Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Brilliant.

He seems, especially, to have a terrific body swerve, coupled with great ball control at high speed.

Almost Messiesque (the real one, not the big nose from the Swamp)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Sat May 27, 2017 4:39 pm

If he's half the player Kolarov is we'll have some player on our hands.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Mase wrote:If he's half the player Kolarov is we'll have some player on our hands.

If he's half the player Kolarov is, he'll still be three times the player that Pogba is.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

He seems, especially, to have a terrific body swerve, coupled with great ball control at high speed.

Its a great start to the transfer saga - rumours of Ottamendi going (hope so) and it looks like we will be replacing Bravo......I also fuckign hope so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 27, 2017 5:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Its a great start to the transfer saga - rumours of Ottamendi going (hope so) and it looks like we will be replacing Bravo......I also fuckign hope so.

Fingers crossed Carl.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Quick off the mark and quality in the bag .......keep it up huge summer ahead !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 pm

City64 wrote:Quick off the mark and quality in the bag .......keep it up huge summer ahead !

Exactly - momentum is with us from the start of the window. The perception from other players will now be that we absolutely mean business. Could be decisive when it comes to a split decision between us and another club.

Lots more to come!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby aaron bond » Sat May 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Seems like we're aiming to do our business early this summer. That has been a key feature of our 2 most recent title wins.

Rumours are that Mendy and Walker are next at full back, plus a goalkeeper too.

Great start to the summer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat May 27, 2017 10:37 pm

He looks a bit one footed
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He looks a bit one footed

Not sure he is much cop in the air either!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby freshie » Sat May 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:If he's half the player Kolarov is we'll have some player on our hands.

If he's half the player Kolarov is, he'll still be three times the player that Pogba is.

So one kolarov = 6 pogbas?

Therefore we should sell kolarov for £600m

And that will cover our transfer expenditure for this summer and the next

Simples
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 pm

kinsey wrote:

Yeah, just like most no. 10's to be great in the air.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby kinsey » Sat May 27, 2017 11:33 pm

PrezIke wrote:
kinsey wrote:

Yeah, just like most no. 10's to be great in the air.

Oh I don't know, William Gallas was pretty decent with his head!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun May 28, 2017 12:46 am

I watch a lot of football, currently trying to get in to the Chinese/MLS stuff for my fix. But I don’t really know that much about this guy tbh, I remember he had a stormer against us, that’s about it.

Those who have watched him closely say he is quality, consistently, and can play out wide or in his name sake role.

I disagree with those that say we don’t need him, we do. When his name sake is out injured we struggle, KDB doesn’t have the same impact David Silva does. Also Sterling goes through phases where he is half decent or just shit.The fact this guy can cover both roles,versatile, is good business, only 22 , for under half a Pogba. I do hope we bring back Patrick Thomas from Celtic and stick him in our squad, rather than loan him out once again though, I don’t want him to fuck off, I think he is ready for the step up. I will be gutted if we don’t see him next season.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 28, 2017 5:21 am

Who's Patrick Thomas? :?

I think City will sell Roberts and insert a buy back clause along with Unal and Ian.

The Neymar rumours are going to go into over drive this week and if we got him where would Roberts fit in?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Sun May 28, 2017 6:42 am

Sister of fu wrote:Who's Patrick Thomas? :?

I think City will sell Roberts and insert a buy back clause along with Unal and Ian.

The Neymar rumours are going to go into over drive this week and if we got him where would Roberts fit in?

I'd be gutted if we got rid of Roberts without giving him a chance.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 28, 2017 7:08 am

Mase wrote:

Maybe our policy of loaning players is their chance? He has done OK at Celtic, but being being brutally honest, if he wasn't our boy would we be after signing him after the season he has had? I doubt it. It's a poor league, Championship level at best and he hasn't excelled like you'd expect, or even at the level Dembele did.

I myself agree that it would be harsh to judge him without him playing for us. But thats modern football I guess and we are maybe at a level where we can't afford to bed someone in. That said, I do think the lack of opportunity given to youngsters is woefull, especially when cimpared to the rags and spuds and even the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun May 28, 2017 7:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Maybe our policy of loaning players is their chance? He has done OK at Celtic, but being being brutally honest, if he wasn't our boy would we be after signing him after the season he has had? I doubt it. It's a poor league, Championship level at best and he hasn't excelled like you'd expect, or even at the level Dembele did.

I myself agree that it would be harsh to judge him without him playing for us. But thats modern football I guess and we are maybe at a level where we can't afford to bed someone in. That said, I do think the lack of opportunity given to youngsters is woefull, especially when cimpared to the rags and spuds and even the dippers

To be fair Notts he's had a decent season for them as a winger. He also put one passed us in the Champions League.

I'd compare him to our best winger this season - Sterling. Would he get the same amount of assists and goals as Sterling did this year, quite possibly.

But he's not going to learn to play with the likes of Silva and KDB if he's playing in another team. He should stay, be used in the FA Cup and Mickey Mouse Cup and train with these guys every day. Come on when we're beating teams by two. It's the only way he's going to learn.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

To be fair Notts he's had a decent season for them as a winger. He also put one passed us in the Champions League.

I'd compare him to our best winger this season - Sterling. Would he get the same amount of assists and goals as Sterling did this year, quite possibly.

But he's not going to learn to play with the likes of Silva and KDB if he's playing in another team. He should stay, be used in the FA Cup and Mickey Mouse Cup and train with these guys every day. Come on when we're beating teams by two. It's the only way he's going to learn.

I agree with you mate.

But we have a number of these young lads at the club and we cant accomodate them all. The hierarchy will have to make decisions on who to keep based on a handfull of appearances and how loans have gone. Right or wrong. Remenber Brandon Barker? It seems we have a scattergun approach where hopefully one or two will stick.

Look at Nacho. Has done well for us and has scored at a far better rate than Rashfordessi but it looks like his days are numbered. Roberts having similar stats to Sterling but in an far inferior league is not going to get him his chance in our first team squad. Sad, but there you go
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Sun May 28, 2017 8:34 am

When it comes to loaning youngsters out to teams in inferior leagues it is surely about what potential they have shown? As they are not going to be tested against the sort of opposition we face (although facing us and others in UEFA cup games would be a test), we have to make decisions based on how the qualities they have shown match with the qualities we require. I'd like to see our loanees on the preseason tour just so that they can be properly assessed as to how the potential they have shown would fit with actually playing with our squad and whether that allows them to grow their game.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum