Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:So done deal, he is staying.

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.

Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

If he didn't really want to come to us, why did he turn down multiple offers from other clubs (Bayern, PSG, Chelsea) for more money, including from Arsenal?

I reckon Cuntinho will go. The Spanish liga still have 24 hours. While the Bayern, PSG and Chelsea news were only rumours. The only ones that made an official offer and were really involved in this are us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.

Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

If he didn't really want to come to us, why did he turn down multiple offers from other clubs (Bayern, PSG, Chelsea) for more money, including from Arsenal?

I reckon Cuntinho will go. The Spanish liga still have 24 hours. While the Bayern, PSG and Chelsea news were only rumours. The only ones that made an official offer and were really involved in this are us.

He may go, but I don't think the interest from other clubs were just "rumours."

The man is a world class goal scorer who can play multiple positions. Hard to see why we are the only ones bidding. The other clubs just saved face and PSG ended up with Mbappe and Neymar, so didn't need him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby aaron bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:

3 times.

Enough.

Next.

Blaming Alexis for this seems a bit odd to me mate, but so be it.

Many fans whinge about players who hand in transfer requests. Alexis has clearly sent the message he wants to leave. Not sure what handing in such a request would do given it's clear he wants to come to us. Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

Agreed. He clearly wanted to join us but Arsenal delayed everything hoping he would sign a new contract.

In the end Arsenal left it too late and couldn't find a replacement for Sanchez.

It's a massive shame as we desperately need another striker who could score 20-30 goals. We have lots of quality midfielders but none who will score plenty, Aguero who will score plenty and Jesus who looks great but is still a bit of an unknown. We have far less goalscoring power than in our previous title winning seasons.

With our defensive issues, winning the league could be tough considering we don't score enough goals. We need at least one of our midfielders to turn in a season like Yaya did in 2013-2014.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 pm

We already have two players that could score 20-30 goal each this season. If they both do then basically we win the league, we don't nee d Sanchez at that price imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby aaron bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 pm

Chinners wrote:We already have two players that could score 20-30 goal each this season. If the both do then basically we win the league, simples

We have one in Aguero and a possible in Jesus.

If we had a solid defence then perhaps we could win the league without scoring enough goals, but considering Kompany is injury prone and Stones/Otamendi are useless then not signing Sanchez is a blow.

The midfielders need to step up. It's key to our title chances.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Have I missed some thing here as I've heard it mentioned in the press a few times of late. My understanding is the our Transfer window finishes at 11pm (1am tomorrow in some circumstances) and that's it, no more buying or selling no matter what time the windows slam shut in other countries.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

Well done for letting Nacho go without having this in the bag!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 pm

[quote="Mase"]Well done for letting Nacho go without having this in the bag![/quote]

like i have said all along, the spafia are fucking useless
they have the one of the biggest wallets in the world to play with yet are forever fucking things up
i want rid. pretty sure the shiek will feel the same way as well soon...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Without Sanchez we can't rely on Aguero and Jesus for all our goals. Sterling Sane the two Silvas and Tintin have got to step up to the plate and score!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 pm

aaron bond wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

3 times.

Enough.

Next.

Blaming Alexis for this seems a bit odd to me mate, but so be it.

Many fans whinge about players who hand in transfer requests. Alexis has clearly sent the message he wants to leave. Not sure what handing in such a request would do given it's clear he wants to come to us. Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

Agreed. He clearly wanted to join us but Arsenal delayed everything hoping he would sign a new contract.

In the end Arsenal left it too late and couldn't find a replacement for Sanchez.

It's a massive shame as we desperately need another striker who could score 20-30 goals. We have lots of quality midfielders but none who will score plenty, Aguero who will score plenty and Jesus who looks great but is still a bit of an unknown. We have far less goalscoring power than in our previous title winning seasons.

With our defensive issues, winning the league could be tough considering we don't score enough goals. We need at least one of our midfielders to turn in a season like Yaya did in 2013-2014.

I agree that we need another goal scorer to really be at the level we want, but there are clearly fans of ours who think otherwise.

I respect everyone's opinion, but I'd like an explanation as to why Sanchez is a problem with Kun when we won the league with Kun, Tevez, Dzeko and Balo for 2 places while Pep seems quite interested in utilising a 2 striker formation some games, and others with 1 and 2 wide attacking players (3 players up front).

Kun, Jesus, Sane, Sterling + Alexis would work fine for 2 to 3 spots if you ask me with what Pep is planning. Yes, one player may not get as many games, but that means they have to work themselves back into the team, and we will of course have injuries.

Not sure how many times this has to be written...

I know some may hate the idea of Evans, but that's the centre half with experience who we targeted later in the summer given what is out there after the price of VVD/preference to Liverpool, and Bonucci still not wanting to leave Italy. We had planned for Bertrand as our 4th LB, but the Alves situation muffed that up and forced us to spend more on Walker and Mendy. It's as if no one seems to realise this is what happened and has been outlined by Sam Lee already.

Our plans for improving the defence were foiled by forces outside of our control, which effectively was PSG's insane plans to sign Neymar, which Alves surely learned about when they lured him in, surely swaying Mbappe as well (turning down so-called favourites, Real Madrid), and would all automatically throw ours into Plan B and C, and lead us to spend more than we expected.

I am confident we will be in for Alderweild next summer, as he seems the clear alternative we have targeted now given what's happened this summer. We figured Evans is decent enough to hold the fort and then probably move Otamendi next summer, and if Maffeo keeps things up can come in on the right and have Danilo as the backup LB.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Well, maybe I cursed it.

Tolmie said fee was agreed at 3pm so I was getting carries away at work and claimed sky knew nothing.

Could still be posturing as the lemar bid sounds bollocks.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Yep agree our other players need to step up and score or even shoot more (but the current lack is down to the system we are playing trying to walk the ball in the net like Arsenal used to, but that's for another thread) but if (and sure it's an 'if' but not an unrealistic big 'if) they both get 20-30 goals then we WILL win the league ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

It's not looking good is it ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Chinners wrote:Yep agree our other players need to step up and score or even shoot more (but the current lack is down to the system we are playing trying to walk the ball in the net like Arsenal used to, but that's for another thread) but if (and sure it's an 'if' but not an unrealistic big 'if) they both get 20-30 goals then we WILL win the league ....

Sterling will get 15+ as well.
But will be fucked if Kompany and Mendy gets injured. Going into the season with only one left back is bat-shit crazy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

What's going on, just got a text saying he has actually signed? Don't know where they got it from though
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Of course we have enough.... crikey stop this nonsense we have some serious attacking talent. Sane, Sterling, KDB, Gundo and B Silva should and will have to chip in with more goals to augment the strikers.
Get the above players attacking purposefully and swiftly.
We don't try to walk the ball into the net we try to walk it in backwards!!!!
Just get on with it Pep.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:38 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Chinners wrote:We already have two players that could score 20-30 goal each this season. If the both do then basically we win the league, simples

We have one in Aguero and a possible in Jesus.

If we had a solid defence then perhaps we could win the league without scoring enough goals, but considering Kompany is injury prone and Stones/Otamendi are useless then not signing Sanchez is a blow.

The midfielders need to step up. It's key to our title chances.

no, Chinners is right , we have two .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Sam Lee has said he's been told we're not going back in for him now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm

City ended interest in Evans ..... apparently

EDIT - B*ll*x, wrong thread
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 pm

City saying fuck you, keep your unhappy players. :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC