North stand extension

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

North stand extension

Postby shortagain » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 am

Just looking at relocation arrangements made me wonder what has happened to the extension plans for the North Stand. Anyone have any up to date info ?
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: North stand extension

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 am

I read a while back that if they hadn't broken ground by Spring of this year, then the planning permission would lapse. I don't know whether re-applying for this is just a formality, but it seems the plans have been put on the back-burner for the time being.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby shortagain » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:06 am

Typically, planning lasts for 5 years so North Stand is unlikely to expire any time soon. Just wondered if club has decided against doing it although reportedly 41,000 season tickets issued with 10,000 on waiting list. Maybe waiting to see how this renewal cycle goes before committing
shortagain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 am

shortagain wrote:Typically, planning lasts for 5 years so North Stand is unlikely to expire any time soon. Just wondered if club has decided against doing it although reportedly 41,000 season tickets issued with 10,000 on waiting list. Maybe waiting to see how this renewal cycle goes before committing

My parents apparently got a letter addressed to me yesterday saying that I'm on the waiting list and am now eligible to buy a ticket (using a £100 deposit that I've never paid as a discount), so I wouldn't trust the club's waiting list figures.

This is where I read the info: http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/06/manch ... his_season

What adds to their credibility is the fact that the latest phase of Etihad Stadium revamp already has planning permission. It was granted in 2014 and will only be valid until early 2017. If City don’t start work by February, they will have to reapply.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:14 am

The planning approval to which you refer is in respect of both South & North stand, so I suspect the work having commenced on South stand (completed) extends the approval until such time as the work on North stand is done. I await being corrected in my assumption, but was only trying to find out why the work isn't being done this summer or if it is going to be done at all
shortagain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 am

I think you're right, actually. Looking at the PP itself, it states:

1) The development must be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason - Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

2) In these conditions, the following phrases shall have the meanings set out below:
Additional capacity – shall mean the capacity of the Etihad Stadium in excess of 47,670 seats which is provided by the development hereby approved and references to the use of the additional capacity shall include the sale of any ticket for the use of any seat within the Etihad Stadium located within either the south or north stand or pitch side seating as expanded by the development hereby approved.

Phase 1 – Shall mean the construction of the south stand and its associated public realm works;

Phase 2 – Shall mean the construction of the north stand and its associated public realm works.

Which I'd take to imply that only Phase 1 had to be started within 3 years, allowing Phase 2 to be undertaken whenever the club feel like it.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:53 pm

From what I've heard from inside the club they are finishing the tunnel work so it up and running before start on the season and then next yr north stand starts, with the square and shop going and the shop being built onto the back of stand
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum