Ederson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ederson

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 am

Never gonna be back against the wall all game with this team. The sign of a good stopper is coming up with the goods when needed. Ederson does that. In addition he contributes to our possession game.

And the main thing for me, he has a fucking presence.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 am

That throw out to set Sane away was a thing of beauty or the kick from his hands with the really low trajectory, thought he'd messed it up at first and then I see Aguero latching on to it in space out wide, excellent distribution.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:12 am

First thing comes into mind is the save he had against Salah at 1-0 and while with equal players.
Also good save in the last minutes vs Bournemouth.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 am

i think that he is world class
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

I'm skeptical because of the last one, but he's got me warming pretty bloody quickly.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

phips wrote:disclaimer: i am NOT criticizing him. he's already far and away better than Bravo and looks like a good keeper both with his feet and his hands.

moving on.
has he actually been tested? im trying to recall all of our matches and we've had the ball for most of them so im wondering if we actually know about Emerson yet. he obviously had the huge gaffe vs United in preseason and a few whiffs on corners but he's made basically every save and has been quick off his line. but he hasn't faced a barrage of shots from quality players yet i dont think. he still feels a little untested thus far.

Untested?? In a team that tends to have around 70% of the possession your not going to get him touching the ball and making saves every few minutes. What you want is a keeper that is switched on all of the time and that can hold his concentration. On Saturday I don't recall him touching the ball until the very last minute of the first half when the ball was played through to the Palace forward, Ederson was on him in a flash and slid out and got the ball. That is just as important as a flying save.

He was clearly tested last night and came through with flying colours. He's aggressive and constantly on the front foot, he can also distribute with both his feet and hands and clearly oozes confidence which has spread throughout the team. I am not really sure what more you want him to do, maybe do the samba or the Poznan? He is a huge upgrade and I love just how unflashy he is. Any young goalkeeper should watch him. He is top class.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby phips » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:First thing comes into mind is the save he had against Salah at 1-0 and while with equal players.
Also good save in the last minutes vs Bournemouth.

cheers. i dont remember these at all. poor memory and all.

fangsanalsatan wrote:Of course he has been tested. He's been tested in exactly the environment he'll find himself in for most of the time. We'll have the lion's share of possession in most games and he is expected to

1 be available to recycle from the back
2 rush off his line if necessary
3 keep his concentration up even if he only faces one shot on goal all game

I'd say he's done pretty damn well with every one of those. Plus, his throws and kicks into our breaking speedsters yesterday were sublime. Fantastic accuracy and range.

that is true. good stuff.

i guess im just thinking about "the unknown" which i guess is him withstanding a barrage of shots on goal throughout the match but, like you said, thats probably not going to be a situation he finds himself in since what we've seen so far this season is likely going to be the environment he's in all year. and as we both said, he's done well.

Plain Speaking wrote:I thought he was tested last night and was excellent. I voted him MoTM. Great distribution, confident with the ball at his feet, quick off his line, commands his area plus quick reactions for diving saves. He gives our defence much more confidence. I loved Joe Hart but Ederson genuinely seems an upgrade in all departments.

thanks mate. i didnt really great to watch the majority of the match yesterday with it not being televised and being unable to use streams at work so i didnt know any of this, but none of it is really surprising given his form so far this season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

From the OS:

John Stones has hailed the impact of Ederson since the goalkeeper's move from Benfica in the summer.
City have kept five clean sheets so far this season and the Brazilian hasn’t conceded a goal for over a month since Charlie Daniels' unstoppable opener in City’s 2-1 win away at Bournemouth.

Stones says that kind of solidity was one of the team's prime targets ahead of the new campaign and believes Ederson’s arrival has been vital in strengthening City's backline.

“It’s credit to him,” Stones said after City’s 2-0 win over Shakhtar Donetsk.

“It’s not easy coming from another country. I wouldn’t know that but from speaking to the boys in the past who have come over to the Premier League, it’s a different culture, different language, and he’s settled quickly.

“He’s speaking to us on the pitch - he’s a vocal presence and a presence as a person, which is credit to him.”
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:15 pm

I think those varicose veins round his neck need looking at.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 pm

phips wrote:but none of it is really surprising given his form so far this season

This is how people know you're just provoking people on here and/or are a special kind of stupid.

How would you know what form he is in unless he has been tested? And if you know that he is in good form, why are you asking if he has been tested?

You are an absolute melt.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bluedj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
phips wrote:disclaimer: i am NOT criticizing him. he's already far and away better than Bravo and looks like a good keeper both with his feet and his hands.

moving on.
has he actually been tested? im trying to recall all of our matches and we've had the ball for most of them so im wondering if we actually know about Emerson yet. he obviously had the huge gaffe vs United in preseason and a few whiffs on corners but he's made basically every save and has been quick off his line. but he hasn't faced a barrage of shots from quality players yet i dont think. he still feels a little untested thus far.

Untested?? In a team that tends to have around 70% of the possession your not going to get him touching the ball and making saves every few minutes. What you want is a keeper that is switched on all of the time and that can hold his concentration. On Saturday I don't recall him touching the ball until the very last minute of the first half when the ball was played through to the Palace forward, Ederson was on him in a flash and slid out and got the ball. That is just as important as a flying save.

He was clearly tested last night and came through with flying colours. He's aggressive and constantly on the front foot, he can also distribute with both his feet and hands and clearly oozes confidence which has spread throughout the team. I am not really sure what more you want him to do, maybe do the samba or the Poznan? He is a huge upgrade and I love just how unflashy he is. Any young goalkeeper should watch him. He is top class.

I concur fully with you there Sis'. This guy oozes confidence, class and all the components of a world class keeper and he's only 23. When Claudio the clown is in goal, the defence really goes to pieces. Watch the WBA cup game in the second half. Nuff said!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 pm

I love him, he's funky.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Yeah he looks good alright, confidence starting from the back, must do defenders the world of good.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby PrezIke » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm quite impressed so far for all of the reasons mentioned.

He has all of the tools to become considered one of best keepers in the world.

phips, I'd send you a PM with info on a place you can watch full replays of games, but seems you have that feature turned off.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 pm

I've spoken my delight at Eddie several times since Pep's very fine capture.
Now that even the word of our very own resident kepper has been, so eloquently, spoken, I think we might well close the thread and enjoy the luxury of having such a key role, covered with a world class, for more than a decade, imho.

well, perhaps not... always worth to have a space where to sign the praise of a special lad, isn't it?
Last edited by Swales4ever on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Swales4ever wrote:I've spoken my delight at Eddie several times since Pep's very fine capture.
Now that even the word of our very own resident kepper has been, so eloquently, spoken, I think we might well close the thread and enjoy the luxury of having such a key role, covered with a world class, for more than a decade, imho.

well, perhaps not... always worth to have a space where to sign the praise of a special lad, isn't it?

Are you aware that Swales had a worse comb over than the convicted ticket tout Bert Charlton?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Burt wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:I've spoken my delight at Eddie several times since Pep's very fine capture.

Are you aware that Swales had a worse comb over than the convicted ticket tout Bert Charlton?

my awareness of the Club's "not existing" History is improving by the day, Mate.
but, not, among the many screws and fuckups by mr. Pete, that is one I didn't know.

still, my friend, I can tell You that my nick swoop has been carefully evaluated and proven righteous, if You think of that a man of immense qualities like Khaldoon took 4 years to realize and start fixing.

edit: also, on a personal note, if happened to have look on how pitiful my descent to baldiness looks, when I take to much to get to the barber... you might well wanna revise your ranking on hairstyle shames.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

moving on.

This ^
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Burt wrote:

my awareness of the Club's "not existing" History is improving by the day, Mate.
but, not, among the many screws and fuckups by mr. Pete, that is one I didn't know.

still, my friend, I can tell You that my nick swoop has been carefully evaluated and proven righteous, if You think of that a man of immense qualities like Khaldoon took 4 years to realize and start fixing.

edit: also, on a personal note, if happened to have look on how pitiful my descent to baldiness looks, when I take to much to get to the barber... you might well wanna revise your ranking on hairstyle shames.

What's this strange, alien and obscure concept of a 'barber' all about ?? :o :o

It sounds like a most painful, testing and unnecessary ordeal to have to undergo. :? :?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Burt wrote:

What's this strange, alien and obscure concept of a 'barber' all about ?? :o :o

It sounds like a most painful, testing and unnecessary ordeal to have to undergo. :? :?

didnt meant any headache, MC. :lol:
simple as that when I let those few growing too much wild the overall outlook isnt much appealing :oops:
despite being italian, never been keen on grease or the modern likes.
hope have help out Yr bewilderment ;)

also hope our Burt had enough "goalkeeping" enlightenment from all this brilliant stuff :roll:

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum