money for them by investing it and giving them a small weekly allowance ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Could be very wrong here and out of line but I think attitude is probably the driving force for the club. To get in the door at our academy you need to be half decent. To play for the EDS on a regular basis and get into match day squads for the first team you have stepped up a notch or two. The talent undoubtedly is there. So there must be other factors at play.

Good thought(s) NB.

Perhaps we should consider administering their money for them by investing it and giving them a small weekly allowance ??

The Jesus' mother apparently controls his money and gives Gabriel pocket money. That's how it should be done.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Fuck him. If he goes he goes. Looks like we've offered him a few different options and he's taken the piss. This years Sturridge. Good luck at a no mark club like Liverpool IF he does go.

He won't be good enough that's for sure simply from the number of times he gave the ball away in pre season. Not his natural game this Pep business of passing.

BUT a new contract in these cases usually means we get more loan fees and/or a better transfer fee.

So if he has an offer where he will play........
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Great point Nottsblue, but I think the staff at City, as with most clubs, will be well aware of the potential problems. Working and assessing kids on a daily basis, they will have insight, not just about each player's ability but also his attitude as a player and a human being. I am certain that we have seen some very good youngsters cast aside because they failed to prove they had the right mental approach.
On the flip side, there will be those who like Zaba, who are not as naturally gifted but with sheer hard work, guts and motivation, will get through the system, become chosen and go on to have incredible careers for the club.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby bigblue » Tue May 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Apparently Nacho has one foot out the door to West Ham. If true, I'll miss the wonder kid, but also be curious to see how good he actually is if he gets to play week in/week out.

And City, get a but back clause please. From his agent:

” Talks with West Ham are very advanced I must confess, and barring any last minute hiccup he will end up joining them. If not them then any other team in England but not outside England “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He is not interested in a move away from England for now. He is two years away from getting his papers as a citizen, so moving away from England at this time is a non starter particularly as they are interested in him from England.

” That said offers have come in from outside England, but his immediate priority is to stay in England, reasons why the offer from West Ham ticks the right box”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/29/ex ... -join-psg/
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm

bigblue wrote:Apparently Nacho has one foot out the door to West Ham. If true, I'll miss the wonder kid, but also be curious to see how good he actually is if he gets to play week in/week out.

” Talks with West Ham are very advanced I must confess, and barring any last minute hiccup he will end up joining them. If not them then any other team in England but not outside England “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He is not interested in a move away from England for now. He is two years away from getting his papers as a citizen, so moving away from England at this time is a non starter particularly as they are interested in him from England.

” That said offers have come in from outside England, but his immediate priority is to stay in England, reasons why the offer from West Ham ticks the right box”.

I can't be sure but I'm guessing from that that he'd prefer to stay in England.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nickyboy » Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Bloke at works son plays in the academy and he says Tosins agent (who is also is brother I think) had is head turned by Liverpool a few years back and nearly went then and looks certain to go there now
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
bigblue wrote:Apparently Nacho has one foot out the door to West Ham. If true, I'll miss the wonder kid, but also be curious to see how good he actually is if he gets to play week in/week out.

I can't be sure but I'm guessing from that that he'd prefer to stay in England.

It's low on his priorities though :lol:

Joking aside, I hope he does well there he's a nice enough lad
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Bloke at works son plays in the academy and he says Tosins agent (who is also is brother I think) had is head turned by Liverpool a few years back and nearly went then and looks certain to go there now

All the best to the lad, imagine he will have to live with all that 'istory around him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Interesting turn of events as Goal.com had reported that he agreed to a contract already.

Everton was the club that he was allegedly headed to, so also a big eff you to them to go to Liverpool instead (if it happens).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 pm

He'll be playing up front for Liverpool in no time if he goes there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Mase wrote:He'll be playing up front for Liverpool in no time if he goes there.

And taking pens instead of Milner .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 31, 2017 10:52 am

Bye bye Enes, another £12m in the kitty. Was he ever here?

http://turkish-football.com/revealed-vi ... ck-clause/
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum