Bosmans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bosmans

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:56 am

PeterParker wrote:I don't think bosmans are a thing anymore, at least at the very high level. Usually the teams sell one year before it all ends with the player, because they know he is not signing a new contract.

I think the "semi" bosman we last sign was Sterling? One year before his contract expiration date?

Hard to find anyone good enough today, clubs tend to secure their top players.

The rags got Zlatan on a free and he's scored a few for them this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:00 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I don't think bosmans are a thing anymore, at least at the very high level. Usually the teams sell one year before it all ends with the player, because they know he is not signing a new contract.

I think the "semi" bosman we last sign was Sterling? One year before his contract expiration date?

Thats only because Big Nose is greedy out, letting his contract run out so he could hold the next club to ransom. How many clubs has he been through?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:05 am

Mase wrote:

Of course, you can add Milner to that list, but when was Jimmy a top player? :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Juve got Khedira and Alves for free. I'd consider both of them top players, which their performances since joining have proved
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Of course, you can add Milner to that list, but when was Jimmy a top player? :lol:

He became a top player when he signed for the Dippers; they only sign top players and Klipperty probably said he was anyway.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

He became a top player when he signed for the Dippers; they only sign top players and Klipperty probably said he was anyway.

Went there for the 'istory. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:56 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Went there for the 'istory. :lol:

Serious question, but I wonder if he got a pay increase when he went glory hunting with the Dippers or, on the other hand, if he took a pay cut to go and play in his favoured left back position for them ??

Apart from any signing on fee he would have received, surely he didn't take a pay cut ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Socrates » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Thats only because Big Nose is greedy out, letting his contract run out so he could hold the next club to ransom. How many clubs has he been through?

and therein lies the reality that they aren't really cheap, is easy to get caught up in transfer fees alone when comparing value but a low or zero fee for a top player just means the money is spent on hefty signing on fees or higher wages instead.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Serious question, but I wonder if he got a pay increase when he went glory hunting with the Dippers or, on the other hand, if he took a pay cut to go and play in his favoured left back position for them ??

Apart from any signing on fee he would have received, surely he didn't take a pay cut ??

I don't think Scouse pay more than us at the moment. I think Chelsea, rags and us are the highest salary payers in the league. I think he went there because, in his mind, he would take Gerrard's place in the team and will play every game.

He was partially right.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:14 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Serious question, but I wonder if he got a pay increase when he went glory hunting with the Dippers or, on the other hand, if he took a pay cut to go and play in his favoured left back position for them ??

Reports at the time suggested he took a £15k a week pay cut but you can be sure that with the signing on fee and the length of contract offered that Jimmy wasn't out of pocket.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Reports at the time suggested he took a £15k a week pay cut but you can be sure that with the signing on fee and the length of contract offered that Jimmy wasn't out of pocket.

prob the one PL player i hate most right now. moved ahead of costa, fabregas, fellaini and even shrek. congrats jimmy, you absolute c*nt.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

prob the PL player i hate most right now. moved ahead of costa, fabregas and even shrek. congrats jimmy, you absolute c*nt.

Interesting call Bob.

Costa, Fabregas and Shrek are total scum bags, but scum bags from a distance.

Milner was someone we took as one of our own, but who now seems content/intent to urinate all over us whenever he can.

What a way for him to treat us now.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Hated him when he was here too - just the sort of bloke I cannot stand and he was majorly overrated
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

prob the one PL player i hate most right now. moved ahead of costa, fabregas, fellaini and even shrek. congrats jimmy, you absolute c*nt.

Ahead of Shrek? Can understand Fabregas or Costa but Shrek. Each to their own though. However Milner has really upped the ante since his dipper move in being loathed.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Ahead of Shrek? Can understand Fabregas or Costa but Shrek. Each to their own though. However Milner has really upped the ante since his dipper move in being loathed.

It feels as though Shrek is now becoming a bloated, hideous figure of mirthful ridicule and his loathing factor is becoming reduced, to some extent, to be replaced by pure scorn for his abject and embarrassing attempts to now play football.

Milner, on the other hand, is charting a new course in trying to scale the heights of animosity and vituperation, by the way he seems to be currently conducting himself.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

It feels as though Shrek is now becoming a bloated, hideous figure of mirthful ridicule and his loathing factor is becoming reduced, to some extent, to be replaced by pure scorn for his abject and embarrassing attempts to now play football.

Milner, on the other hand, is charting a new course in trying to scale the heights of animosity and vituperation, by the way he seems to be currently conducting himself.

Shrek always has been and always will be a figure of hate in my house. Regardless of where he ends up playing, I can't see him leaving the luxury of a £300k a week contract for the next two years by the way, I will still hate him.

How this buffoon ever got to be the official captain of my country I shall never understand as long as I live and breathe
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum