Ederson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ederson

Postby Justified logic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 am

Definitely a class act.

I just wish we had a decent back-up keeper. Surely Bravo, with his pedigree, can't hang around for long. Would like to see one of our youngsters getting the opportunity there.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:Definitely a class act.

I just wish we had a decent back-up keeper. Surely Bravo, with his pedigree, can't hang around for long. Would like to see one of our youngsters getting the opportunity there.

Muric is young but I'd rather have him in the cup games than Bravo.
Bravo will be the reason we don't win the cups in my opinion. Although I'm still hopeful that we win at least one.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Don't know what to make of Bravo. He's obviously nowhere near as shit as he appeared last season. There had to be something else going on for him to play that badly, so maybe whatever it was is over with.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby phips » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:56 pm

after his apparently impressive time at Norwich i wouldn't be surprised if its Gunn next year who plays the cup matches
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Bravo will be the reason we don't win the cups in my opinion. Although I'm still hopeful that we win at least one.

I said I wouldn't get involved in this this season but can't help it.

If it wasn't for Bravo's fine save against the Baggies we'd already be out of the League Cup.

I know it's a stretch but perhaps now that there's not a team in front of him that's hanging him out to dry he may regain form.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

If it wasn't for Bravo's fine save against the Baggies we'd already be out of the League Cup.

I know it's a stretch but perhaps now that there's not a team in front of him that's hanging him out to dry he may regain form.

I get that FIBD but I think as Slim pointed out elsewhere it affects our whole team and particularly our defence when Bravo plays. It's there in the psyche of the team I think. If Kompany was there perhaps it would be different but I'm not sure.
We should have been able to play Adarabioyo in that game but it wasn't possible and I think having Bravo between the sticks is part of the reason why.

Now that doesn't make Muric a safer option, I would just prefer to blood him for the future as I can't see Bravo having a long term future with us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I get that FIBD but I think as Slim pointed out elsewhere it affects our whole team and particularly our defence when Bravo plays. It's there in the psyche of the team I think. If Kompany was there perhaps it would be different but I'm not sure.
We should have been able to play Adarabioyo in that game but it wasn't possible and I think having Bravo between the sticks is part of the reason why.

Now that doesn't make Muric a safer option, I would just prefer to blood him for the future as I can't see Bravo having a long term future with us.

Completely see where you're coming from but let's say Ederson was to get injured would you rather have a kid in nets in or someone experienced?

I think like Phips suggested above Gunn takes Bravo's place next season, in the meantime if we can get Bravo back to what he's capable of through playing him in the League Cup then we have an able backup should the worst happen.

I accept that it may have been Bravo's presence affecting the defence in part last season but I think it's harsh to pin it all on him. The defence was playing with full backs that couldn't run and the whole team was adapting to Pep's style, I think that played its part in the type of one one chances we gave up last season too.

Tin hat on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 pm

A great signing. I knew fuck all about this lad prior to us signing him. I have formed my opinion on what have seen so far.

He is a very confident keeper, excellent situational awareness, good with his hands, is a very commanding presence in his penalty are, also has excellent distribution. So far looks to be the signing of the season. just for the effect he is having on our defence.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Completely see where you're coming from but let's say Ederson was to get injured would you rather have a kid in nets in or someone experienced?

I think like Phips suggested above Gunn takes Bravo's place next season, in the meantime if we can get Bravo back to what he's capable of through playing him in the League Cup then we have an able backup should the worst happen.

I accept that it may have been Bravo's presence affecting the defence in part last season but I think it's harsh to pin it all on him. The defence was playing with full backs that couldn't run and the whole team was adapting to Pep's style, I think that played its part in the type of one one chances we gave up last season too.

Tin hat on.

He made one save and then was back to being a voyeurs fuckign nightmare.

Id rather he was nowhere near the first team or cup team TBH , he 100% affects confidence with the defenders,as in lack of.
Id honestly have Gunn in than Bravo.....I really would.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Ederson (24yo) - WTF has happened to Benfica since he left? Coincidence?

Bravo (34yo) - maybe he can't handle the physicality of the PL? Would you fancy him against Mourinho's big boys?

Our youngsters - Gunn (21yo, 22 January 1996), Grimshaw (19yo, 16 January 1998), Muric (18yo, 7 November 1998), Sokol (17yo, 2 March 2000) - I hope one of these can take the back-up keeper position, in addition to playing u23, and if eligible u18, games with an old, experienced keeper replacing Bravo and doing a Wright-type mentoring role - i.e. succession planning.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Did he pass that test yet?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Id take Gunn as number two next season.
Muric to me has looked the keeper most likely to fit the bill but is too young now.

My point about this year is that I have a feeling we will sacrifice success in the cups playing Bravo.
I'd rather see Muric get a chance and go out, than Bravo playing and going out.

If Gunn is a success this season will he want to be second keeper here?

Hard to know.

And what happened with Geronimo.

Anyway. Ederson could prove to be the catalyst to us moving onto the next level.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:16 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

So you would rather a completely untested kid than Bravo. Absolute nonense mate. Bravo will be fine when called upon. I have no issues with Bravo playing.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:18 pm

patrickblue wrote:Don't know what to make of Bravo. He's obviously nowhere near as shit as he appeared last season. There had to be something else going on for him to play that badly, so maybe whatever it was is over with.

His daughter was really ill.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:52 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:I think my favourite moment yesterday was around the 75 minute mark, when he was lining up a kick to the centre right, and in a split second, changed to a long throw to his left. He'd created a load of space on that side through his movements, and totally panicked Chelsea's midfield.

In that scenario, Hart would have rolled the ball on the floor, waited 7-8 seconds for Chelsea to reorganize, and then booted it to one of their fullbacks.

Or booted it into one of the stands.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

So you would rather a completely untested kid than Bravo. Absolute nonense mate. Bravo will be fine when called upon. I have no issues with Bravo playing.

For the league cup, yes I would.
Don't get me wrong, I realise it's not a preference everyone would be comfortable with but with Bravo I get the impression the damage is done.
I thought he did reasonably well against WBA, but thought there were still overall defensive uncertainties that we haven't seen in the league with Ederson in goals.

It's not all Bravo's fault and it was different last season with the FB's we had. It was a cumulative thing.

I don't think he will be around long term and yes we need an experienced backup keeper for the league and UCL.
Would I play Muric in the league cup though? Yes I would.
Do I think Pep will? No I don't.
I'd like to see Foden and Diaz get a game too, but I think winning a cup is too high a priority.

I think youngsters losing a game would be forgiven. Wait and see the furore if we play a strong team and we mess up with one defensive mistake, with Bravo at the helm.

In short I understand why Bravo is there but I would prefer to see the youngster play.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Don't know what to make of Bravo. He's obviously nowhere near as shit as he appeared last season. There had to be something else going on for him to play that badly, so maybe whatever it was is over with.

have carefully read all your considerations on this weird case, as You know one thing or two about Goalkeeping, Fu.
almost generally agree on calls to keep calm.
still I find myself in the very same position of PB.
I really hoped that after waters passed down the bridge, and with some confidence boost received by decent summer performances with Chile, the guy might start resembling the decent player he has been before coming at us.
but You can't deny that the total unawareness showed in the league cup, almost costing a re-match, was disheartening...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

have carefully read all your considerations on this weird case, as You know one thing or two about Goalkeeping, Fu.
I really hoped that after waters passed down the bridge, and with some confidence boost received by decent summer performances with Chile, the guy might start resembling the decent player he has been before coming at us.
but You can't deny that the total unawareness showed in the league cup, almost costing a re-match, was disheartening...

What unawareness are you referring to?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

did you see what happened just before the corner which led to equalizer, mate?
don't want to be harsh, but I felt we were lucky not to get Stones injuried on that hail mary clearance.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

did you see what happened just before the corner which led to equalizer, mate?
don't want to be harsh, but I felt we were lucky not to get Stones injuried on that hail mary clearance.

Bravo called for it, Stones ignored him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum