Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
bigblue wrote:From the sound of it we'll get Mendy & Silva for a little under 1.2 Pogbas

i love that new scientific unit of measurement - the Pogba. It takes away those mindboggling muti-millions that we just struggle to cope with getting our heads around these days.

A highly interesting and fascinating concept but, genuine question, is 'The Pogba' a fixed monetary value, or will it rise and fall just like the exchange rate or, in other words as the players value continues to shrink because of the external Mourinho-Scum influence being applied ??

In such latter circumstances, today's 1.2 Pogbas could be a mere pittance tomorrow.

Mind you, it's still a good consistent for applying to a player's skill level, for instance when assessing Bernado Silva's value to the team, you might say "he's worth X Pogbas", where X is a large number, as this seems easier to quantify. Moreover, if a player has had a particularly bad game, he could be described as doing a 'Pogba', or even a double or triple 'Pogba'.

I must admit, I've really warmed to this revolutionary new method of multi assessment centred on 'The Pogba', as it's very fluid, flexible and all-embracingly understandable when compared to more traditional forms.

Well done to that man for inventing it. :D :D :D :D

The Pogba has to be a constant surely - his actual depreciation will always be inversely proportional to his entertainment value to us City fans and therefore self-levelling.

Excellent. Thanks for that cogent explanation D, the critical element being usage of the term "inversely".

Well done to you.

I'd urge everyone on this forum, from this point in time onwards, to start using 'The Pogba' as our standard descriptive and assessment format. In due course, it could well become a nationally recognised factor, as commonplace as the Richter Scale for measuring earth tremors and 'quakes.

Even if the media initially derided us for bringing it about, I don't give two Pogbas for what they might think or say.

I wonder how many Pogbas are we going to get for Joe Hart? :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 4:06 pm

PeterParker wrote :

I wonder how many Pogbas are we going to get for Joe Hart?

Good question PP.

The Pogba computational equivalent might only be one arm, or one leg, by the way that things have been going with Joe in Italy this season. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 26, 2017 4:14 pm

does a pogba include agents fees (bungs) and wages? if so then can we all agree that a pogba = £150m?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby edge275 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 pm

I'll only believe it if Tolmie sings a song about it.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:does a pogba include agents fees (bungs) and wages? if so then can we all agree that a pogba = £150m?

That's a real triple Pogba of a question NT.

Drawing on 'The Dameerto Definition', that would seem, to my mind to be a highly accurate assessment. Instead of the 'Gold Standard', that figure could well become 'The Pogba Standard'.

However, bear in mind that the 'Pogba Ridicule Standard', when applied to Mourinho and the rest of the Scum brigade, will probably be a different quotient altogether; probably not yet calculated at this point in time.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 26, 2017 4:27 pm

edge275 wrote:I'll only believe it if Tolmie sings a song about it.

Thought he got found out?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 4:28 pm

You're a real doubting Pogba, 275 :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 26, 2017 4:37 pm

some from his selection of 'songs we no longer sing' shows a side of the Kippax I'd rather forget:

John Bond we love you, John Bond we do... To tune of Grandma...

Nah, nah, nah, nah, Ferguson's riddled with herpes, Martin Edwards has got Aids, and so has that twat Matt Busby...

Remember member remember...remember when... City scored ten.

We all agree where United should be, shovelling shit on the isle of Capri.

In 1963 my friends we went to Division 2.
The Stretford End cried out aloud its the end for the Sky Blue.
Joe Mercer came, we played the game. We went to Rotherham.
We won one nil and we were back in Division 1.
Since then we`ve won the League, we've won the Cup, We've been to Europe too.
And when we win the League this year we will sing this song to you.
CITY,CITY,CITY,CITY.

Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best,
They go up from his arse to his chest,
They are better than Adam and the Ants,
Niall Quinn's disco pants!

He's here, he's there, he's every fucking where, Neil McNab, Neil McNab.

"when I was a lad me dad said to me, are ya goin down wigan to watch the rugby.
I said no I don't think so, I'm goin down maine rd for a bit of agro.
Went with a bottle, went with a stick killed a m******, ended up in the nick.
Singin la la la la la la la"

We don't carry razors, we don't carry lead, we only carry axes to bury in your head, we are loyal supporters, fanatics everyone, we hate man utd and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds......

In the Liverpool slums, they root through the bins for something to eat, find a dead cat and they think it's a treat, in your Liverpool slums.

He's only a poor little Scouser, his face is all tattered and torn, he made me feel sick, so I hit him with the brick, and now he don't sing anymore.

We fought in France
We fought in Spain
We fought in the sun
And in the rain
We took the Kop
The Chelsea shed
But what we like best
Is kicking a red

And believe it or not... Some in the Kippax used to hiss Gas to
Spurs fans and to the tune of Chas and Dave's Spurs are on their way to Wembley... 'Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again..'

I always used to like 'it was the ice on the wings that made the aeroplane go down, in the most delightful way' to the tune of a spoonful of sugar.

Anybody got a copy of "Songs of the Kippax" by Mark Bittner?
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri May 26, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Now watch the FA and UEFA clamp down on City because we have a deal struck before 1st July.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

some from his selection of 'songs we no longer sing' shows a side of the Kippax I'd rather forget:

Nah, nah, nah, nah, Ferguson's riddled with herpes, Martin Edwards has got Aids, and so has that twat Matt Busby...

In the Liverpool slums, they root through the bins for something to eat, find a dead cat and they think it's a treat, in your Liverpool slums.

He's only a poor little Scouser, his face is all tattered and torn, he made me feel sick, so I hit him with the brick, and now he don't sing anymore.

And believe it or not... Some twats in the Kippax used to hiss Gas to
Spurs fans and to the tune of Chas and Dave's Spurs are on their way to Wembley... 'Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again..'

I always used to like 'it was the ice on the wings that made the aeroplane go down, in the most delightful way' to the tune of a spoonful of sugar.

In all fairness JC, the thought of what the Scum should be shovelling on the Isle of Capri seems modestly reasonable.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 26, 2017 4:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:some from his selection of 'songs we no longer sing' shows a side of the Kippax I'd rather forget:

In 1963 my friends we went to Division 2.
The Stretford End cried out aloud its the end for the Sky Blue.
Joe Mercer came, we played the game. We went to Rotherham.
We won one nil and we were back in Division 1.
Since then we`ve won the League, we've won the Cup, We've been to Europe too.
And when we win fuck all this year we will sing this song to you.
CITY,CITY,CITY,CITY.

Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best,
They go up from his arse to his chest,
They are better than Adam and the Ants,
Niall Quinn's disco pants!

"when I was a lad me dad said to me, are ya goin down wigan to watch the rugby.
I said no I don't think so, I'm goin down maine rd for a bit of agro.
Went with a bottle, went with a stick killed a m******, ended up in the nick.
Singin la la la la la la la"

We don't carry razors, we don't carry lead, we only carry axes to bury in your head, we are loyal supporters, fanatics everyone, we hate man utd and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds......

We fought in France
We fought in Spain
We fought in the sun
And in the rain
We took the Kop
The Chelsea shed
But what we like best
Is kicking a red

And believe it or not... Some in the Kippax used to hiss Gas to

Anybody got a copy of "Songs of the Kippax" by Mark Bittner?

Ah, happy days. It was a very different time.

You missed out "Those magnficent men in their flying machines", by the way.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 5:30 pm

for match threads will it be silva1 and silva2? dave and bernie?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:for match threads will it be silva1 and silva2? dave and bernie?

He apparently had Bernardo on his Monaco shirt, so maybe he'll do the same over here? Then we'd have Dave and Bernard.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Justified logic » Fri May 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
bigblue wrote:From the sound of it we'll get Mendy & Silva for a little under 1.2 Pogbas

i love that new scientific unit of measurement - the Pogba. It takes away those mindboggling muti-millions that we just struggle to cope with getting our heads around these days.

A highly interesting and fascinating concept but, genuine question, is 'The Pogba' a fixed monetary value, or will it rise and fall just like the exchange rate or, in other words as the players value continues to shrink because of the external Mourinho-Scum influence being applied ??

In such latter circumstances, today's 1.2 Pogbas could be a mere pittance tomorrow.

Mind you, it's still a good consistent for applying to a player's skill level, for instance when assessing Bernado Silva's value to the team, you might say "he's worth X Pogbas", where X is a large number, as this seems easier to quantify. Moreover, if a player has had a particularly bad game, he could be described as doing a 'Pogba', or even a double or triple 'Pogba'.

I must admit, I've really warmed to this revolutionary new method of multi assessment centred on 'The Pogba', as it's very fluid, flexible and all-embracingly understandable when compared to more traditional forms.

Well done to that man for inventing it. :D :D :D :D

The Pogba has to be a constant surely - his actual depreciation will always be inversely proportional to his entertainment value to us City fans and therefore self-levelling.

Excellent. Thanks for that cogent explanation D, the critical element being usage of the term "inversely".

Well done to you.

I'd urge everyone on this forum, from this point in time onwards, to start using 'The Pogba' as our standard descriptive and assessment format. In due course, it could well become a nationally recognised factor, as commonplace as the Richter Scale for measuring earth tremors and 'quakes.

Even if the media initially derided us for bringing it about, I don't give two Pogbas for what they might think or say.

The Pogba will be debased by repeated clipping.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Crack signing and one for the future to replace Silva. He's only 22.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Jumping the gun a little bit eh?

Thats alot of money to be spent on not exactly a position of need.
Now Monaco's Tielemans signing makes sense.

Mendy, Fabinho, and Silva? Jesus. Lets not put all our eggs in Monaco's basket.

Won't be available when we need him and there aren't many out there I can see as anything close to replacing our little magician who will be 31.

We also have Gundogan coming back from injury, so this really provides us with the depth needed to maintain creativity levels if we have an injury or two in centre midfield, or Ilkay does not return with a similar enough ability/is out here and there.

We have a very bright future as well adding him.

It's one of those signings you have to make, and I think Vinny's revival may have allowed us to make this signing rather than have to spend so much on a centre half, although I do expect us to sign one.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 5:57 pm

official! on the OS.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Manchester City are delighted to confirm Bernardo Silva will join the Club from Monaco on July 1.

The Portuguese playmaker will arrive at the Etihad having just helped the French side to the Ligue 1 title and the Champions League semi-finals.

He began his career at Benfica, where he impressed for their B side in the Segunda Division, and in the summer of 2013 he went to the Under 19 European Championships where he was named in the top 10 talents by UEFA reporters after helping Portugal to the semi-finals of the competition.

He moved to Monaco in 2014 on a season-long loan move having made three appearances for Benfica's first team – but so impressive were his displays in France, the deal was made permanent six months into the agreement.

Silva’s guile helped them finish third in Ligue 1 and reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where they beat Arsenal in the last 16 after a brilliant first-leg victory at the Emirates put them in a commanding position.

Having finished third in Ligue 1 again the following season, Leonardo Jardim’s attacking revolution began to gather pace in 2016/17.

Alongside the likes of Radamel Falcao, Fabinho, Benjamin Mendy, Thomas Lemar and Kylian Mbappe, Silva was instrumental in Monaco winning the French title and reaching the Champions League semi-finals, where they beat Tottenham twice in the group stage before eliminating City and Borussia Dortmund in the knock-out phase en route to the last four.

Silva made 51 appearances last season, scoring 10 goals and assisting a further 10, making him one of Europe’s most sought-after playmakers.

He made his senior international debut for Portugal in 2015 in a game against Cape Verde and already has 12 caps.

The agreement between City and Silva comes amid interest in the player from a host of top Clubs across Europe.

The 22-year-old, who intends to take the number 20 shirt next season, said:

“It feels great. To be honest I’m now at one of the best teams in the world. To be part of this club and to have this opportunity is great.

"I’m very happy to be part of Manchester City’s team and I look forward to trying to do my best to help the team reach their goals.

“If not the best coach in the world, he is one of the best.

"Of course when you have the opportunity of being trained by Guardiola, you don’t say no.

"As we all know, what he did in Barcelona and Bayern Munich was amazing and we expect also here that he will win titles. It’s great to be working with him and to have this opportunity.”
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Official.

Got the notification on the City App.

Time to change the thread name into WHAT DOES HE ACTUALLY DO
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues