Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 am

PrezIke wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:He's a match winner. Can't have too many of them. With Nolito and Navas off the books, there's certainly room. Am I alone in this thinking he'd be a great capture for City?


He'd be good signing as "cherry on top of the cake". However we need complete defence revamp. I mean keeper was (hopefully) a good start but we need at least one world class (that's the tricky bit) centerback and probably at least three fullbacks. I'd love to have quality holding midfielder or box-to-box midfielder as well. We could do with Sanchez but can live without him as well.


Not really thinking the club is aligned with your assessment mate.

Now, if Kompany picks up another injury this summer then I can see us doing this, but otherwise I'm not convinced they see things the way you do. An issue here is there aren't exactly many of these available. Who would your target be?

Stones needs to play to improve, and was performing well until he was injured. Then Otamendi was playing quite well along side Vinny. So well that Pep didn't even bring Stones back in for the last few games after he was fit. What player of such a level would want to compete with 3 other CB's? I am assuming you would sell Otamendi then?

As for fullbacks, we are clearly going to sign at least 2, and probably 3. There are loads of stories out there that we are trying to sign such players so this idea that we cannot focus on both attack and defence seems odd to me. It's not as if we are going to ignore the fact that we have let 3 of our fullbacks go, right?

With our attack, I think I disagree. We do need to improve it if we want to get to the next level as a club. I love Sane, Jesus and Sterling, but they are nowhere near as proven as Sanchez, and I read that we created the most chances in the PL but our rate of chance conversion compared to Chelsea's (for example) was drastically different.

We were nowhere near clinical enough for all of the talent we have and it very much led to our record just as much as our defence, arguably, because if we converted on some key chances this season I think we would have been challenging for the title.

Alexis is exactly the kind of player we need so we can take on Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern and move ahead of clubs in the PL as THE team to beat. I constantly heard we had the best squad the last 2 seasons, but I have disagreed due to weaknesses we are looking to address, and adding Pep helps with as well. If by some miracle we sign Mbappe this summer (I doubt it), while he's not as proven for as long as Sanchez, he has already shown it consistently at the highest levels which our young attacking players have yet to show.

I really hope we sign him and believe we will benefit so immensely from it that the defensive worries will be less problematic, especially if we have fullbacks that truly fit Pep's philosophy -- which seems sure to happen.


I would give the combined value of sanchez x 3 for Mbappe. He will be a savage footballer, we should be well in there before his value reaches 300m in a few years.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5286
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:06 pm

American Cityzens podcast went over the point I was making about Sanchez being more than a "luxury" signing.

We scored 80 goals this season in the PL.

Kun with 20.

Our wingers scored a grand total of 16 out of those 80.

The rest from central oriented players.

Sane and Sterling scored 12 combined. Nolito had 4 and that was early in the season.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Spurge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup
User avatar
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Location Location
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby sheblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.


Let's hope he can score plenty of goals because if we don't get out shit together and sign three decent defenders we will conceade loads....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5286
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 pm

sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.


Let's hope he can score plenty of goals because if we don't get out shit together and sign three decent defenders we will conceade loads....

Only the rags, spuds and chavs conceded less. I think regardless of who we sign we will be better defensively if only for the fact we have had Pep for a year and will have got to grips a bit better of what he expects and wants us to do.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.


Let's hope he can score plenty of goals because if we don't get out shit together and sign three decent defenders we will conceade loads....

Only the rags, spuds and chavs conceded less. I think regardless of who we sign we will be better defensively if only for the fact we have had Pep for a year and will have got to grips a bit better of what he expects and wants us to do.


..........and if Bravo is loaned out/sold elsewhere.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7481
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.


Let's hope he can score plenty of goals because if we don't get out shit together and sign three decent defenders we will conceade loads....

Only the rags, spuds and chavs conceded less. I think regardless of who we sign we will be better defensively if only for the fact we have had Pep for a year and will have got to grips a bit better of what he expects and wants us to do.


..........and if Bravo is loaned out/sold elsewhere.

Doubt he will start many games in PL. Unless the new fella isn't much kop.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 pm

sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sam Lee on twitter saying the deal is done in the region of £60m and will be concluded after confeds cup


I will jump for joy if this happens.

Those against this, sorry, y'all are mad. We will be a beast with Alexis on the left, Kun and either Jesus or Sane on the right next season.

Cannot wait.

Fingers crossed.


Let's hope he can score plenty of goals because if we don't get out shit together and sign three decent defenders we will conceade loads....


I'm not particularly worried about this because it's quite clear that we are working on getting defenders.

A combination of Mendy, Walker, Alves, Bertrand Martinez would improve us massively.

They all aren't actually the greatest defenders, but they are much more suited for our style of play and we would reap the benefits.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Image
Sanchez showing off his injured ankle again - should we be buying this bloke?
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4456
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image
Sanchez showing off his injured ankle again - should we be buying this bloke?


looks like a fat granny's leg
bet rooney has knocked one out over that pic
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11176
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Image
Sanchez showing off his injured ankle again - should we be buying this bloke?


looks like a fat granny's leg
bet rooney has knocked one out over that pic


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very very nice NT.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7481
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Guy Debord » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:42 pm

User avatar
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:22 am
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:55 pm

If, but, could, may.
bullshit article...
Image
london blue 2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:01 pm

What did everyone make of him in last night's game ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7481
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:What did everyone make of him in last night's game ??


I thought he was excellent, dropped of from the front well and his vision for playing the reverse passes was excellent. Could see him playing Sane in for numerous one on ones
FA cup winners 2006
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:55 pm

london blue 2 wrote:If, but, could, may.
bullshit article...

That's all Jamie Jackson does - he's a gobshite tabloid-level journalist trading on the Guardian's good name to try and have his speculation and guesswork taken seriously. People need to open their eyes about him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16719
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Dameerto wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:If, but, could, may.
bullshit article...

That's all Jamie Jackson does - he's a gobshite tabloid-level journalist trading on the Guardian's good name to try and have his speculation and guesswork taken seriously. People need to open their eyes about him.


He is a rag fan who rarely writes anything that is positive on city and is always looking to write clickbait shite on us.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28710
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:If, but, could, may.
bullshit article...

That's all Jamie Jackson does - he's a gobshite tabloid-level journalist trading on the Guardian's good name to try and have his speculation and guesswork taken seriously. People need to open their eyes about him.


He is a rag fan who rarely writes anything that is positive on city and is always looking to write clickbait shite on us.


like this bag of piss:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ding-spree

Pep Guardiola under pressure while he oversees Manchester City spending spree

The manager faces a defining season at City after an underwhelming opening campaign and his summer rebuild could cost the club around £250m


What about Klopp or especially moaninho? Bought the most expensive player in the world, bundesliga player of the year, and a few others - only to finish 6th under the worst arsenal in years while scoring less goals than any team outside relegation!

Just looking at the comments on the article, the only reason he's still employed is to generate clicks from people to say how shite he is.
User avatar
bigblue
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7735
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:30 am

Courtesy of CityWatch...


Alexis Sanchez (at a press conference with Claudio Bravo): "My future will be decided after the cup. I know what it is, but cannot say." https://t.co/qLak9jHb98
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5687
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Midnight Blue, plee and 47 guests