GONE!?!?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GONE!?!?!

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:not really surprising if true

Pep Guardiola leaves £100m of talent off Manchester City's US tour with Joe Hart among players told to stay home
Pep Guardiola is set to take his Manchester City players on a US pre-season tour
Manager will leave five players at home, including out-of-favour keeper Joe Hart
Wilfried Bony, Eliaquim Mangala, Samir Nasri and Jason Denayer also miss out
Hart has been linked with loan move away but he and club want permanent deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4lu1UzwEv

So much for Bony wanting to stay at City and fight for his place. ;)

Well he might want to, but they probably told him to fuck off.

Meanwhile I see Ruben Sobrino is off (was he ever here?)

:http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/06/manchester-city-continue-shrewd-sales-with-spanish-attacker-to-join-alaves-for-1-75m/

Manchester City will break the £20million mark in sales of players not even close to the first team by selling 25-year-old Spanish forward Rubén Sobrino to Deportivo Alavés.

Alavés have decided to use their option to buy the former Real Madrid academy player for €2million (£1.75million) after a one-year loan spell during which he scored 3 goals in 16 appearances.

Sobrino’s expected sale to Alavés is another sign of City’s maturation as a selling club following years of struggling to sell players for profit and often having to subsidise deals. Enes Ünal joined Villarreal for £12million earlier this summer and Aaron Mooy made his loan move to Huddersfield permanent in a deal that could rise to £10million.

Sobrino will move for a smaller fee of around £1.75million, but one that represents a profit on the £200,000 that City invested to sign him from Ponferradina in 2015. He was initially loaned to partner club Girona to help their push for promotion to La Liga in 2015-16, but after that failed he moved up a league by joining Alavés.

Bigger challenges await City in offloading players in this transfer window, with the likes of Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala, Fernando, Samir Nasri and Wilfried Bony up for sale, but tougher to sell because of their high salaries.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:54 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:not really surprising if true

Pep Guardiola leaves £100m of talent off Manchester City's US tour with Joe Hart among players told to stay home
Pep Guardiola is set to take his Manchester City players on a US pre-season tour
Manager will leave five players at home, including out-of-favour keeper Joe Hart
Wilfried Bony, Eliaquim Mangala, Samir Nasri and Jason Denayer also miss out
Hart has been linked with loan move away but he and club want permanent deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4lu1UzwEv

So much for Bony wanting to stay at City and fight for his place. ;)

Well he might want to, but they probably told him to fuck off.

Meanwhile I see Ruben Sobrino is off (was he ever here?)

:http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/06/manchester-city-continue-shrewd-sales-with-spanish-attacker-to-join-alaves-for-1-75m/

Manchester City will break the £20million mark in sales of players not even close to the first team by selling 25-year-old Spanish forward Rubén Sobrino to Deportivo Alavés.

Alavés have decided to use their option to buy the former Real Madrid academy player for €2million (£1.75million) after a one-year loan spell during which he scored 3 goals in 16 appearances.

Sobrino’s expected sale to Alavés is another sign of City’s maturation as a selling club following years of struggling to sell players for profit and often having to subsidise deals. Enes Ünal joined Villarreal for £12million earlier this summer and Aaron Mooy made his loan move to Huddersfield permanent in a deal that could rise to £10million.

Sobrino will move for a smaller fee of around £1.75million, but one that represents a profit on the £200,000 that City invested to sign him from Ponferradina in 2015. He was initially loaned to partner club Girona to help their push for promotion to La Liga in 2015-16, but after that failed he moved up a league by joining Alavés.

Bigger challenges await City in offloading players in this transfer window, with the likes of Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala, Fernando, Samir Nasri and Wilfried Bony up for sale, but tougher to sell because of their high salaries.

Nice to see us raising a bit of loose change. Makes a change from what has gone on in the past. But the last paragraph will be a true test for the boys in the ivory tower. If we get £75m for that group we will have done well.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:20 am

Toni Duggen has joined Barcelona (ladies of obviously)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 am

Wooders wrote:Toni Duggen has joined Barcelona (ladies of obviously)

Undisclosed fee. Assume any money gets ploughed back into the ladies team and not into the City group as a whole?
nottsblue

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 am

nottsblue wrote:
Wooders wrote:Toni Duggen has joined Barcelona (ladies of obviously)

Undisclosed fee. Assume any money gets ploughed back into the ladies team and not into the City group as a whole?

It's one of the most annoying things about City - we have no idea how the whole 'group' finance thing works or even how it is getting along or how it all fits together.

How much have we heard about Yokohama Marinos lately? Or that new Uruguayan business? We don't even know how NYC fits with Mcfc financially. Is it all for City or is it all a vanity project for the owners with a load of failry stand-alone outfits all benefitting from one brand? All for the overall benefit of the Abu Dhabi business empire.

Was it all constructed to avoid UEFA problems which no longer exist maybe?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 am

I think it's about having people on the ground. It's one thing to have a scout for a country, but another thing entirely to have a coaching network there.

Plus the branding.

I don't really need to explain this do I?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 am

dazby wrote:I think it's about having people on the ground. It's one thing to have a scout for a country, but another thing entirely to have a coaching network there.

Plus the branding.

Give me a run down on Yokohama's contribution to City Group and to Manchester City FC.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:45 am

john@staustell wrote:
dazby wrote:I think it's about having people on the ground. It's one thing to have a scout for a country, but another thing entirely to have a coaching network there.

Plus the branding.

Give me a run down on Yokohama's contribution to City Group and to Manchester City FC.

Nissan
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

True true. More to do with leverage with UEFA too.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:57 am

good luck Gael, you'll need it - ask Darius :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Bye Bruno, that goal in America was emotional!

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/06/man ... o-serie-a/

Bruno Zuculini is finally poised to leave Manchester City after an uneventful three-year stay with the Premier League club, which has seen him head out on loan six times.

After weeks of talks, the 24-year-old Argentine midfielder will turn his one successful loan spell, his half-season stint with Hellas Verona in the last campaign, into a permanent deal by joining the newly-promoted Serie A side on a four-year deal.

Zuculini arrived in Verona today for medical tests, after which it is reported he will sign a four-year contract. It is currently unknown if a transfer fee will be involved for a player who was entering the last 12 months of his Manchester City contract.

Zuculini’s half-season spell at Hellas was his first successful loan deal after underwhelming stints at Valencia, Córdoba, Middlesbrough, AEK Athens (wrecked by injury) and Rayo Vallecano. After disappointing adventures in Spain, England and Greece, the former Argentina under-20 international looks to have found his European home in Verona, where his older brother Franco also plays his club football
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:19 pm

johnny crossan wrote:good luck Gael, you'll need it - ask Darius :)

It will be a totally new experience for Gael to get every call from refs at Erdoğan's club.

And he gets to team up with Adebayor again. Livin' the dream.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

Apart from vehicle manufacture, Nissan are better known for producing pre-fabricated bungalows with bedrooms in the roof space.

There's even an operatic song praising them that Pavarotti sang during the 1990 World Cup.

It was called Nissan Dormer.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

Apart from vehicle manufacture, Nissan are better known for producing pre-fabricated bungalows with bedrooms in the roof space.

There's even an operatic song praising them that Pavarotti sang during the 1990 World Cup.

and welcome mats, for outside the front door......
Nissan Doormats.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

lol, nice MC.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:25 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

and welcome mats, for outside the front door......
Nissan Doormats.

You've returned from your holiday in fine, flowing form IWT........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Plus the branding.

Nissan

lol, nice MC.

+1
nottsblue

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Posted in the rumours thread, but Telegraph reporting we've been offered £12m for Delph by Stoke. West Brom apparently also interested.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:25 pm

ESPNFC saying we are in "advanced talks" with Leicester to sell Nacho for £25m.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:16 pm

25m eh? Blimey
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum