Chelsea V Manchester City, Full Members Cup Final 1986

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chelsea V Manchester City, Full Members Cup Final 1986

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am

City had a rich history pre-take over. I think we still hold the record for largest football crowd ever in England with a crowd back at Maine Road.

I also highly doubt any other side in England could fall in to England’s 3rd tier and still regularly count on over 26,000 turning up.For example Newcastle nearly went bust with handfuls turnning up.

Who on here remembers this game ?, cant believe this gamet took place over 30 years ago, I was a young lad then ;) ,feeling really old watching this. :( Great watching some of our old idols. You got more access to players in those days, bumping in to them in Pubs etc. I remember enjoying a pre-match Derby once in the Parkside with a couple of City players,one was Welsh lad,first teamer, who hated the RAGS forgot their names, still it was pretty cool.i remember Paul Stewart liking a pint, or two, maybe 3… :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6qkXMfRm0
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Chelsea V Manchester City, Full Members Cup Final 1986

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:46 am

I was at Wembley, the day after a Manchester derby if I remember correctly. In tears at 5-1, then honestly thought we were going to complete the comeback in time. Unfortunately not, but an entertaining day out.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby blue b4 the moon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 am

With all the second half goals I always feel robbed that the referee blew up to soon, was lively dodging the Chelsea fans after the game.
blue b4 the moon
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:39 am

I was behind the goal for that game and remember the Chelsea fans running across the seats in the last 10 mins and scrapping with us. Crazy game. I remember the city ball boys climbing up the fencing when we scored the 4th.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum