Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:If there is even an ounce of truth to this, Whinger can fuck off and he can take this thread with him..

the author of the £90m+ story Miguel Delaney - consorting with a fellow intellectual
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

90 million my arse. Fucking 50 is too much.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 pm

I'd pay £90 million for both Sanchez and Bellerin as a package deal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Another pre season another fucking goose chase. Get defenders in take our chances we win the lot.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Sanchez goes for free in 11 months time no way could Wenger get £90 million for him now that is just utter bullshit . Wenger and Arsenal should have sorted a new contract out for Sanchez last season to avoid all this ongoing speculation , maybe he / they did but Sanchez refused because Pep had already had a word ? we will soon know for sure but for me everything points to Sanchez joining us .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:03 pm

City64 wrote:Sanchez goes for free in 11 months time no way could Wenger get £90 million for him now that is just utter bullshit . Wenger and Arsenal should have sorted a new contract out for Sanchez last season to avoid all this ongoing speculation , maybe he / they did but Sanchez refused because Pep had already had a word ? we will soon know for sure but for me everything points to Sanchez joining us .

All this shit will go on until the last day of the window, then he'll turn up for 35 m
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 pm

I hope he stays at the Arse. Don't want the little whiner anywhere near Gods own.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm

zuricity wrote:I hope he stays at the Arse. Don't want the little whiner anywhere near Gods own.

I'm with you ZC. We should steer well clear.

I just have the irrational feeling he could be a potential team wrecker and it would be good for that to happen to Whinger, if Sanchez were to become disaffected over all this.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
zuricity wrote:I hope he stays at the Arse. Don't want the little whiner anywhere near Gods own.

I'm with you ZC. We should steer well clear.

I just have the irrational feeling he could be a potential team wrecker and it would be good for that to happen to Whinger, if Sanchez were to become disaffected over all this.

We do need another striker though.

I understand there are mixed feelings on signing Sanchez. Who would you go for instead?
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 am

If this falls through now wonder who we have lined up as plan B.

Aubumayeng? Or do we just wait for a season and go for someone like Coman? We could hijack Lemar and get back at Wenger a bit.

Tough decision here. Defenders will come this week, that's for certain I'd argue.

I suggested the Sanchez saga would be dragged out anyway.

Look, "only" £50m now for Sigurdsson.

I know traditionally you pay more for players under contract longer, but thing is Arsenal know we want...almost need Alexis to get to where we want. That's part of the issue here and the market is not anything we can truly grasp.

I'm crazy enough to say pay 70-85m. Whatever at this point. Who's better Alexis or Lukaku? He's 24? Okay, yet he's nowhere nearly as proven at Sanchez's level and may never be. We then still have SJS anyway. We're selling players now and this move takes us to the next level. Defense will be sorted this summer anyway, and problem with waiting a season is not just his age, but risking him not coming at all, and costing us trophies. If Alexis is in our team we will win at least 1 trophy.

Yes, I know, Van Persie, but that was a different time, era, and situation. We cannot muff this up, unless there is some plan B we don't know about that we are not thinking of.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 am

patrickblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Sanchez goes for free in 11 months time no way could Wenger get £90 million for him now that is just utter bullshit . Wenger and Arsenal should have sorted a new contract out for Sanchez last season to avoid all this ongoing speculation , maybe he / they did but Sanchez refused because Pep had already had a word ? we will soon know for sure but for me everything points to Sanchez joining us .

All this shit will go on until the last day of the window, then he'll turn up for 35 m

Agreed this is posturing from Arsenal, he will be ours at last min prob 50m after arsenal make it look like they tried. Might need sanchez to kick up fuss so arsenal can blame him ala nasri.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 am

Interview with Wenger on Sky currently, seems to be strangely unsure about whether Sanchez will be playing for him next season!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 am

johnny crossan wrote:Interview with Wenger on Sky currently, seems to be strangely unsure about whether Sanchez will be playing for him next season!

Have they sold out season tickets yet? Sanchez will play, Mbappe will be here, blah blah blah......
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:37 am

Wenger has fuckall power on whether Sanchez will stay or go IMO.....the club can get 30 to 50 million for him (apparently) now or ZERO in a years time.

Do you honestly think they give Wenger a deciding vote ?...seriously , hes got little say in the matter.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Wenger has fuckall power on whether Sanchez will stay or go IMO.....the club can get 30 to 50 million for him (apparently) now or ZERO in a years time.

Do you honestly think they give Wenger a deciding vote ?...seriously , hes got little say in the matter.

Wenger will make it as difficult as possible. Last day of the window if he can.

He does hold a lot of say in what arsenal do, however he is an economics professor or something like that so he won't let him wind his contract down
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote: he won't let him wind his contract down

wish the old frog would wind his neck in though :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm

His mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Wenger has fuckall power on whether Sanchez will stay or go IMO.....the club can get 30 to 50 million for him (apparently) now or ZERO in a years time.

Wenger will make it as difficult as possible. Last day of the window if he can.

He does hold a lot of say in what arsenal do, however he is an economics professor or something like that so he won't let him wind his contract down

He had a lot of say in the past but after the shite season he has had and the refusal to pay more than a million quid for a player , the board have hauled him in mate....he 100% does not have the same hold as before and I reckon transfer fees and decisions on players contracts etc is well above him in the decision making process.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:54 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:Yes but for every genuine ITK there are a dozen KFAs who trawl the twittersphere and football forums and regurgitate crap that other KFAs have already regurgitated.

Blue Moon deliberately engender the belief that they have ITKs because it increases their click numbers and therefore generates revenue. Many similar major football forums have a similar modus operandi and of course so does the MSM who simply invent stuff about the rags.

I think Ric, the Blue Moon owner, is a sound guy. I don't think he himself encourages these ITK jokers. It's the users who encourage them.

I'm going to say this millionth time in my life. Blue Moon are the biggest City forum around but the number of people who are ITK and post there that info is precisely zero. If for no other reason but to be truly ITK you'd have to be employed by the club and be one of the maybe dozen employees who are even part of the process. Every single one of those people have signed non-disclosure agreement and would be fired immediately. No one in their right mind would risk their job for getting cred in fucking Blue Moon.

There's one guy on there, MCRJON that either works in the CFA or gets info from someone that does. Either that or he's just really good at guessing.

I tend to agree with NQD.
I wasn't always the case though, pre takeover City were as leaky a sieve, and there were a fair few genuine ITK's.
Nowadays, no chance, the club's security is tight as the duck's proverbial.

Oh yes, I was talking about modern era. We used to be absolute joke in this sense. Every rumour, good or bad, always seemed to turn out to be true.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:Yes but for every genuine ITK there are a dozen KFAs who trawl the twittersphere and football forums and regurgitate crap that other KFAs have already regurgitated.

Blue Moon deliberately engender the belief that they have ITKs because it increases their click numbers and therefore generates revenue. Many similar major football forums have a similar modus operandi and of course so does the MSM who simply invent stuff about the rags.

I think Ric, the Blue Moon owner, is a sound guy. I don't think he himself encourages these ITK jokers. It's the users who encourage them.

I'm going to say this millionth time in my life. Blue Moon are the biggest City forum around but the number of people who are ITK and post there that info is precisely zero. If for no other reason but to be truly ITK you'd have to be employed by the club and be one of the maybe dozen employees who are even part of the process. Every single one of those people have signed non-disclosure agreement and would be fired immediately. No one in their right mind would risk their job for getting cred in fucking Blue Moon.

There's one guy on there, MCRJON that either works in the CFA or gets info from someone that does. Either that or he's just really good at guessing.

I tend to agree with NQD.
I wasn't always the case though, pre takeover City were as leaky a sieve, and there were a fair few genuine ITK's.
Nowadays, no chance, the club's security is tight as the duck's proverbial.

As do I in general mate, that bloke I mentioned though doesn't post often and seems to always get it right when he does, not just on transfers either, seen him post good info on contract extensions too and iirc something about the new badge too before it was revealed.

There are a lot of attention seekers on there though, no doubt about that.

Ok, fair enough, there might be someone who posts something when it SUITS THE CLUB. Ie badge change or extensions as you mention. I'm still 100% sure that no one involved with incoming transfers would ever go and post shit on Blue Moon or anywhere else while the transfer process is still ongoing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum