International Break

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: International Break

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12081
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: International Break

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.

They may look like high profile games but in reality they're just money makers for the Association's. Our guys aren't there to line their pockets so the less game time the better for me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: International Break

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.

They may look like high profile games but in reality they're just money makers for the Association's. Our guys aren't there to line their pockets so the less game time the better for me.

Hope Walker just sits on the bench. Delph and Sterling stay at home. Anyone know if Brazil play at all and if Fern, Danilo, Jesus and Ederson are taking part? Assume Aguero will be with Argentina if they play? Hope KDB has sacked off Belgium as well.

Be happy if none of our boys play to be honest. Seems a bit churlish I know as it wasn't long ago I for one was thrilled when one of our boys got an international call up.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12081
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: International Break

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.

They may look like high profile games but in reality they're just money makers for the Association's. Our guys aren't there to line their pockets so the less game time the better for me.

Hope Walker just sits on the bench. Delph and Sterling stay at home. Anyone know if Brazil play at all and if Fern, Danilo, Jesus and Ederson are taking part? Assume Aguero will be with Argentina if they play? Hope KDB has sacked off Belgium as well.

Be happy if none of our boys play to be honest. Seems a bit churlish I know as it wasn't long ago I for one was thrilled when one of our boys got an international call up.

Had a look at the BBC story about them pulling out and read a few comments. My God they're ignorant bastards, digging into Sterling and saying he's not good enough anyway. Was nice to see a Blue pointing out him being the top of the goal scoring stats and having a few assists as well.

They're just bitter bastards who don't have an opinion, just spout what they've heard in the media.

And these are the so called football fans that you just don't give time to, don't get into a football conversation with, and definitely don't let them drag you down to their level. Just tell them to fuck off and don't allow them within earshot.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: International Break

Postby Justified logic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Germany and Brazil play England at Wembley so that will cut down travel for quite a few of our team.

Argentina play both games in Russia: Moscow and Krasnodar.

Belgium and Portugal both have two home games.

Spain are at home and then in Russia.
Justified logic
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: International Break

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.

They may look like high profile games but in reality they're just money makers for the Association's. Our guys aren't there to line their pockets so the less game time the better for me.

Hope Walker just sits on the bench. Delph and Sterling stay at home. Anyone know if Brazil play at all and if Fern, Danilo, Jesus and Ederson are taking part? Assume Aguero will be with Argentina if they play? Hope KDB has sacked off Belgium as well.

Be happy if none of our boys play to be honest. Seems a bit churlish I know as it wasn't long ago I for one was thrilled when one of our boys got an international call up.

Had a look at the BBC story about them pulling out and read a few comments. My God they're ignorant bastards, digging into Sterling and saying he's not good enough anyway. Was nice to see a Blue pointing out him being the top of the goal scoring stats and having a few assists as well.

They're just bitter bastards who don't have an opinion, just spout what they've heard in the media.

And these are the so called football fans that you just don't give time to, don't get into a football conversation with, and definitely don't let them drag you down to their level. Just tell them to fuck off and don't allow them within earshot.

Excellently put, Beefy.
on such a resolutive evidence I may be tempted to incite a kinda "fiscal strike", but today's boredom has already had me crossing enough bounderies, apparently. :(
very sad state of Public information, surely.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: International Break

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Normally I can't abide the International breaks. But as it goes I think it could have arrived just at the right time. Our boys were just starting to look a bit jaded and this could hopefully give a few of them a much deserved break.

They may look like high profile games but in reality they're just money makers for the Association's. Our guys aren't there to line their pockets so the less game time the better for me.

Hope Walker just sits on the bench. Delph and Sterling stay at home. Anyone know if Brazil play at all and if Fern, Danilo, Jesus and Ederson are taking part? Assume Aguero will be with Argentina if they play? Hope KDB has sacked off Belgium as well.

Be happy if none of our boys play to be honest. Seems a bit churlish I know as it wasn't long ago I for one was thrilled when one of our boys got an international call up.

Had a look at the BBC story about them pulling out and read a few comments. My God they're ignorant bastards, digging into Sterling and saying he's not good enough anyway. Was nice to see a Blue pointing out him being the top of the goal scoring stats and having a few assists as well.

They're just bitter bastards who don't have an opinion, just spout what they've heard in the media.

And these are the so called football fans that you just don't give time to, don't get into a football conversation with, and definitely don't let them drag you down to their level. Just tell them to fuck off and don't allow them within earshot.

Excellently put, Beefy.
on such a resolutive evidence I may be tempted to incite a kinda "fiscal strike", but today's boredom has already had me crossing enough bounderies, apparently. :(
very sad state of Public information, surely.

The Beeb maybe publicly funded but it's not adverse to commercialism, especially when it comes to the old Sky 4.

What is worse is the sheep that believe the shit the media spout. The Sterling issue was a prime example, where Liverpool fed the media with an agenda to discredit him which they lapped up and put an even bigger spin out that turned the majority of the footballing following populus into lobotomised idiots.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: International Break

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: International Break

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Chinners wrote:Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully


Not bad so far mate
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16067
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: International Break

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Chinners wrote:Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully


Not bad so far mate


Yep, all pressure from the Swizz but some great defending from Ireland with the occasional break
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: International Break

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Chinners wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Chinners wrote:Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully


Not bad so far mate


Yep, all pressure from the Swizz but some great defending from Ireland with the occasional break

the two footer on Dallas early doors has taken a yard out of him
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: International Break

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Chinners wrote:Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully


Not bad so far mate


Yep, all pressure from the Swizz but some great defending from Ireland with the occasional break

the two footer on Dallas early doors has taken a yard out of him


A red all day long that was .... speaking of red, the ex one has had a bloody good game ... probably their best player tbf
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: International Break

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Chinners wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Chinners wrote:Quite looking forward to the N.Ireland v Swizz game, reckon it could be quite an exciting match ... hopefully


Not bad so far mate


Yep, all pressure from the Swizz but some great defending from Ireland with the occasional break


Ah hold on a minute chinballs, that's not Ireland :roll: :lol:
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16067
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: International Break

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 pm

ha ha ... sorry, my appologies .... NORTHERN Ireland

(tbh I call the Republic .... Ireland as well)
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: International Break

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Shocking penalty decision - what's the Romanian currency these days - this refs just earned a lot of them in his brown envelope, + a bonus for letting them kick Dallas out of the game
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: International Break

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Schoolboy error from NI, clearly didn't pay as much as Switzerland did! For a game of this magnitude, to get a decision as crucial as this so badly wrong is scandalous. If only there was some sort of Video technology that could be used......
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12081
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: International Break

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Chinners wrote:ha ha ... sorry, my appologies .... NORTHERN Ireland

(tbh I call the Republic .... Ireland as well)

You see Chinners we’ve been saying for years it’s all Ireland but it seems to upset people.
Best get it right.
Image
iwasthere2012
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7111
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: International Break

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Gerry Taggart going ballistic post match about the ref
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: International Break

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Chinners wrote:ha ha ... sorry, my appologies .... NORTHERN Ireland

(tbh I call the Republic .... Ireland as well)

You see Chinners we’ve been saying for years it’s all Ireland but it seems to upset people.
Best get it right.

well... Chinnera seems to be very upwind these days.... he must have sniffed something out that DUP lot, You know...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: International Break

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Chinners wrote:ha ha ... sorry, my appologies .... NORTHERN Ireland

(tbh I call the Republic .... Ireland as well)

You see Chinners we’ve been saying for years it’s all Ireland but it seems to upset people.
Best get it right.

well... Chinnera seems to be very upwind these days.... he must have sniffed something out that DUP lot, You know...


??? Nobody knows ...

Image
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, ayrshireblue, Baidu [Spider], barryconlonsbaldspot, Bing [Bot], BlueinBosnia, carl_feedthegoat, Chinners, CTID Hants, CuteMancs, Douglas Higginbottom, everyonehatesus, gillie, Google [Bot], Hutch's Shoulder, Justified logic, Lev Bronstein, london blue 2, Mase, Mikhail Chigorin, mr_nool, nottsblue, patrickblue, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), PeterParker, South Stand Balti and 57 guests