Yaya

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.


my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc


Could be but I believe Khaldoon will want him within the City group after he hangs up his boots.

Anyways I am happy with him staying, he is my spirit animal.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29971
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 am

Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.


my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc


Could be but I believe Khaldoon will want him within the City group after he hangs up his boots.

Anyways I am happy with him staying, he is my spirit animal.


in what sort of capacity? he would want to be paid a daft amount of money to stick around...
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am

john@staustell wrote:
blues2win wrote:It seemed to me that his signing up for another year warranted a new thread.


I agree. New signing new thread!

Besides I think we've finally worked out what he does

Mind you, there's still time to edit it to a more imaginative title

"What is Yaya Toure actually going to do" ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Swansea
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Re: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 am

He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19511
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.



Cant see him playing 50-60 games either!
Assuming we bring in another midfielder he is a good back up to have, after all next season is only 2 months away...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.
Image
london blue 2
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7769
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 am

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.


Exactly right
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12601
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.


Good point with the chairman talking about Zabba
Coming back one day You never know
carolina-blue
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.


my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc


Could be but I believe Khaldoon will want him within the City group after he hangs up his boots.

Anyways I am happy with him staying, he is my spirit animal.


in what sort of capacity? he would want to be paid a daft amount of money to stick around...


Didn't he just take a 60% paycut to stick around?

Anyway, I am sure there are 100 jobs he could do. Club Ambassador comes to mind but maybe he wants to go the coaching route instead.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29971
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Absolutely Slim, I can see him doing his badges whilst learning more from the collective CFG, shadowing staff at academy, Vieira in NY etc.

Even if it means he has an ambassador role whilst he got his badges..
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Yaya

Postby Vantage » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 pm

The Sky Sports interview he did was great.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: The Island of Guernsey
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Bernabia

Re: Yaya

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:06 am

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.


Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.
Very happy that I'll see him play for us for another season at least.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Gold Coast, Down Under
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.


Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.
Very happy that I'll see him play for us for another season at least.


It's not only his skill and size, he has such an incredible feel for the rhythm of the game. To know when to play it short, when to pass long, when to shift the field is so intuitive for Yaya.
User avatar
bigblue
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7155
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:23 am

bigblue wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.


Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.
Very happy that I'll see him play for us for another season at least.


It's not only his skill and size, he has such an incredible feel for the rhythm of the game. To know when to play it short, when to pass long, when to shift the field is so intuitive for Yaya.


I agree with you both if we're talking about an in-form Yaya who bothers to show up. I love the big man, but let us not forget all the games in which he virtually was a passenger in Peller's last season. There were plenty on here who said his legs were gone and wanted us to get rid.
He seems in much better shape now, both physically and mentally, and overall he's been a great, steadying influence, but this season there have also been a couple of games that just seemed to pass him by.
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 am

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.



Cant see him playing 50-60 games either!
Assuming we bring in another midfielder he is a good back up to have, after all next season is only 2 months away...


I said the same this season, but there is something about Yaya that no other player in the world has. When you think he is finished he comes back again and does what he does best.

I think he will also win a couple of points on his own next season.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7574
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Yaya

Postby aaron bond » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:26 am

mr_nool wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.


Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.
Very happy that I'll see him play for us for another season at least.


It's not only his skill and size, he has such an incredible feel for the rhythm of the game. To know when to play it short, when to pass long, when to shift the field is so intuitive for Yaya.


I agree with you both if we're talking about an in-form Yaya who bothers to show up. I love the big man, but let us not forget all the games in which he virtually was a passenger in Peller's last season. There were plenty on here who said his legs were gone and wanted us to get rid.
He seems in much better shape now, both physically and mentally, and overall he's been a great, steadying influence, but this season there have also been a couple of games that just seemed to pass him by.


Completely agree.

Yaya was very poor in Pellegrini's last season and was nowhere near his best and I wouldn't have had any issue selling him that summer. With his form and the endless sagas with his agent, Pep did the right thing I'm dropping him at the start of the season.

And it clearly worked with Yaya returning to the side and playing some great football.

I'm delighted he's staying. I didn't think he'd return to form after his decline at the end of Pellegrini's reign but he really has. And after all this time, if we're struggling in a match he is still the one person I want on the ball as he can create something out of nothing.

We need to have a long term replacement in mind for him because his time with us won't last much longer and he is a key part of how we play.
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: Yaya

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:31 am

Silva is our greatest ever player BUT Yaya is our most important
Two's Kompany
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:46 am
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Re: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:41 am

aaron bond wrote:
Completely agree.

Yaya was very poor in Pellegrini's last season and was nowhere near his best and I wouldn't have had any issue selling him that summer. With his form and the endless sagas with his agent, Pep did the right thing I'm dropping him at the start of the season.

And it clearly worked with Yaya returning to the side and playing some great football.

I'm delighted he's staying. I didn't think he'd return to form after his decline at the end of Pellegrini's reign but he really has. And after all this time, if we're struggling in a match he is still the one person I want on the ball as he can create something out of nothing.

We need to have a long term replacement in mind for him because his time with us won't last much longer and he is a key part of how we play.


I doubt there is a replacement out there. We might have to change the way we play instead.
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:42 am

Peps handling of Yaya has also had the benefit of showing everyone else who is boss. When Aguero was left out in favour of Jesus, it would've been easy for him to have a mardy fit. But he didn't. He knuckled down and got on with it and ended the season superbly well. Just maybe he saw that Pep was not to be trifled with and had a much more ironclad approach than Pellegrini had. Pep rarely, if ever, calls his players out in public, unlike the imbecile at the swamp, but you can bet he can be harsh in the dressing room and on the training field. Just how it should be
nottsblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10673
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:03 am

Image
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7574
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bluedj, blues2win, BoffinBlue, carolina-blue, CTID Hants, CuteMancs, Exabot [Bot], Foreverinbluedreams, Google [Bot], johnnyondioline, MUS, nottsblue, Piccsnumberoneblue, Yahoo Slurp [Bot], Yukscore and 50 guests