Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:46 pm

City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:There are no doubts about us massively needing to invest in the defence but scoring goals is a big problem for us.

We have 2 strikers - I'm excluding Iheanacho as Pep doesn't want him. In both recent title winning seasons we had 4! We need another striker on top of Aguero and Jesus.

Jesus looks like the real deal but he is still new the Premier League so we have to exercise some caution. And Aguero is injury prone. We need at least 3 strikers next season.

Deffo this ! We missed so many chances last season and it cost us big time especially in the CL , Pep wants trophies and titles this coming season and we need to be scoring more goals with all the chances we create plus Aguero can't play all the time , loads of options with Aguero , Jesus and Sanchez and hugely exiciting to say the very least , Aguero and Jesus were fantastic together in the few games they started together add Sanchez into the mix that is world class for sure . Even at 50 mill a great investment for me and with Mendy and Alves looking sure bets defensively it is all looking very tasty indeed ........ big couple of weeks ahead let's see what happens .

All of our attacking options are capable of playing as either a striker or false nine - on the other hand we have almost no fullbacks. IF signing Sanchez affects our ability to replace players who have already left it would be reckless - if we have spare budget then fair enough. None of us knows though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez poll as requested by johnny crossan

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Maybe an "icing on the cake" option I.e. as long as we get all the other positions covered before the window closes?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:50 pm

If it hurts our ability to replace fullbacks who have already left then obviously no - if we have spare budget then fine if Pep wants him. I'm pretty ambivalent about him though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:53 pm

City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:There are no doubts about us massively needing to invest in the defence but scoring goals is a big problem for us.

We have 2 strikers - I'm excluding Iheanacho as Pep doesn't want him. In both recent title winning seasons we had 4! We need another striker on top of Aguero and Jesus.

Jesus looks like the real deal but he is still new the Premier League so we have to exercise some caution. And Aguero is injury prone. We need at least 3 strikers next season.

Deffo this ! We missed so many chances last season and it cost us big time especially in the CL , Pep wants trophies and titles this coming season and we need to be scoring more goals with all the chances we create plus Aguero can't play all the time , loads of options with Aguero , Jesus and Sanchez and hugely exiciting to say the very least , Aguero and Jesus were fantastic together in the few games they started together add Sanchez into the mix that is world class for sure . Even at 50 mill a great investment for me and with Mendy and Alves looking sure bets defensively it is all looking very tasty indeed ........ big couple of weeks ahead let's see what happens .

You're spot on with the need for more goals and strikers; I just don't want this particular overpriced 29 year old with a now limited shelf life.

We're currently having to replace a clapped out squad that had grown far too old. Buying Sanchez just seems to undo our attempts to rejuvenate the side for years to come and replicates our previous mistakes.

If he was 26 or even 27 then, perhaps maybe, but not someone who may well be getting past his prime already, for a role and position which is vital for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:
City64 wrote:

All of our attacking options are capable of playing as either a striker or false nine - on the other hand we have almost no fullbacks. IF signing Sanchez affects our ability to replace players who have already left it would be reckless - if we have spare budget then fair enough. None of us knows though.

Mate we WILL sign world class / top class full backs / defenders vsoon chill ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Definitely not; a waste of precious transfer money for a player of his age.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Si.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm worried that UEFA are gleefuly watching our projected transfer outlay and rubbing their grubby hands at the prospect of finding an excuse to revive their Financial Foul Play regime, specifically to hit us as hard as they can.

Hope our financial position and accounts are strong enough to withstand and fend off any such anticipated thuggery.

Hope we spend our transfer budget as prudently as possible without carelessly and needlessly exceeding it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:

You're spot on with the need for more goals and strikers; I just don't want this particular overpriced 29 year old with a now limited shelf life.

We're currently having to replace a clapped out squad that had grown far too old. Buying Sanchez just seems to undo our attempts to rejuvenate the side for years to come and replicates our previous mistakes.

If he was 26 or even 27 then, perhaps maybe, but not someone who may well be getting past his prime already, for a role and position which is vital for us.

We've already signed for the future in Jesus, Sterling and Sane.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:

Indeed, but why then go and undermine this by signing someone of Sanchez's age, particularly as Aguero, Silva and Yaya, who are all vital to the squad, aren't getting any younger.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Definitely not; a waste of precious transfer money for a player of his age.

Half the price of Pogba absolute bargain !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:20 pm

City64 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Definitely not; a waste of precious transfer money for a player of his age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice, but anyone's a bargain when compared to Pogba......even an antiquated poser like Ronaldo.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:21 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Maybe an "icing on the cake" option I.e. as long as we get all the other positions covered before the window closes?

Sorry, don't seem to be able to edit the actual poll.
Maybe the mods can add it when/if they merge threads.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:22 pm

How old is Messi btw ? Everyone would have him for totally stupid money even if he is knocking on now ! Sanchez meanwhile just a reported £50 mill seals the deal . Funny old world innit !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:23 pm

patrickblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Maybe an "icing on the cake" option I.e. as long as we get all the other positions covered before the window closes?

Sorry, don't seem to be able to edit the actual poll.
Maybe the mods can add it when/if they merge threads.

In any event, good work PB in setting up this poll; the results should be quite interesting.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:

Indeed, but why then go and undermine this by signing someone of Sanchez's age, particularly as Aguero, Silva and Yaya, who are all vital to the squad, aren't getting any younger.

I don't see how it undermines it MC, I think it compliments it. The two wide players particularly will benefit from learning from a player like Sanchez. His energy and will to win are contagious, I reckon he'd have the same type of effect Jesus had on our team last January in reinvigorating the attack.

He turns 29 in December, he's good for another 3 seasons at least.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice, but anyone's a bargain when compared to Pogba......even an antiquated poser like Ronaldo.

2 or 3 seasons from Sanchez at £50 mill is an absolute no brainer bargain and fucks up Wenger and Arsenal . The fan meltdown there will be fantastic entertainment plus we are stirring the hornets nest with our financial clout ........always always look at the big picture MC ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Merged the thread and lost the poll ooops sorry
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:28 pm

City64 wrote:How old is Messi btw ? Everyone would have him for totally stupid money even if he is knocking on now ! Sanchez meanwhile just a reported £50 mill seals the deal . Funny old world innit !!!

I'm not sure everyone would have Messi No.64, as his worth to a team is now, probably, less than his value but you're right about it being a funny old world.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:How old is Messi btw ? Everyone would have him for totally stupid money even if he is knocking on now ! Sanchez meanwhile just a reported £50 mill seals the deal . Funny old world innit !!!

I'm not sure everyone would have Messi No.64, as his worth to a team is now, probably, less than his value but you're right about it being a funny old world.

Messi turned 30 a few weeks ago
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum