Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 am

edgeley blue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Staggered at what I just heard on talksport. Some Welsh ex player has just said if we paid £43m for Silva it's an absolute snip! That's encouraging though I doubt he will be allowed on the radio again. Looks like we have signed a doozer!!

Bellamy??

Not sure. I thought it was him at first but sounds just a bit different. He has been balanced in all things discussed which I really like. I'm still listening just to find out who he is. He has said something positive about the scum too but I do like someone trying to be fair.

It's Danny Gabbiodan! Played for west ham and palace I think. Always quite balanced about us, his problem is that he supports Liverpool

Ah, yes I remember him. A centre half. He's my new favourite pundit.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat May 27, 2017 11:06 am

anyone seen enough of silva to comment how good he is? I guess he's going to be toure's replacement.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 am

Not sure about yaya's replacement as he looks like he plays more like namesake.

The big thing about Dave though for me is that I regard him as one of our toughest players. He rarely hides despite taking a lot of punishment and despite his angelic countenance, he often puts his own foot in on his opponent. Bernardo looks like he has all the skills, maybe even more? But if he is half as tough physically and mentally as big bad Dave, we have got ourselves a gem.
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mase » Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am

kinsey wrote:Not sure about yaya's replacement as he looks like he plays more like namesake.

The big thing about Dave though for me is that I regard him as one of our toughest players. He rarely hides despite taking a lot of punishment and despite his angelic countenance, he often puts his own foot in on his opponent. Bernardo looks like he has all the skills, maybe even more? But if he is half as tough physically and mentally as big bad Dave, we have got ourselves a gem.

Dave tried to boot him when we played Monaco and Bernardo took he piss out of them, so I think he'll be tough enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 am

Good point!

Sometimes, players don't play like they look - not all bald midfielders are defensive! Edin Dzeko was a 6'4" centre forward who was a predator rather than a target man. And whilst Dave is never going to be a hatchet man, I love how he is often underestimated by opponents or gets away with stuff with referees.

If we work on the basis that he is Dave's long term successor, let's enjoys the moments to come over this next year when the two of them will be in tandem... it might be a struggle to see them both play week in and week out, but there will be moments of ridiculous combinations between the two.

This is going to be a long pre season but for the best of reasons... I can't wait and we have only just started bringing new players in. But what a start!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby dazby » Sat May 27, 2017 12:26 pm

A wonderful signing.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Dave was knackered at times this season - and also under Pellegrini - because we rely on him so much (and the team doesn't look the same when he's not in it). If Bernard is actually here as a Dave-type player then it will be most welcome (and we know he can play out wide too).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Justified logic wrote:Very impressive interview. Not just good English comprehension, vocab and grammar but good pronunciation as well. I'm guessing he'll be fluent in French also. Clearly a very bright lad, a quick thinker and mature well beyond his years.

So an excellent signing for us and one which will encourage our defence targets to believe that the City project is truly going places.

Perhaps more importantly speaks Portuguese which gives Jesus another person to speak with who is also closer to his age and can help with his English.

Also want to express again how excited for this signing I am. Can I say that again?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
bigblue wrote:Speaks English surprisingly well. Maybe he has a bit of a brain on him and paid attention in school

Yeah, wasgenuinely surprised to hear him speak Emglish relatively well.

Nice signing and all but WE NEED DEFENDERS AND A GOALKEEPER.

They are coming, don't worry.

Does it really matter which comes first?

This signing will excite the fans far more than the rest.

Seems we are about to sign Ederson and Mendy so no need for alarm at this point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
bigblue wrote:Speaks English surprisingly well. Maybe he has a bit of a brain on him and paid attention in school

Yeah, wasgenuinely surprised to hear him speak Emglish relatively well.

Nice signing and all but WE NEED DEFENDERS AND A GOALKEEPER.

They are coming, don't worry.

Does it really matter which comes first?

This signing will excite the fans far more than the rest.

Seems we are about to sign Ederson and Mendy so no need for alarm at this point.

We are not even in the close season yet!!!

Transfers are made when they become possible - but I LOVE the fact that this is our first signing. Yes we are going to overhaul the back 5 and the success of that or not will probably have a bigger baring on our season, but this signing makes me giddy.
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby littlebig » Sat May 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Great bit of business early doors. Sends out a frightening message to our opponents; we are strengthening our already savage squad and we're not f*cking around. Kudos to Txiki.

Don't know much about Bernardo but the hype suggests a top drawer player. Scary stuff, as has been previously mentioned, the age profile of our forward players.

Welcome to Manchester Bernardo
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:anyone seen enough of silva to comment how good he is? I guess he's going to be toure's replacement.

Yaya's replacement? Yaya's coming back it seems now.

He's more like Silva's (eventually) as he's also about the same size and one who plays like a no. 10/roaming 8, although he played wide right for Monaco, so he is another versatile player for us up front.

What is "enough?" I've watched him in more than a few CL games now, and you can see why the comparisons are made to our Merlin.

Excellent at keeping the ball, passing, dribbling, and is arguably more adept at scoring than David.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 1:28 pm

littlebig wrote:Great bit of business early doors. Sends out a frightening message to our opponents; we are strengthening our already savage squad and we're not f*cking around. Kudos to Txiki.

Don't know much about Bernardo but the hype suggests a top drawer player. Scary stuff, as has been previously mentioned, the age profile of our forward players.

Welcome to Manchester Bernardo

Indeed - makes it easier to sign defenders as well! Who is going to want to play against our frontline, regardless of who is selected!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Silva's understudy?
I've seen him described elsewhere as The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Quite apt I think.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 27, 2017 1:35 pm

I cant help myself , I just have to go on ragcafe to see the Munchens headbutting the wall every time they go for a player and we end up getting them instead ))))...There still exist some deluded cunts who think that because they are the Munchens then top players should pick that rat fest fuckup of a football club over ours every time......look how times have changed as there are now just as many , if not more fans of theirs who think otherwise.......heres some of the rat infested comments.

''For a player like Bernardo Silva playing for a possession-based Pep side is more appealing than chasing around after the ball for Mourinho.''

''It's not even that. Looking at the two teams right now, if I were a young lad choosing between United and City, their team looks so much more exciting. I'd want to be a part of that (if I weren't a United fan)''

''I suspect that might be an issue for us, I don't see attacking players accepting this "humble pragmatist" garbage or wanting to play as auxillary fullbacks because we are too scared to attack a half decent team''.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Haha, it's funny as fuck Carl.....

If any of you get "we didn't want him anyway" or similar bollox point them at the thread on redcafe...

Started last May 70 page's/2786 replies and that's before they started a fresh thread started once he'd signed for us which is currently 7 page's/245 posts (mainly suicidal with a dash of denial thrown)

Oh and they've one on Mendy too, currently 8 pages, let's hope carlsberg are doing transfer windows for us this summer :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby bigblue » Sat May 27, 2017 3:09 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:anyone seen enough of silva to comment how good he is? I guess he's going to be toure's replacement.

there is no replacement for Yaya. Where else are you going to find a player his size with skills as incredible as Yaya? nowhere. You don't replace Yaya, you rebuild around his absence.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Also worth noting that he is a hard worker...Pep wouldn't have taken him otherwise.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 3:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I cant help myself , I just have to go on ragcafe to see the Munchens headbutting the wall every time they go for a player and we end up getting them instead ))))...There still exist some deluded cunts who think that because they are the Munchens then top players should pick that rat fest fuckup of a football club over ours every time......look how times have changed as there are now just as many , if not more fans of theirs who think otherwise.......heres some of the rat infested comments.

''For a player like Bernardo Silva playing for a possession-based Pep side is more appealing than chasing around after the ball for Mourinho.''

''It's not even that. Looking at the two teams right now, if I were a young lad choosing between United and City, their team looks so much more exciting. I'd want to be a part of that (if I weren't a United fan)''

''I suspect that might be an issue for us, I don't see attacking players accepting this "humble pragmatist" garbage or wanting to play as auxillary fullbacks because we are too scared to attack a half decent team''.

Check this video out as well, not just to see Bernardo's skills but it was posted for Utd fans originally so you can see them lamenting that he's signed for us and that they've bottled it in many comments below.

Watch on youtube.com
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Brilliant.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum