Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:24 pm

harveytravis wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:It make me wonder what kind of country we have become. A silly tweet to a mate, that has resulted in charges that could tarnish the boys reputation for good. Meanwhile real bigots get away with vile abuse, sad country, sad world, I despair. It’s about time people that que up to be offended are told to fuck off !

Too true.

When I was growing up in the 1950s I was told that... sticks and stones would break my bones but names will never hurt me.

How did we get from that to this?

How do these social justice warriors find the time?

Don't they have a life???

How did it get to the number of stabbings , mainly in London ?

And some tosser at Lancaster gate wants to drag Bernie over the hot coals .

If i was Bernie , I would threaten Personal Lawsuits against each member of the FA Board .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ruralblue » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:17 pm

We are getting to a point where we can't say fuck all for fear of upsetting someone. In my home life I don't, my mouth opens and dark humour comes out. I don't have hate towards anyone different to me be it religion, race or sexuality. However will I joke about stuff just like I will joke about myself.

At work however.... A different story. I work for the council. Everything can be twisted to be deemed racist, homophobic or offensive to someone. We have to be mindful of everything we say.

Is Bernard racist? Is he fuck as like, he's close to Mendy the whole team appear very close. Should he have text it? With hindsight no but it was a personal joke with a mate, albeit via social media. Now I read they are implicating something Pep said. Fucking crazy.

This, and the bent decisions last night might be what makes the board stand up to the media bullshit, the FA and Wafa and make them look like the idiots they truly are.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Two's Kompany » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:16 am

ruralblue wrote:We are getting to a point where we can't say fuck all for fear of upsetting someone. In my home life I don't, my mouth opens and dark humour comes out. I don't have hate towards anyone different to me be it religion, race or sexuality. However will I joke about stuff just like I will joke about myself.

At work however.... A different story. I work for the council. Everything can be twisted to be deemed racist, homophobic or offensive to someone. We have to be mindful of everything we say.

Is Bernard racist? Is he fuck as like, he's close to Mendy the whole team appear very close. Should he have text it? With hindsight no but it was a personal joke with a mate, albeit via social media. Now I read they are implicating something Pep said. Fucking crazy.

This, and the bent decisions last night might be what makes the board stand up to the media bullshit, the FA and Wafa and make them look like the idiots they truly are.

This is spot on.
A good few years ago a lad at work (who was a right lazy bastard ) would do anything but the job he was asked to do.
He was stood chatting to female customers, (It was a small part of the job to make sure the customers were happy BUT he never spoke to the lads and he was a bit of slime ball with the women) so I said jokingly 'C'mon stop chatting up the women and get some work done'.
He reported me to HR as he said he was offended and embarrassed.
HR basically said I was in the wrong!
I realised then we were heading in a dangerous direction where HR were the voice of all that's fair.
I've since worked in places where innuendo was very full on (mainly from the women) but have always been careful.
I like a laugh and so clearly do these two mates at work.
They rip each other on social media to embarrass each other. Now I get it was stupid of Bernardo, but as John Barnes and countless others have said we are getting offended on other peoples behalf.
I'm not defending Bernardo and the video he did about Mendy is worse, but would we sit in a bar and tell two mates taking the piss out of each other that we were offended on their behalf? I think not and we'd get told to butt out if we did, so the FA should talk to him about how it could be viewed NOT hit him with a ban.
But I honestly think he'll get a fairly lengthy ban to pacify the snowflakes. Oh and Sky.
Honestly with all this furore you'd think we'd got Liverpool comimg up in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:58 pm

Whatever happened with this bullshit? Did it get dropped?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum