UEFA Final & Champions League Final both Free To watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA Final & Champions League Final both Free To watch

Postby IanWright » Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
IanWright wrote:I think the only solace I can take from this is that Maureen still won't be able to revolutionise the way the scum play football.

Will we see the fast, free-flowing football that the Rags used to play under whiskey breath? I think not.

I think that's what will stand between them winning the CL and/or premier league next season and winning sweet FA

Apologies IW but I must take issue with this statement as it's only the product of decades of Scum propaganda.

I've argued on here, on a number of occasions, that their football has been perennially awful and if you still abide by what you just stated, I think I'd like you to send me some of the stuff you must have been smoking, at that time, for you to form that impression about them.

They've always been a thuggish, anti-footballing, long-ball outfit just playing the percentages game and the football media have just gone along with the ridiculous assertion that they were an attractive side to watch.

Sorry if you think I'm being a bit of a naive footballing purist, but that's just how I see it and how it is. It's the Emperor's clothes syndrome personified.

I'm going to do a complete 180 and agree with you. If I was to reach some sort of compromise, I'd say their style of football "peaked" in 2007- a season in which they were very effective.

However, and I've argued this with a number of liberal Gooners, their football still didn't have an 'identity'. It wasn't the swashbuckling style that we've had and you've had (that home record ahead of winning the league in 2014? Just plain 'wow'). It wasn't even Barcelona's tika taka or A.C. Milan's suppressive style of the early 90s.

It was quite simply Sam allardyce tactics with better players. Would Ronaldo have overtaken Jimmy Greaves proud record had he still been there? I think not.

If I had to back up my original post somewhat, I'd say their football then is slightly better than it is now. However, it's more exciting to watch them as a neutral now because they look like a total pile of shit.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby freshie » Thu May 25, 2017 6:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Dan Roan - a name to remember - BBC Sport Editor eulogises the Rags as 'playing for humanity - dedicating their victory to the city they represent.'

it should be beyond belief to exploit a terrorist atrocity in this way but it's what we expected

Dan Roan eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/17549400

As for the rags winning last night, I can't help but find it amusing how far their stock has fallen that winning this trophy is so important to them.

This is the same wanker who was reporting for BBC news last night saying that it was the rags' responsibility to win the Europa league. What a ridiculous statement
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 25, 2017 6:51 am

Best thing about last night? Now they will finish 7th next year.

Regarding Lin-my nose can guide airplanes-gard, he is a mediocre cunt. A mediocre loud mount cunt. He is the next Janujizz.
At least I have some respect for Lionel Rashford, the lad is far better than this cunt and does not act like that on social media.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BookJunior » Thu May 25, 2017 6:55 am

johnny crossan wrote:Dan Roan - a name to remember - BBC Sport Editor eulogises the Rags as 'playing for humanity - dedicating their victory to the city they represent.'

it should be beyond belief to exploit a terrorist atrocity in this way but it's what we expected

That in a nutshell is what rankles with me. It's part of the DNA of that club to exploit a tragedy for their own purposes.

God only knows what possessed Roan to make such a comment.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 am

Roan is BBC Chief Sports Correspondent and it speaks volumes about the blatant bias against us that this malignant rag inhabits a senior position in that disgracefully managed organization.

"Chief Communications Officer, Vicky Kloss, said: “Despite the Charity arranging the interview with Dan Roan for the purposes of promoting the Football Against Hunger campaign, the reporter pursued a leading and aggressive line of questioning, through which Patrick was very careful to tread a diplomatic path.

“A misrepresentative article by Dan Roan, which has since been modified, appeared on the BBC’s website a short time later which omitted significant comments of clarification and took the interview completely out of context. Manchester City promotes a positive and welcoming approach to media outlets, however it is felt, in the absence of any correction or apology that there is no option but to issue an immediate ban to Dan Roan from future media activity.”

http://www.xn--80akamahoj3aicjeq3c.xn-- ... 1332965100
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:Roan is BBC Chief Sports Correspondent and it speaks volumes about the blatant bias against us that this malignant rag inhabits a senior position in that disgracefully managed organization.

"Chief Communications Officer, Vicky Kloss, said: “Despite the Charity arranging the interview with Dan Roan for the purposes of promoting the Football Against Hunger campaign, the reporter pursued a leading and aggressive line of questioning, through which Patrick was very careful to tread a diplomatic path.

“A misrepresentative article by Dan Roan, which has since been modified, appeared on the BBC’s website a short time later which omitted significant comments of clarification and took the interview completely out of context. Manchester City promotes a positive and welcoming approach to media outlets, however it is felt, in the absence of any correction or apology that there is no option but to issue an immediate ban to Dan Roan from future media activity.”

http://www.xn--80akamahoj3aicjeq3c.xn-- ... 1332965100

Worth noting that he was promoted to that position in the Beeb after he was banned by City.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 7:47 am

this about sums up their post match spirit of unity

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

No Ne vile or Wio wanting to comment on the classless club............................... This would be front page and every radio stations lead story if Mario had done it. We have just had our rag, window cleaner in the office, "What's the problem" Sums them up.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 am

Hazy2 wrote:No Ne vile or Wio wanting to comment on the classless club............................... This would be front page and every radio stations lead story if Mario had done it. We have just had our rag, window cleaner in the office, "What's the problem" Sums them up.

the story's picked up here - let's see if it spreads

But supporters from both City and United have slammed the players for their choice of song so quickly after both clubs publicly expressed their solidarity in the aftermath of the attack.

etc etc
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 am

Fucking scum from top to bottom. And the media are the same.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 am

freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:"This is the hardest way to get to the champions league"

Rio Ferdinand

Think you'll find it's winning the Premier League, Wio you dumb fuck

Camelgob still attending the propaganda briefs at the swamp then. I see the special needs one is claiming he'd prefer to qualify for CL this way than finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th, yeah right, you realised you were too shit to make top four so focussed on winning a second rate competition, dress it up how you like, we all know the truth.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am

I don't care about their dickhead players singing that shit, it's expected. They're cunts who live in a bubble.

But I've seen many rags properly annoyed by their behaviour last night. I'm really not bothered about them winning the pot, Monday night was dreadful and anything that can make some fellow mancs a bit cheerier is fine by me. I'll still call them cunts on derby day but on a real level I saw mates and family happy last night and lauding City for their class on that 'a city United' tweet.

Things are in a shit state right now and should transcend silly football rivalry. Forget their dickhead players and speak to some rags this morning, they'll probably be as equally ashamed of those videos as you and I.

I'm not celebrating their win at all. But I'm not pigheaded enough to realise it'll help many.

Remember the Munich anniversary derby. "We are impeccable". Let's continue being so.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 25, 2017 10:21 am

Ajax fans last night. Very poor
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:No Ne vile or Wio wanting to comment on the classless club............................... This would be front page and every radio stations lead story if Mario had done it. We have just had our rag, window cleaner in the office, "What's the problem" Sums them up.

Get that window cleaner sacked Hazy.

Give the job to someone who deserves it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 25, 2017 11:40 am

IanWright wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
IanWright wrote:I think the only solace I can take from this is that Maureen still won't be able to revolutionise the way the scum play football.

Will we see the fast, free-flowing football that the Rags used to play under whiskey breath? I think not.

I think that's what will stand between them winning the CL and/or premier league next season and winning sweet FA

Apologies IW but I must take issue with this statement as it's only the product of decades of Scum propaganda.

I've argued on here, on a number of occasions, that their football has been perennially awful and if you still abide by what you just stated, I think I'd like you to send me some of the stuff you must have been smoking, at that time, for you to form that impression about them.

They've always been a thuggish, anti-footballing, long-ball outfit just playing the percentages game and the football media have just gone along with the ridiculous assertion that they were an attractive side to watch.

Sorry if you think I'm being a bit of a naive footballing purist, but that's just how I see it and how it is. It's the Emperor's clothes syndrome personified.

I'm going to do a complete 180 and agree with you. If I was to reach some sort of compromise, I'd say their style of football "peaked" in 2007- a season in which they were very effective.

However, and I've argued this with a number of liberal Gooners, their football still didn't have an 'identity'. It wasn't the swashbuckling style that we've had and you've had (that home record ahead of winning the league in 2014? Just plain 'wow'). It wasn't even Barcelona's tika taka or A.C. Milan's suppressive style of the early 90s.

It was quite simply Sam allardyce tactics with better players. Would Ronaldo have overtaken Jimmy Greaves proud record had he still been there? I think not.

If I had to back up my original post somewhat, I'd say their football then is slightly better than it is now. However, it's more exciting to watch them as a neutral now because they look like a total pile of shit.

That's a gracious post and U turn IW.

All credit to you my friend. :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Worth noting that he was promoted to that position in the Beeb after he was banned by City.

Indeed, here is their choice of background photo for the announcement of Roan's appointment at the time

http://sport-onthebox.com/2014/09/24/bb ... ts-editor/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 pm

johnny crossan wrote:My abiding memory will be Peggy frolicking on the pitch with his offspring at the final whistle.

like Deliverance without the banjos

'Manager Jose Mourinho said he would he not think twice about swapping his latest European success for the 22 lives lost in the attack in Manchester'
apparently he might think about it once though - Peggy is all heart

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4i5tweTet
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:My abiding memory will be Peggy frolicking on the pitch with his offspring at the final whistle.

like Deliverance without the banjos

'Manager Jose Mourinho said he would he not think twice about swapping his latest European success for the 22 lives lost in the attack in Manchester'
apparently he might think about it once though - Peggy is all heart

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4i5tweTet

That's just crass, that thought should never have even entered his mind, nevermind saying it out loud to try curry favour. The man is despicable.

It's such an important trophy that the cunt had this to say a couple of years back

'When I returned, I felt the experience of Chelsea playing Europa League was not good,' Mourinho said in a BT Sport documentary. 'The Europa League is a different competition (to the Champions League), the Europa League is a different level of competition for a different level of player and a different level of club.

'It is not good for a big club to go there and win it'
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm

The entire setup from top to bottom has no redeeming features whatsoever.
I actually thought there would be a bit of humility when Taggart retired and they stopped being top dogs.
Not a bit of it, they're as obnoxious as ever.
Horrible, horrible club, with equally horrible sycophants.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 pm

The whole thing left exactly the shitty taste I thought it would.

I was told to leave it alone beforehand for pointing out that they would use the tragedy before and after for their own good as a club. Like they have done multiple times before.

I was also told they were playing for manchester. I was then told afterwards by the pundits that they helped make a lot of mancunians happier.

They didn't. They made manchester united fans happier. City fans were not one bit happier. And the families and friends of those who suffered were certainly no happier.

It is wrong to use tragedy to big up a club or a match
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum