Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 26, 2017 2:30 pm

blues2win wrote:Usual story selling Club figure is higher than the buying Club. Add ons etc. Who cares it's a firm announcement on the BBC so Club sources are standing it up. He may not get officially unveiled with pics etc until July 1 when he's officially registered as a City player but it's a done deal.

And the usual thing will happen where City deals are concerned, the higher price will become gospel.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:BBC and others reporting fee of 43M quid. surprised theyd let him leave for that.

43m leaves another 257m in the kitty
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Fri May 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Has anyone put Greggs on red alert?

Haven't seen a peep about it in Cheshire Today, so take with a pinch of salt
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 26, 2017 2:49 pm

blues2win wrote:Usual story selling Club figure is higher than the buying Club. Add ons etc. Who cares it's a firm announcement on the BBC so Club sources are standing it up. He may not get officially unveiled with pics etc until July 1 when he's officially registered as a City player but it's a done deal.

The Beeb are saying the club will announce it tomorrow - I get the feeling they've checked with the club before releasing the article and been told the info unofficially.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dunnylad » Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Mind if this is true then I will be pleased with signings announced this early - too often we've been sat waiting for stuff to happen and then when they have signed there's not been enough time to integrate them into the side / pre-season and they've struggled to fit in the team until around January - bit like Sane this year - someone will now tell me he was signed really early in the summer!!!
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby bigblue » Fri May 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Well finding a flat shouldn't be too hard for him. Check out where he lived in Monaco:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4858041747

Probably paid ~5000/month for that though
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Scatman » Fri May 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:BBC and others reporting fee of 43M quid. surprised theyd let him leave for that.

Apparently a club announcement coming tomorrow (Friday) according to them.

Is it still Thursday in France?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

bigblue wrote:Well finding a flat shouldn't be too hard for him. Check out where he lived in Monaco:

looks even skinnier in street clothes!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Scatman wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Apparently a club announcement coming tomorrow (Friday) according to them.

Is it still Thursday in France?

Just me that doesn't know what planet I'm on. The Beeb are saying the announcement will be today then, unless they made a (not for the first time) confusing post and mean in a week. (and I would assume subject to medical).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:
bigblue wrote:From the sound of it we'll get Mendy & Silva for a little under 1.2 Pogbas

i love that new scientific unit of measurement - the Pogba. It takes away those mindboggling muti-millions that we just struggle to cope with getting our heads around these days.

A highly interesting and fascinating concept but, genuine question, is 'The Pogba' a fixed monetary value, or will it rise and fall just like the exchange rate or, in other words as the players value continues to shrink because of the external Mourinho-Scum influence being applied ??

In such latter circumstances, today's 1.2 Pogbas could be a mere pittance tomorrow.

Mind you, it's still a good consistent for applying to a player's skill level, for instance when assessing Bernado Silva's value to the team, you might say "he's worth X Pogbas", where X is a large number, as this seems easier to quantify. Moreover, if a player has had a particularly bad game, he could be described as doing a 'Pogba', or even a double or triple 'Pogba'.

I must admit, I've really warmed to this revolutionary new method of multi assessment centred on 'The Pogba', as it's very fluid, flexible and all-embracingly understandable when compared to more traditional forms.

Well done to that man for inventing it. :D :D :D :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bigblue » Fri May 26, 2017 3:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:What a signing!
Watch on youtube.com

Looks a quality player, but literally half of the highlights are him running circles around Sane, Clichy, and Fern
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 pm

bigblue wrote:Well finding a flat shouldn't be too hard for him. Check out where he lived in Monaco:

fuck me. i had bigger / nicer student digs!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:09 pm

blues2win wrote:Tielemans snubbed the rags so did Bernardo Silva.

Think of the team the rags would have if they could used all their snubs.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
bigblue wrote:From the sound of it we'll get Mendy & Silva for a little under 1.2 Pogbas

i love that new scientific unit of measurement - the Pogba. It takes away those mindboggling muti-millions that we just struggle to cope with getting our heads around these days.

A highly interesting and fascinating concept but, genuine question, is 'The Pogba' a fixed monetary value, or will it rise and fall just like the exchange rate or, in other words as the players value continues to shrink because of the external Mourinho-Scum influence being applied ??

In such latter circumstances, today's 1.2 Pogbas could be a mere pittance tomorrow.

Mind you, it's still a good consistent for applying to a player's skill level, for instance when assessing Bernado Silva's value to the team, you might say "he's worth X Pogbas", where X is a large number, as this seems easier to quantify. Moreover, if a player has had a particularly bad game, he could be described as doing a 'Pogba', or even a double or triple 'Pogba'.

I must admit, I've really warmed to this revolutionary new method of multi assessment centred on 'The Pogba', as it's very fluid, flexible and all-embracingly understandable when compared to more traditional forms.

The Pogba has to be a constant surely - his actual depreciation will always be inversely proportional to his entertainment value to us City fans and therefore self-levelling.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 3:13 pm

bigblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:What a signing!
Watch on youtube.com

Looks a quality player, but literally half of the highlights are him running circles around Sane, Clichy, and Fern

Shock, horror.........what are you saying BB ?? :o :o :o :o :o :o

You surely can't be inferring that our defenders can't tackle to save their lives ??.................... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri May 26, 2017 3:29 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:If he's anywhere near as good as our last bernado then I'll be a happy man... :lol:

Halford? Manning?

Corradi, now there was a strike force, him and gorgeous George.
Stiil not worked out who was worse.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby freshie » Fri May 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:RW-CAM-LW

He's the new Silva

Cheers buddy. I'm VERY excited by his signing.

Me too. Wonder if the papers will say that he snubbed the rags for us? Doubt it!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 26, 2017 3:39 pm

patrickblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:If he's anywhere near as good as our last bernado then I'll be a happy man... :lol:

Halford? Manning?

Corradi, now there was a strike force, him and gorgeous George.
Stiil not worked out who was worse.

Vassell
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 3:53 pm

itk's claiming mendi will be the next one in.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

The Pogba has to be a constant surely - his actual depreciation will always be inversely proportional to his entertainment value to us City fans and therefore self-levelling.

Excellent. Thanks for that cogent explanation D, the critical element being usage of the term "inversely".

Well done to you.

I'd urge everyone on this forum, from this point in time onwards, to start using 'The Pogba' as our standard descriptive and assessment format. In due course, it could well become a nationally recognised factor, as commonplace as the Richter Scale for measuring earth tremors and 'quakes.

Even if the media initially derided us for bringing it about, I don't give two Pogbas for what they might think or say.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum