Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Considering his cost, including wages etc, I don't really want Sanchez to rack up. I'd much prefer to keep Nasri and spend the dosh on a centre back.

Nasri is at risk of a lengthy ban apparently

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 11971.html

Fairly sure if something was to happen on this it would have done so in the 6+ months since that article was written......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:41 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Considering his cost, including wages etc, I don't really want Sanchez to rack up. I'd much prefer to keep Nasri and spend the dosh on a centre back.

Fairly sure if something was to happen on this it would have done so in the 6+ months since that article was written......

Don't forget he was at Sevilla and not City. Automatic ban if he wore our colours. That said, it's an old news story and I very much doubt it has any more legs
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:sanchez has left us blue balled twice before and this would make it three. he can fucking do one. never wanted him anyway - fact!

He wanted to come to us , Arsenal wouldn't sell him to us or any other prem team.

It is what it is.

Carl on point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Don't forget he was at Sevilla and not City. Automatic ban if he wore our colours. That said, it's an old news story and I very much doubt it has any more legs
Hope you're all correct but I don't think it is resolved. There was something in the redtops just a couple of weeks ago and UEFA are also involved they reckon.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Hope you're all correct but I don't think it is resolved. There was something in the redtops just a couple of weeks ago and UEFA are also involved they reckon.

Would be funny if they waited for him to come back to us to punish him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:sanchez has left us blue balled twice before and this would make it three. he can fucking do one. never wanted him anyway - fact!

He wanted to come to us , Arsenal wouldn't sell him to us or any other prem team.

It is what it is.

Absolutely correct.

Although, it now seems doubtful that he was in Paris at all.

He was in a small town in Chile, miles from anywhere 19 hours before, so even with helicopters, private jets, and more money than Croesus it all seems a bit unlikely.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:49 pm

another twist?

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 pm

johnny crossan wrote:another twist?

Wonder if PSG "cooling their interest" means the same as the rags "cooling their interest"!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:another twist?

Well that tweet has made me change my cake preference to no longer wanting icing on it!

I'd rather he stayed with Whinger in the hope he is left ostracised by his team mates.

Don't fancy some Billy big bollocks shouting the odds in our club.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:Wonder if PSG "cooling their interest" means the same as the rags "cooling their interest"!

can any of our residents fluent in frog give us the gist?

PSG : Pourquoi Alexis Sanchez s'éloigne de Paris

MAJ : 23 juillet 2017, 16h45|0

D'un point de vue financier, le dossier Alexis Sanchez devient impossible si Neymar signe à Paris. LP/Frédéric Dugit
Y.L., J.L., L.P.

Alors que le transfert de l'attaquant d'Arsenal à Paris semblait sur le point d'aboutir, le dossier est désormais gelé.

Dans l’ombre de l’opération Neymar, le dossier Alexis Sanchez avait bien avancé ces derniers jours. Du côté du PSG, certains se montraient assez optimistes sur la conclusion de ce transfert. Le club et le joueur avaient trouvé un accord sur les grandes lignes du contrat : la rénumération, la durée (quatre ans) et les différentes primes.
Pourtant, il y a désormais très peu de chance pour que le Chilien de 28 ans s’installe à Paris cet été. D’abord parce que les représentants de l’attaquant d’Arsenal se sont montrés particulièrement tatillons et gourmands au moment d’entrer dans les détails du contrat. Ensuite parce qu’Arsenal campe sur ses positions et a balayé les différentes approches des représentants du PSG. Plusieurs solutions ont été envisagées, comme celles d’inclure des joueurs parisiens dans la transaction. Mais Arsène Wenger ne veut rien entendre.

LIRE AUSSI
> PSG : Neymar en plein doute

Impossible à mener en parallèle du dossier Neymar

Enfin, et c’est sans doute l’argument le plus important, les financiers qui s’échinent depuis plusieurs jours à trouver le montage qui peut débloquer le transfert de Neymar, ont freiné le dossier Sanchez. Alors que le club doit trouver les ressources pour lever la clause de 222 millions d'euros de Neymar, il n’est pas vraiment sage de s’engager parrallèlement sur une opération de près de 40 millions d'euros à laquelle il faudrait évidemment ajouter un salaire très conséquent.
Pour toutes ces raisons, le dossier Sanchez s’est fortement refroidi ce week-end. S’il n’est pas encore totalement enterré, il ne fait plus du tout partie des priorités.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Aresenal too greedy and PSG can't afford both Sanchez and Neymar.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Arsenal wouldn't budge from their position, Wenger would not entertain offers of players from PSG as part of the deal, and the representatives of Sanchez got greedy at the last moment, after everything had apparently been agreed.

He either a) wants only to go to City and was fucking them about, or b), he's a bit of a knob.

Interesting that Wenger wanted the money. I wonder how much his share is when they sell a player for huge sums.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Arsenal wouldn't budge from their position, Wenger would not entertain offers of players from PSG as part of the deal, and the representatives of Sanchez got greedy at the last moment, after everything had apparently been agreed.

He either a) wants only to go to City and was fucking them about, or b), he's a bit of a knob.

Interesting that Wenger wanted the money. I wonder how much his share is when they sell a player for huge sums.

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Lets just get nasri fit and save the cash. They arent goin to sell him to us so lets move on. Cant be much age difference between him and nasri. If we can get some fire in nasris belly he will be fine.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Arsenal wouldn't budge from their position, Wenger would not entertain offers of players from PSG as part of the deal, and the representatives of Sanchez got greedy at the last moment, after everything had apparently been agreed.

Is that you, Arsene?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if Sanchez and his reps did this on purpose to show Arsenal he'll just sit out his year if they don't let him go where he wants.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Is that you, Arsene?

Arsene is an Alsatian

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Aresenal too greedy and PSG can't afford both Sanchez and Neymar.

Nice synopsis HS. :) :)

One thing that was said was that it was unlikely ("there was very little chance") Sanchez would be going to PSG this summer. However, without it being stated as such, it almost inferred that PSG would wait until next year when they could get him for nothing.....or at least, that's what popped into my mind.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby HailNerdQueen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Wonder if PSG "cooling their interest" means the same as the rags "cooling their interest"!

can any of our residents fluent in frog give us the gist?

PSG : Pourquoi Alexis Sanchez s'éloigne de Paris

MAJ : 23 juillet 2017, 16h45|0

D'un point de vue financier, le dossier Alexis Sanchez devient impossible si Neymar signe à Paris. LP/Frédéric Dugit
Y.L., J.L., L.P.

Alors que le transfert de l'attaquant d'Arsenal à Paris semblait sur le point d'aboutir, le dossier est désormais gelé.

Dans l’ombre de l’opération Neymar, le dossier Alexis Sanchez avait bien avancé ces derniers jours. Du côté du PSG, certains se montraient assez optimistes sur la conclusion de ce transfert. Le club et le joueur avaient trouvé un accord sur les grandes lignes du contrat : la rénumération, la durée (quatre ans) et les différentes primes.
Pourtant, il y a désormais très peu de chance pour que le Chilien de 28 ans s’installe à Paris cet été. D’abord parce que les représentants de l’attaquant d’Arsenal se sont montrés particulièrement tatillons et gourmands au moment d’entrer dans les détails du contrat. Ensuite parce qu’Arsenal campe sur ses positions et a balayé les différentes approches des représentants du PSG. Plusieurs solutions ont été envisagées, comme celles d’inclure des joueurs parisiens dans la transaction. Mais Arsène Wenger ne veut rien entendre.

LIRE AUSSI
> PSG : Neymar en plein doute

Impossible à mener en parallèle du dossier Neymar

Enfin, et c’est sans doute l’argument le plus important, les financiers qui s’échinent depuis plusieurs jours à trouver le montage qui peut débloquer le transfert de Neymar, ont freiné le dossier Sanchez. Alors que le club doit trouver les ressources pour lever la clause de 222 millions d'euros de Neymar, il n’est pas vraiment sage de s’engager parrallèlement sur une opération de près de 40 millions d'euros à laquelle il faudrait évidemment ajouter un salaire très conséquent.
Pour toutes ces raisons, le dossier Sanchez s’est fortement refroidi ce week-end. S’il n’est pas encore totalement enterré, il ne fait plus du tout partie des priorités.

Not fluent, but passable. First bit mostly about Sanchez, second about Neymar. So here it goes, the gist is...

Sanchez transfer to PSG on hiatus, focus is on hashing out the details for Neymar instead, although the worry is that his asking price is also too hefty. It's been a struggle to get Neymar as well and his transfer is in doubt too. They said Arsenal has been greedy in dealings with them, and swept away the approaches of PSG reps. They thought about including the transfer of other Parisian players in the contract, but Wenger was solidly against it. So there is very little chance for the 28 year old Chilean to rest in Paris in the summer.

The ending line is that while not buried, the Sanchez transfer attempts for PSG are "not at all a priority".

That's as good as I can glean from it, but I remain hopeful that Sanchez is asking a ridiculous sum from the clubs he doesn't want to be at to dissuade them. He wants to be reunited with Pep, so I hold to the idea that City will eventually be his new home!
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Arsene is an Alsatian

I have still got no idea what your bulldog thing is about.

Blah.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum