Yaya

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Yaya signs up for another year. Predictable but welcome.
blues2win
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5146
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Happy with that
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Very happy with that. Was getting worried that he'd follow Bobby Manc to Zenit. But he's sticking with the club he loves!

Great last season and I pity the fool who writes Yaya off this year
User avatar
bigblue
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7156
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Yaya

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm not entirely sure...but is there another Yaya thread somewhere?
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Love him.
Image
london blue 2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7782
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:11 pm

aaron bond wrote:I'm not entirely sure...but is there another Yaya thread somewhere?


What does he actually do?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13190
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:21 pm

aaron bond wrote:I'm not entirely sure...but is there another Yaya thread somewhere?

Only about 15
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 pm

It seemed to me that his signing up for another year warranted a new thread.
blues2win
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5146
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:29 pm

blues2win wrote:It seemed to me that his signing up for another year warranted a new thread.


I agree. New signing new thread!

Besides I think we've finally worked out what he does

Mind you, there's still time to edit it to a more imaginative title
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13190
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:59 pm

And all without any fuss or his agent sticking his beak in. A refreshing change.

So that's two new signings and an important contract renewal before any of our rivals have done any business. Sweet.
nottsblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:And all without any fuss or his agent sticking his beak in. A refreshing change.


Cheeky enticed him over with a birthday cake loaded with ketamine then locked him boot room it being closed season and all ;)
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 pm

If he only.stays one last season it will be a magnificent send off for him with the quadruple :lol:
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28367
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Great news.

Let's us give him a proper goodbye and he fully deserves it after his performance this season.

WW, you read my mind...why not? :twisted:
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4239
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:If he only.stays one last season it will be a magnificent send off for him with the quadruple :lol:


is it too early to start the quadruaple thread??
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Yaya

Postby City64 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Funny thing is will Yaya actually get much game time next season if our midfield stays fit etc ? Brilliant back up to have though !
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 pm

City64 wrote:Funny thing is will Yaya actually get much game time next season if our midfield stays fit etc ? Brilliant back up to have though !


I don't think he would of signed another contract tbh if he wasn't given some kind of assurances he would get
"big
Game " time . Why waste your last big chance of out of this world money , for a pay cut to sit on our bench .
I just sit back and think of all the great times he has give us Fookin Awesome . Glad he will be here next season
carolina-blue
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
City64 wrote:Funny thing is will Yaya actually get much game time next season if our midfield stays fit etc ? Brilliant back up to have though !


I don't think he would of signed another contract tbh if he wasn't given some kind of assurances he would get
"big
Game " time . Why waste your last big chance of out of this world money , for a pay cut to sit on our bench .
I just sit back and think of all the great times he has give us Fookin Awesome . Glad he will be here next season


Maybe he's convinced that City's plan is s good 'un and next year could be special and he'd like to go out on a high.
Having seen the send off Zabba got, it may be the love he's craved all this time.

Maybe the penny has dropped that that kind of love is earned not demanded.

If we got one more special year out of him we could be in for a treat.
Image
iwasthere2012
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Yaya

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
City64 wrote:Funny thing is will Yaya actually get much game time next season if our midfield stays fit etc ? Brilliant back up to have though !


I don't think he would of signed another contract tbh if he wasn't given some kind of assurances he would get
"big
Game " time . Why waste your last big chance of out of this world money , for a pay cut to sit on our bench .
I just sit back and think of all the great times he has give us Fookin Awesome . Glad he will be here next season


Maybe he's convinced that City's plan is s good 'un and next year could be special and he'd like to go out on a high.
Having seen the send off Zabba got, it may be the love he's craved all this time.

Maybe the penny has dropped that that kind of love is earned not demanded.

If we got one more special year out of him we could be in for a treat.



I approve this message.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Image
Tru_Blu
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: BERMUDA!!
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 am

And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29976
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:50 am

Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.


my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron bond, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], carolina-blue, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 49 guests