93:20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 93:20

Postby dazby » Sat May 27, 2017 12:03 pm

If EVER I get the opportunity to meet one of those players, they will be hugged as hard as Joey hugged Gael.

So good. Just so good.

It's great winning things but nothing will match that. The champions league win could come close, but I doubt it.

Stupendous!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Waited a bit to see this, just finished it now.

Hope there will be more parts to this.

Phew ... How can I start?

I remember that day from start to finish. I did not eat anything until after the game, I was so stressed I couldn't describe. I hated that it was so quiet around here, things were about the local league, etc, not about the last game of the season in the Premier League. The tv shows on the sport channels were about other things, so I spent all day long on the forum and on Twitter.

I remember at some point I was afraid that united might win 10-0 at Sunderland and win the league. I was so stressed, haha, my mind was going off. I remember went at my parents house to see the game because I had a different network provider at that time, so I was not in the mood to watch the games on rivers and have a delay. Not on that day.

Then the game started.

I remember I was sitting in the bed and not on the couch, I was trying to find the perfect place to sit for City. I remember that I sat on the bed at the 6-1 trashing, but also at 0-0 with B`gham one year earlier, so I was trying to find the "win" spot in the room. I am no superstitios, but that day was a totally different situation.
Rooney scored - fucking hell, how the hell that happend? Sunderland were resurrected under O'Neill, fucking get a draw at least.
Then Zaba scored. I erupted, shouted with all my lungs, cursing, etc. This is it, we won the league -

Then a black hole came. I mean it, a really fucking black hole that ended with Mackey celebrated like they won the league and with tears in my eyes. No fucking way, I cannot believe this. I remember that frame with Bobby Manc shouting: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fucking hell to everyone. I find it funny today, but then, at that moment I was like him. For 5 minutes I was cursing and shouting, then I sat on the floor and watched in vain.

At that moment I was towards the end of a relashionship so my gf at the time was texting me and was more and more annyoed by all the nonsense that happend. I was looking at the tv screen and I was genuine trying to understand what is next for us? I have given all hope away. I was just trying to understand how the hell I can survive this? How the hell can I move on after this?

Then Dzeko scored. I was more annoyed now. Typical. The knife was even deeper now. I was blaming the divinity: What have we done to deserve this? How can we suffer like this?

In the background, the stadium was erupting, de Jong just started another chance for us, then the ball goes to Mario and I hear from the other room shouts. My father Is not a City fan, he supports the local Steaua team, but dislikes United, always did, because of Red Nose. So I hear him shout: GOOOAAALL. I feel my heart skipping a beat. I have a tv delay of 1-2 seconds. Before I realise that, I see the ball at Sergio who just passed Taiwo.

After that everything goes blank.

I think I was making sounds like a seal. Trying to shout goal, crying and having no voice at the same time. For 3-4 minutes I was crying my heart out. Cried like a kid. Rivers of tears. The best moment of my entire life. I just hope that at some time, maybe in another lifetime, It will replay that day on a bigger screen and I can watch myself how I acted from the start towards the end of that historic day.

For a foreigner, seeing City as much as I want is something a bit much, time, money and distance play a role, but still I try to get to see them at least once per year. On that day, on 13.05.2012, I was there. Every single fan of City in the world was there, Neil Young kept Serge balanced when Taiwo went at his feet and MVF stopped Paddy Kenny on reaching for that ball. That was divine intervention.

In the words of a gentleman, look what City has done to me, to us. How can we live without them? How can we imagine a life without them?

GET IN!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MUS » Sat May 27, 2017 2:44 pm

I can't believe how I still feel physically sick when I see the QPR goals going in.

What a day
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 am

PeterParker wrote:Waited a bit to see this, just finished it now.

I remember that day from start to finish. I did not eat anything until after the game, I was so stressed I couldn't describe. I hated that it was so quiet around here, things were about the local league, etc, not about the last game of the season in the Premier League. The tv shows on the sport channels were about other things, so I spent all day long on the forum and on Twitter.

I remember at some point I was afraid that united might win 10-0 at Sunderland and win the league. I was so stressed, haha, my mind was going off. I remember went at my parents house to see the game because I had a different network provider at that time, so I was not in the mood to watch the games on rivers and have a delay. Not on that day.

Then the game started.

I remember I was sitting in the bed and not on the couch, I was trying to find the perfect place to sit for City. I remember that I sat on the bed at the 6-1 trashing, but also at 0-0 with B`gham one year earlier, so I was trying to find the "win" spot in the room. I am no superstitios, but that day was a totally different situation.
Rooney scored - fucking hell, how the hell that happend? Sunderland were resurrected under O'Neill, fucking get a draw at least.
Then Zaba scored. I erupted, shouted with all my lungs, cursing, etc. This is it, we won the league -

Then a black hole came. I mean it, a really fucking black hole that ended with Mackey celebrated like they won the league and with tears in my eyes. No fucking way, I cannot believe this. I remember that frame with Bobby Manc shouting: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fucking hell to everyone. I find it funny today, but then, at that moment I was like him. For 5 minutes I was cursing and shouting, then I sat on the floor and watched in vain.

At that moment I was towards the end of a relashionship so my gf at the time was texting me and was more and more annyoed by all the nonsense that happend. I was looking at the tv screen and I was genuine trying to understand what is next for us? I have given all hope away. I was just trying to understand how the hell I can survive this? How the hell can I move on after this?

Then Dzeko scored. I was more annoyed now. Typical. The knife was even deeper now. I was blaming the divinity: What have we done to deserve this? How can we suffer like this?

In the background, the stadium was erupting, de Jong just started another chance for us, then the ball goes to Mario and I hear from the other room shouts. My father Is not a City fan, he supports the local Steaua team, but dislikes United, always did, because of Red Nose. So I hear him shout: GOOOAAALL. I feel my heart skipping a beat. I have a tv delay of 1-2 seconds. Before I realise that, I see the ball at Sergio who just passed Taiwo.

I think I was making sounds like a seal. Trying to shout goal, crying and having no voice at the same time. For 3-4 minutes I was crying my heart out. Cried like a kid. Rivers of tears. The best moment of my entire life. I just hope that at some time, maybe in another lifetime, It will replay that day on a bigger screen and I can watch myself how I acted from the start towards the end of that historic day.

For a foreigner, seeing City as much as I want is something a bit much, time, money and distance play a role, but still I try to get to see them at least once per year. On that day, on 13.05.2012, I was there. Every single fan of City in the world was there, Neil Young kept Serge balanced when Taiwo went at his feet and MVF stopped Paddy Kenny on reaching for that ball. That was divine intervention.

In the words of a gentleman, look what City has done to me, to us. How can we live without them? How can we imagine a life without them?

GET IN!

What a post PP. Loved reading that, thanks for sharing.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Then the game started.

GET IN!

Ditto.

Great post, terrific story and it made compelling reading. The effect that City can have on anyone is quite awe inspiring.

Thanks for that PP.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Few observations from watching 93:20

1. Ned well and truly dispelled the myth he's a City fan
2. Why didn't they interview SwP?!
3. Glad they got Barton on for it
4. Aguero said before his goal the anxiety and nerves were getting the better of him. You forget they're human!
5. Barton has mentioned it before and Ned mentioned it on the video about Mancini going mad and 'losing it'. It's called passion you pair of mongs. Something neither of you have.
6. I love Balo. Telling Micah "Don't worry, we're going to win this!" Crazy guy :')
7. Most of those players that's the best moment they'll ever have in their football career. Glad we could give that to them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Mase wrote:going to win this!" Crazy guy :')

As they pointed out, it is so typical Mario to have just one assist for us. THAT ASSIST.

He was not my favorite by a mile, but I am so glad we had him. Fan favorite without a doubt and well deserved.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 am

I don't know if anyone's seen this video before, I know I haven't, and I thought I'd seen them all.

Watch on youtube.com

Brilliant
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 am

patrickblue wrote:I don't know if anyone's seen this video before, I know I haven't, and I thought I'd seen them all.

Watch on youtube.com

Brilliant

Indeed it was

You can never watch enough of these videos.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:I don't know if anyone's seen this video before, I know I haven't, and I thought I'd seen them all.

Watch on youtube.com

Brilliant

Indeed it was

You can never watch enough of these videos.

I'd been looking for the footage of outside the ground when the Aguero scores for a while.
That one of the reporter outside is great but I'm sure I saw one from an American station before from across the road that I'd love to see again. She was in the process of writing us off when the roar goes I like an earthquake and stops her in her tracks.

That video brought a tear back to my eye. It really summed up every emotion of the day.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Watched it all today, and the Zaba film.

Eyes welling up all round
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:00 am

john@staustell wrote:Watched it all today, and the Zaba film.

After all these years I still find briliant the reaction Cisse had.

Fantastic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 am

PeterParker wrote:

Fantastic.

Half their team were celebrating. SwP was in the changing rooms with the boys celebrating haha. Ned was probably trying to hang himself somewhere.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Fantastic.

Half their team were celebrating. SwP was in the changing rooms with the boys celebrating haha. Ned was probably trying to hang himself somewhere.

I always loved the reaction of the Sunderland fans when the news came through and FergusScum's 'gracious' reaction to that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Fantastic.

I always loved the reaction of the Sunderland fans when the news came through and FergusScum's 'gracious' reaction to that.

YES, YES, YES!

Fantastic reaction, too bad they have such a shit team. But amazing reaction from the fans.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 pm

In the players documentary, Kompany mentions how he made a dummy run just moments before and that momentarily distracts the qpr defense giving Aguero the much needed room to shoot. I have seen the goal hundreds of times and yet this is literally the first time I observed this. It's incredible how such an easy to overlook moment led to the greatest moment of the league's history.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Grandad Rosler » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:39 am

Cheers for that Patrick great watch and loads I hadn't seen in there either. I can to this day remember every emotion and feel lucky to have been at the game to have witnessed it.

Wonder if the guys at city TV could do a job on our other nerve wracking moment in history. It's easy to forget how late we left that too and the impact that had for the club. I for one would love to see a similar doc, players especially...

https://youtu.be/JQV_PFyBLoU

Was at Wembley for that one too. I absolutely love being a city fan for the moments that will live long in our memories.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Then the game started.

GET IN!

Yep, brilliant.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Brilliant

Yep
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Only just got round to watching this. All I remember is watching at home alone, and my brain just didn't process the Aguero goal. Just sat there in total silence, didn't move an inch. It was only when qpr kicked off again I think I understood what had happened and I let out the most bizarre primordial roar I didn't know I could even do. Then full time went and I bounced around the room, still only sort of realising fucking hell lads, we're champions.

Even when dzeko scored, I was just furious. Fucking city, typical fucking city, every single one of you players is a fucking cunt. It was like I'd gone back so many years to the alan ball days, just pure utter disgust.

But then eventually realising we'd done it. Personally, it was a huge moment in my life. I think I'd been too much into city as a youth (if there is such a thing) where failure and mocking of my club had just become a rule of life for dickheads like me. Don't try, you'll only end up embarrassing yourself. And up to that 93rd minute it just felt even more real, don't get your hopes up, you're city, you are destined to fail.

The Aguero goal though. I don't care how gash this sounds, it changed my life. I no longer thought it could ever happen for a club like ours or a cunt like me. It genuinely made me believe anything is possible if you fight and work fucking hard.

I still get that flutter in my heart and a wobbly lip whenever I watch it, that split second of silence between Aguero shooting and the metal weights on the nets hitting the floor to the fans erupting.

Love you city. You're everything to me.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum