GONE!?!?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GONE!?!?!

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 am

john@staustell wrote:Apparently Nasri is landing in Turkey about now to sign for Antalyaspor
Yay

What a waste.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Apparently Nasri is landing in Turkey about now to sign for Antalyaspor
Yay

What a waste.

My thoughts too. Could have been absolutely class but for a terrible attitude.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby littlebig » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah he's a prick. Glad he's going
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Parting message for us & the club?

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Yay

What a waste.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

It's official, Samir is gone.

Samir Nasri has left City to join Turkish side Antalyaspor on a permanent deal, subject to international clearance.

The French playmaker played 176 times for the Blues, scoring 27 goals and won two Premier League titles, two Capital One Cups and the Community Shield.

Nasri joined City from Arsenal in 2011, making a memorable debut in a 5-1 win away to Tottenham and making a sizeable contribution to the Blues ending a 44-year wait for the top-flight title.

He made a total of 45 appearances in his first campaign, scoring six goals as the Blues clinched the Premier League crown on the final day of the 2011/12 season.

Though his second campaign ended with City losing the 2012/13 FA Cup final to Wigan, Nasri found the net five times and played 38 times.

Nasri was back to his very best in the 2013/14 season, arguably having his best campaign for the Blues as he bagged 11 goals, numerous assists and 46 appearances as Manuel Pellegrini’s side landed a second title in three years.

Nasri scored in the final day win over West Ham and also scored a superb goal as the Blues beat Sunderland 3-1 in the Capital One Cup final, winning the man of the match award in the process.

Though he penned a new five-year deal in July 2014, Nasri would make fewer appearances in the 2014/15 campaign – just 33 – and also only scored three times.

The 2015/16 campaign was ruined by injury and a freak muscular injury left Samir side-lined for five months, returning only for the last few games of the season.

Though he appeared as a sib in Pep Guardiola’s first game in charge against Sunderland the following season, Nasri accepted an offer to join Sevilla on loan for the season on the final day of the transfer window.

He played 30 times for the La Liga side before returning to pre-season training with City during which he played games during the US Tour.

Everybody at the Club wishes Samir good luck in the next chapter of his career and would like to thank him for some fantastic memories.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team ... s-man-city
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 pm

It's reckoned we got £10 million for him. A truly barmy transfer window.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Considering we paid 25m for Arsenal's best player 6 years ago, shows how bonkers the transfer market has gone since then

Remarkable that he played 173 games for us. I truly remember very few of them - think he had a raw deal being stuck out wide when he joined us after having a great season through the middle for Arsenal. Having said that, I suppose he will have known he had to displace Silva and he failed to do it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Such a waste. Must have a seriously poor attitude for no other prem clubs to consider a move. He is a fine player!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Antalyaspor, who are they? Never heard of them. He must have his head completely up his own arse these days, nobody of any consequence wanted him. He only has himself to blame.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tony P » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 pm

173? Bloody hell.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's reckoned we got £10 million for him. A truly barmy transfer window.

3.5 MILLION is also being banded about......whoever you are........you are the fuckign worst negotiator in football history when it comes to selling players....useless cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Such a waste. Must have a seriously poor attitude for no other prem clubs to consider a move. He is a fine player!

You only have to look at his relationship with the French national team down the years to know about his attitude.....

As you say a waste
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's reckoned we got £10 million for him. A truly barmy transfer window.

3.5 MILLION is also being banded about......whoever you are........you are the fuckign worst negotiator in football history when it comes to selling players....useless cunt.

The same negotiator invested around €5m in Mooy, Kelechi and Unal and just received around €50m for the trio.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Yay

What a waste.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

I'm in this camp as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The same negotiator invested around €5m in Mooy, Kelechi and Unal and just received around €50m for the trio.

Bravo....now why dont you name the other players we bought for millions and cannot sell them for more than a few million....go on smart arse....or shall I start you off ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Same club as clichy or is that someone different?

I slagged nasri off for years but im strangely dissapointed in this one. Cant believe prem clib didnt gamble, he would have been a fine short term offer for dippers to replqce coutinho.

Flashes in pre season meant i wouldnt have minded him staying, seems like a waste goin to turkey its a graveyard no one comes back from there. He did provide some great moments for us tho so i have fond memories of him.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Bravo....now why dont you name the other players we bought for millions and cannot sell them for more than a few million....go on smart arse....or shall I start you off ?

Just throwing that out there Carl as the positive side is rarely pointed out.

No need for the narky comments.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just throwing that out there Carl as the positive side is rarely pointed out.

No need for the narky comments.

I look at the whole picture every time and we have a shit history of selling players on..even before the spafia.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

I think the biggest issue with finding a buyer for Nasri is he has that potential ban hanging over his head.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum