Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:32 pm

What Sheblue said, these two are best mates FFS.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 pm

trueblue64 wrote:What Sheblue said, these two are best mates FFS.

Yep, context is everything. He was naive putting it on a public forum, he meant no offence to anyone and I'd imagine he's embarrassed if he has.

There's the usual tribal shit too, plenty are choosing to be offended in the hope he gets punished/banned.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Stupid tweet. If you can’t see how that would offend then you probably need educating yourself.

Go on, educate us. As someone's mentioned, if KDB was compared to the Milky Bar kid would it be offensive?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:37 pm

The old my best mate is black one huh. Never heard that before.....

Makes it all ok.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Stupid tweet. If you can’t see how that would offend then you probably need educating yourself.

Go on, educate us. As someone's mentioned, if KDB was compared to the Milky Bar kid would it be offensive?

That imagery is deemed offensive because it was used to demean black people, I get why people don't like the image and it being compared to a young Mendy but like I said above, context is everything.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

That imagery is deemed offensive because it was used to demean black people, I get why people don't like the image and it being compared to a young Mendy but like I said above, context is everything.

The specific imagine Bern used? What's the story behind it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Bernardo is clearly not racist. But that tweet was stupid and was always going to cause offence. But like I say if you don’t see how then you won’t be swayed by me or anyone else explaining.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

A bit of background on in this mate

https://onafrica.org/2010/03/03/bgm1267614467/
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

A bit of background on in this mate

https://onafrica.org/2010/03/03/bgm1267614467/

Looking at that it was a really stupid tweet! Bern living up to the stereotype that footballers really are thick!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:31 pm

Fair play Mase. Most just bury their heads and blame the snowflakes.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:37 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Fair play Mase. Most just bury their heads and blame the snowflakes.

Because a huge % of millennial's in today's world are the worst offended pathetic cunts that have ever existed....and that's a fuckign fact.

His tweet was harmless for the mentally sane that exist out there as anyone with half a brain knows he is not racist (its his fuckign mate ffs !!!!)............... but he should also know that by tweeting it , it would create the shit, that it has done , amongst the (Mainly ) millennial peasants.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Fair play Mase. Most just bury their heads and blame the snowflakes.

Because a huge % of millennial's in today's world are the worst offended pathetic cunts that have ever existed....and that's a fuckign fact.

His tweet was harmless for the mentally sane that exist out there as anyone with half a brain knows he is not racist (its his fuckign mate ffs !!!!)............... but he should also know that by tweeting it , it would create the shit, that it has done , amongst the (Mainly ) millennial peasants.

Agreed , plus half the cunts that troll twitter have a mental age of 12 and the same fucking IQ , twitter is a snowflake obsessive minefield ! All said and done thick cunt Bernado should never have made that "tweet" public the daft or naive twat .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Agreed , plus half the cunts that troll twitter have a mental age of 12 and the same fucking IQ , twitter is a snowflake obsessive minefield ! All said and done thick cunt Bernado should never have made that "tweet" public the daft or naive twat .

He comes from a country where they put those images on their nut spread without batting an eye lid - so that needs to be taken into account too - if anything his representatives need a slap for letting him do it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Dameerto wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He comes from a country where they put those images on their nut spread without batting an eye lid - so that needs to be taken into account too - if anything his representatives need a slap for letting him do it.

Nobody needs a slap , nothing needs to be done . It is not an issue for anybody . I just don't see the need for any public discussion about this .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:54 pm

People getting offended for those who aren't offended. A strange world we live in now.

Is this what the word 'snowflake' was christened for?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:57 pm

I wonder if any of yous saying people get offended easily have ever been racially abused
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby littlebig » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 pm

My two cents: don’t think Bernardo meant anything sinister by it but it was naive to post this and especially on a public forum.

That image though is so racist it belongs in the 1800s. Is it still on a product these days? Defies belief.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I wonder if any of yous saying people get offended easily have ever been racially abused

Go have a lie down ffs !!! when will the fuckign penny drop for you that it was between mates and the supposed offended wasn't offended.

For fucks sake !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I wonder if any of yous saying people get offended easily have ever been racially abused

mate - totally understand where you’re coming from but we need to be totally serious about what is racist and what is ignorant/stupid/insensitive. 150% bernie isn’t a racist and this ‘incident’ shouldn’t be filed under the racism banner.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum